Page 37 of 87 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

It's been a wonderful 4 years here. Thanks everyone and stay in touch!
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSk View Post
    So the latest version of vBulletin is still not secure enough?

Anyway, you (Darian) know that the Forum community may not be huge, but is quite involved: discussing, reporting, organizing events. Instead of closing down the last place where we can actually discuss, Supercell could also have chosen to revive the forum by directing people towards it (like it happened in the past). After all this is the only place where discussions can really happen (and over multiple days). There is no alternative for that.

Bottomline is that a community is left out in the cold, abandoned. And that hurts.
    I would have to agree with this. If you don't have the target "numbers", you make every effort to get them. So, I'd be interested in knowing what, if any, attempts SC has done to try to achieve this?

https://justhayday.boards.net/
    (Grand Opening 5/28/21)

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Unfortunately, it's just a few hundred people across ALL our forums though the vast majority are Clash forum visitors.
    And how has that come about: by closing the other forums and not making new(er) people aware the forums even existed.... circular reasoning, but really - it's true...

As I had said before, costs are not just the issue. If it were only about costs, we would've jumped at the chance to do it. But we cannot justify it for just a few hundred people with the hopes that people would willingly go to the new platform or that some might even return. Chances are, if players had to create new accounts and we had to start entirely over with new posts without migrating any of the old information/archives over, then it's likely we would lose many more users in the process.

We looked at the costs of a turn-key solution and there are numerous platforms that are reasonably priced. However, we also already explored the costs of auditing even a brand new platform as it would still need to be independently audited and also certified by numerous government agencies in countries our games are live in.

As for the "few hundred people" comment why not advertise the potential new platform? Advertise it on FB, in-game, Twitter, Reddit, discord, the whole nine yards. Where there is a will there's a way. People won't know about the forums until you actively advertise it. How many times has anyone seen the forums be advertised?

Credit goes to Be A Legend for this gorgeous signature! Thank you!!

Farm Level: 103
    Town Rep: 31
    Achievements: 148/150

Dairy Delights Owner/Founder

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #364
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSk View Post
    So the latest version of vBulletin is still not secure enough?

Anyway, you (Darian) know that the Forum community may not be huge, but is quite involved: discussing, reporting, organizing events. Instead of closing down the last place where we can actually discuss, Supercell could also have chosen to revive the forum by directing people towards it (like it happened in the past). After all this is the only place where discussions can really happen (and over multiple days). There is no alternative for that.

Bottomline is that a community is left out in the cold, abandoned. And that hurts.

This is not a situation isolated to just Supercell forums. Forums that belong to official game companies are down globally. Admittedly, they are a relic of the early 2000's and are incredibly old fashioned.

And yes, I agree it's not a great situation. But as a studio we also have to look at where we can make the biggest impact in our communities, as in plural. The forums are the smallest community across all our platforms. The Clash Discord server alone has over 100K members. Our other platforms have millions of followers. Now compare that to just a few HUNDRED on the forums. No matter how you slice it, there is no winning situation here. And yes, I'm with you that it sucks.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

It's been a wonderful 4 years here. Thanks everyone and stay in touch!
    This is not a situation isolated to just Supercell forums. Forums that belong to official game companies are down globally. Admittedly, they are a relic of the early 2000's and are incredibly old fashioned.

And yes, I agree it's not a great situation. But as a studio we also have to look at where we can make the biggest impact in our communities, as in plural. The forums are the smallest community across all our platforms. The Clash Discord server alone has over 100K members. Our other platforms have millions of followers. Now compare that to just a few HUNDRED on the forums. No matter how you slice it, there is no winning situation here. And yes, I'm with you that it sucks.
    With all due respect Darian, that doesn't really address what's being said here, or in my response..

https://justhayday.boards.net/
    (Grand Opening 5/28/21)

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #366
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    With all due respect Darian, that doesn't really address what's being said here, or in my response..
    There's only so many ways I can say the same thing: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12802835
    AKA Tank Puppy

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

There's only so many ways I can say the same thing: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12802835
    That explains it nicely
    You really want some bread? Then go ahead create a set of goals
and cross em off your list as you pursue em

Usnavi

Quote Originally Posted by Minley View Post
    That explains it nicely
    People don't agree... so apparently it doesn't?

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #369
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    People don't agree... so apparently it doesn't?
    I hate to be blunt, but you may not agree with it but it doesn't change the facts. I'm not saying we have to like it, or that we have to be happy about this situation but we do have to accept the reality of it. None of us are happy about it. None of us like this situation and if there were any other realistic option, we would have explored it.
    AKA Tank Puppy

Banned
    South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    I feel that a lot more could have been done for the forums, and a lot of things could have been done differently. You can’t blame forumers to be salty about it, and to blame SC for not doing enough to save the forums.

Are there other platforms where I can get the same official news as here? Yes, of course.

Are there other platforms where people (can) have the same mature and level-headed discussions about the game over days? I don’t think so, as nothing compares even slightly to the forums no matter how “outdated” this format is.

Oh and, people saying “You guys have forums?” kinda shows where the problem was/is.
    Last edited by MasterEdy; May 6th, 2021 at 10:06 AM.