Page 78 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    This is true for any business, SC is not a charity.
    Years worth of posts that have likely had a positive influence on others only to be told the platform your using isn't worth keeping and your audience is small. Your right though, SC isnt a charity. We are. Once again they're cutting off another social aspect of the game. A quick search shows their revenue continues to decrease since that monster 2016 year despite having content that has sped up progression. When will they learn it's not always about upgrading? This forum maybe small potatoes compared to those other platforms, but there seems to be a common theme these past years. Focus on more content and not the social part of the game.
    Last edited by Mudbugs; May 29th, 2021 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FMdC92 View Post
    Don't try to understand the forums. It's a magical land of disagreement and ego self-inflation. Keep your head down and try to survive..

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    I'm curious in what way we haven't promoted the forums. All of our Patch Notes posts, multiple tweets and Facebook posts, Player Support, all refer players to the forums. We've done multiple competitions on our social media channels for Forum suggestions, etc. The only platform we've promoted more is our YouTube channel. We've engaged more on the Forums than any other platform. Heck, posting on the forums has been my honor and privilege to be able to chat with all of you, but it has the smallest reach out of all of our platforms.

Unfortunately, forums are an outdated medium as gamers and media savvy players gravitate towards more recognizable platforms like reddit, Twitter, Discord, etc. When we announced our forum closure on social media, there were numerous posts of "you guys had forums?"
    If there were numerous posts of "you guys had forums," that would indicate that the way in which SC promoted the forums was ineffective.

You mentioned patch notes, tweets, FB, and player support as ways SC promoted the forums. Did you guys ever promote the official forums in advertisements? Were the forums ever promoted during the various Clash of Clans competitions in which tons of players were watching?

I'm just curious is all. I get that forums are an old medium rarely used nowadays. Many places that used to have forums have shut them down over the years for various reasons.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #773
    Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    If there were numerous posts of "you guys had forums," that would indicate that the way in which SC promoted the forums was ineffective.

You mentioned patch notes, tweets, FB, and player support as ways SC promoted the forums. Did you guys ever promote the official forums in advertisements? Were the forums ever promoted during the various Clash of Clans competitions in which tons of players were watching?

I'm just curious is all. I get that forums are an old medium rarely used nowadays. Many places that used to have forums have shut them down over the years for various reasons.
    We don't promote any platforms in advertisements. That's not what the point of ads are for and it would feel really off to do so. But we have promoted the forums in many ways as possible. Whether it's through tweets, dev videos, etc. none of it has ever made a blip on forum activity.

The fall in forum use has little to nothing to do with how the forums have or haven't been promoted. This drop in daily usage is simply reflective of the changing times. Sure there is some anecdotal instances of some forums still showing activity, but across the game industry as a whole, official forums are seeing less and less usage.

Part of this has to do with the rise of more modern platforms like Discord and continued growth of external social media like Reddit, Twitter, etc. Even organic growth of Facebook, one of the most powerful marketing platforms, has dipped considerably to the point that organic growth for a game isn't possible and new games must rely on paid boosted advertising.

Fan-run forums are also more popular because to players they feel less-restrictive since official forums have to observe certain regulations and rules, making company-run forums less appealing to those who feel the need to express whatever they want.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Pro Member
    We don't promote any platforms in advertisements. That's not what the point of ads are for and it would feel really off to do so. But we have promoted the forums in many ways as possible. Whether it's through tweets, dev videos, etc. none of it has ever made a blip on forum activity.

The fall in forum use has little to nothing to do with how the forums have or haven't been promoted. This drop in daily usage is simply reflective of the changing times. Sure there is some anecdotal instances of some forums still showing activity, but across the game industry as a whole, official forums are seeing less and less usage.

Part of this has to do with the rise of more modern platforms like Discord and continued growth of external social media like Reddit, Twitter, etc. Even organic growth of Facebook, one of the most powerful marketing platforms, has dipped considerably to the point that organic growth for a game isn't possible and new games must rely on paid boosted advertising.

Fan-run forums are also more popular because to players they feel less-restrictive since official forums have to observe certain regulations and rules, making company-run forums less appealing to those who feel the need to express whatever they want.
    What will be the procedure to report bugs ?
    What media should I follow if I want the info that's meaningful+ useful to me (ie, not cutesy movies, not e-sports, just in-game stuff that will impact me ie updates, events, fixes) ? The CoC twitter is very PR-y + childish, signal-to-noise is low.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #775
    Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    What media should I follow if I want the info that's meaningful+ useful to me (ie, not cutesy movies, not e-sports, just in-game stuff that will impact me ie updates, events, fixes) ? The CoC twitter is very PR-y + childish, signal-to-noise is low.
    The nearest proxy replacement for the forums will be reddit as it's the only platform where extensive conversation can be had. You can also follow me on Twitter directly as I also engage in various conversational topics there too.
    AKA Tank Puppy

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Centennial Club
    I get all of this - it does make sense.

[I donít think it reflects well on our particular point of civilization though. My 9 year old much prefers playing Roblo* to reading a book or doing anything else. I think Wall-E feels quite prophetic 😂]

Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    Doesn't the in game news tab already show the latest important changes you mentioned? If you want to see the older changes, the wiki has listed all the update changes from latest to oldest.

I really enjoyed having discussions here and hope to see u all soon somewhere.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #779
    Quote Originally Posted by ESCANOR0803 View Post

I really enjoyed having discussions here and hope to see u all soon somewhere.
    As someone who was a part of the first F&F film, this one hits especially hard as I knew the late Paul Walker. Not particularly well, but worked with him on the set of the film. He genuinely was one of the nicest, warmest actors I'd ever met. His death was incredibly sad, like any death is, but the loss of such a wonderful person was really tragic.
    AKA Tank Puppy

As someone who was a part of the first F&F film, this one hits especially hard as I knew the late Paul Walker. Not particularly well, but worked with him on the set of the film. He genuinely was one of the nicest, warmest actors I'd ever met. His death was incredibly sad, like any death is, but the loss of such a wonderful person was really tragic.
    Actor Darian Clash?
    What else have you been hiding?
    You really want some bread? Then go ahead create a set of goals
and cross em off your list as you pursue em

Usnavi