Page 39 of 85 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by LaserRadiation View Post
    So at least why don't you make it reading only?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Because of the security concerns mentioned in the post. Leaving them in read only would require the account database to remain active even if posts cannot be made as it's part of the forums software. Multiple countries are starting to open up investigations into various companies regarding account security and given the outdated software we're using for these forums, it's a prime candidate to be investigated. Migrating to a new platform just for read-only posts is simply not a practical solution because of the costs involved in migrating all of the user info, and running numerous security certifications. We tried exploring that option as well.
    Why not just create another unofficial forum, tho? There are multiple forum software which are free of cost and easy to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Multiple countries are starting to open up investigations into various companies regarding account security and given the outdated software we're using for these forums, it's a prime candidate to be investigated.
    So can't you use newer software for this?

Why not just create another unofficial forum, tho? There are multiple forum software which are free of cost and easy to use.

Be the change
    Last edited by Minley; May 6th, 2021 at 11:03 AM.
    You really want some bread? Then go ahead create a set of goals
and cross em off your list as you pursue em

Usnavi

Quote Originally Posted by GaMe ChAnGeR1 View Post
    Exactly .

Quote Originally Posted by LaserRadiation View Post
    So can't you use newer software for this?
    Answer of this is given many many many a times, it's not only a new platform
    You really want some bread? Then go ahead create a set of goals
and cross em off your list as you pursue em

Usnavi

Quote Originally Posted by Minley View Post
    Be the change
    to up your post count? or?

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #387
    Quote Originally Posted by GaMe ChAnGeR1 View Post
    Supercell aren't going to create an unofficial forum.

Any of us can do so, if we have the resources to run it.

But that was tried with CR and BB, and those just withered away

Centennial Club
    We are where we are and I doubt we can change anything so we have to accept it.

But this thread currently has 27,844 views in 2 days and the Spring update thread has 106,464 views.

So presumably whilst fewer people are posting a lot are reading.

Still, I understand the commercial reasoning for this. If you had $1m to invest to drive growth, where would you spend it? There isnít a magic money tree - SC needs to deliver value to its shareholders who expect a return on their investment.

I can’t help but think that if SuperCell had promoted the forums a little bit, or even at all, for instance I have guys in my clan who’ve been playing Clash for years and years who didn’t even know that the forums exist, they’d have much more player engagement and wouldn’t be shutting them down.

Honestly though, this is completely inline with SuperCells modus operandi and doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. I wouldn’t even be surprised to learn that their excuse is false, and the only reason they’re shutting down is to save Tencent a few bucks. Just like they definitely didn’t shut down global so people couldn’t mention the Hong Kong protests and irritate Tencent, right? Wink…wink, lol.

Anyway, whatever. You’ll never find me on the cesspool known as reddit so I guess this is it. Adieu my fellow clashers.
    Leader of Alberta United #9YQYU0P2. Lv19, 868 fair play wins and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Supercell aren't going to create an unofficial forum.

Any of us can do so, if we have the resources to run it.

But that was tried with CR and BB, and those just withered away
    Yup, it would be hard to grow it. Realistically, it would just be a replacement community for the current members which retains the forum feel. Tried createaforum.com (https://clashofclansrecruit.createaforum.com/index.php), and a bit of CSS can make it quite similar to this one, ig. There are others like phpBB, MyBB too. VBulletin 5 cloud's $15 per month.
    Last edited by GaMe ChAnGeR1; May 6th, 2021 at 12:52 PM.