Page 47 of 85 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

I will miss the forums. I understand the decision has already been made, the forum software needs updating and Supercell feel there are not the numbers to justify this. I think software like XenForo would have been a good choice if the forum was to continue, with forums using advertising to help cover the cost.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSk View Post
    So is Supercell to blame? Well yes, but I doubt they care if we blame them. They could have promoted this place, they could have listened to us more, heck they could even have asked us if we had any ideas. But let's face it: removing the forums is easier, cheaper, and silences those pesky people with strong opinions.
    So if for example you are an owner of Gaming Company, and you have to made the same decision, whether to spend more effort to keep the forum going for few hundreds people (incur more cost, promote the forum, as what you said), or you can choose the easier, cheaper way which is to close the forum. And you have tried to keep the Forum going, but still is not viable, and so you decide to shut it down. Are you the one to be blame? Or shouldn't you have the right to do what you think is right for your Company?

Quote Originally Posted by Minley View Post
    Imo forums could remain as a read only where SC posts news and etc. Easier to track then Twitter imo
    But https://clashofclans.com/blog/ exists?

I for one wont miss the forums at all, most of the daily posters IMHO are part of the bully/mob mentality that cause the newer players to stay away. far to often (do some serious soul searching on this one) a new poster would ask questions or make comments and the very first few lines are something similar to " learn to search for a thread. this has already been asked" followed by hyper links to an age old thread buried somewhere deep within the forums. for every user that came here and was bashed or berated when simply asking a question or posting how they felt they returned to clans and most likely told everyone there that the forums wasn't the place to go to for answers. so while supercell is getting blamed for shutting this forum down it truly is the fault of all those here that participate in the mob mentality that you berate other platforms for being.

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebeeee View Post
    I for one wont miss the forums at all, most of the daily posters IMHO are part of the bully/mob mentality that cause the newer players to stay away. far to often (do some serious soul searching on this one) a new poster would ask questions or make comments and the very first few lines are something similar to " learn to search for a thread. this has already been asked" followed by hyper links to an age old thread buried somewhere deep within the forums. for every user that came here and was bashed or berated when simply asking a question or posting how they felt they returned to clans and most likely told everyone there that the forums wasn't the place to go to for answers. so while supercell is getting blamed for shutting this forum down it truly is the fault of all those here that participate in the mob mentality that you berate other platforms for being.
    Although I certainly have witnessed some unfriendly responses to new forumers asking a question or proposing an idea, I think that's a rather small percentage of those on the forum and really can't be considered a "mob". I have personally (as have many others) tried to be polite and direct new posters to the information they seek, rather than to critize anyone. So, I wouldn't really "blame" those few people you refer to for the demise of the forum. (But again, I can see why you'd think that).

https://justhayday.boards.net/
    (Grand Opening 5/28/21)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    So if for example you are an owner of Gaming Company, and you have to made the same decision, whether to spend more effort to keep the forum going for few hundreds people (incur more cost, promote the forum, as what you said), or you can choose the easier, cheaper way which is to close the forum. And you have tried to keep the Forum going, but still is not viable, and so you decide to shut it down. Are you the one to be blame? Or shouldn't you have the right to do what you think is right for your Company?
    No one has said it is not their right. They can so anything they like, as it is their game after all.

Now I do not think they have tried to keep this place going, actually I do think they do not really care much about this place. This is their right as well. The user input people sometimes give here, does not have to be valued by them, I can even imagine they rather do without it. Maybe that even was the reason they stopped promoting this place at the first place, who knows.

However, it is also my right to disagree with it.
    Taking away the only place where people actually discuss, abandoning those who tried to organize and participate in events, to build a community that goes beyond the in game clans, yeah I disagree. Does it help? Not a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Minley View Post
    A blog is better than a nonexistent forum. I don't want my precious forum and all the messages togo away
    It isn't. Blogs exactly have the same purpose as the social media they already use: inform us. There is no participation.

This is.... just very very sad. i read this while in spanish class and i actually started to choke up. i have been here for barely 2 years... now its about to be gone.

i had my bike stolen, nearly lost my mrbeast sweater, had a super embarrassing moment, and now this... all in one week!

darian, as the forum belongs to you, i have no right to tell you not to close the forums, but can i make a request for you to tell us at least a couple of the factores why its closing? i understand in part it has to do with decreasing activity, but surely there were other factors, right?

Goodbye forums, I know you tried your best, darian.
    Signature courtesy of terminus prime and his shop
    my main account: https://www.clash.ninja/stats-tracke...ctor-9990lcc2p

Tollboothwillie
    Quote Originally Posted by chilepepper101 View Post
    This is.... just very very sad. i read this while in spanish class and i actually started to choke up. i have been here for barely 2 years... now its about to be gone.

i had my bike stolen, nearly lost my mrbeast sweater, had a super embarrassing moment, and now this... all in one week!

darian, as the forum belongs to you, i have no right to tell you not to close the forums, but can i make a request for you to tell us at least a couple of the factores why its closing? i understand in part it has to do with decreasing activity, but surely there were other factors, right?
    He literally said why in the very first post.

Banned
    South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by bumblebeeee View Post
    I for one do see where you’re coming from and what you’re saying was part of the reason I left a year and a half ago. Heck, I even made a sarcastic comment about it back then and to my surprise got upvotes by some people it was actually targeted on.

However, I do believe that there are decent folks here that have the best of others, new or old forumers, in mind. Also, there are good folks here who did give me new angle to look at things, sometimes even turning me 180 degrees around.

Which is why the forums are priceless - over the years they accumulated level-headed, mature people that are passionate about the game and the forums and are willing to discuss stuff, admit they’re wrong and push the game into the right direction. Nobody can convince me that the game would be where it is without the forums.