Page 38 of 86 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    There's only so many ways I can say the same thing: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12802835
    ...When we announced our forum closure on social media, there were numerous posts of "you guys had forums?"
    Exactly my point.

https://justhayday.boards.net/
    (Grand Opening 5/28/21)

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #372
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    I feel that a lot more could have been done for the forums, and a lot of things could have been done differently. You can’t blame forumers to be salty about it, and to blame SC for not doing enough to save the forums.

Are there other platforms where I can get the same official news as here? Yes, of course.

Are there other platforms where people (can) have the same mature and level-headed discussions about the game over days? I don’t think so, as nothing compares even slightly to the forums no matter how “outdated” this format is.

Oh and, people saying “You guys have forums?” kinda says where the problem was/is.
    I don't blame people for being salty. I'm salty. The forums have always been its own standalone ecology but it has always had the smallest reach of any of our platforms even at its peak. Even when there were over 250,000 posts per day across all our forums, which translates to just tens of thousands of users per day, it still pales in comparison to the millions of people our other platforms reach every day.

And yes, regarding the people unaware we had forums, that actually shows people prefer more recognizable platforms and not a lack of promotion of the forums. If someone's been playing Clash for 9 years and was still unaware of the forums even after all of the promotion of it we've done in-game and on social media, they wouldn't have visited it anyway.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

This is not a situation isolated to just Supercell forums. Forums that belong to official game companies are down globally. Admittedly, they are a relic of the early 2000's and are incredibly old fashioned.
    Which completely does not answer to what I said. vBulletin has over 22.000 active instances running, and quite frankly I do not care how many of those are game companies.

Forums might be old-fashioned, but apparently so is a part of your user base. And as said, it is currently the only way to have decent discussions over a timeframe of more then a few hours.

And yes, I agree it's not a great situation. But as a studio we also have to look at where we can make the biggest impact in our communities, as in plural. The forums are the smallest community across all our platforms. The Clash Discord server alone has over 100K members. Our other platforms have millions of followers. Now compare that to just a few HUNDRED on the forums. No matter how you slice it, there is no winning situation here. And yes, I'm with you that it sucks.
    There is no winning situation because Supercell decided to abandon their forum community, and I have no illusion that anything we say will change that. But no other medium provides what a forum can provide. Discord and Reddit are short term platforms (and not your official channels I think?), Facebook and Twitter are social media where you can post your news, no discussion media.

Whether you (and others) fought to keep this place, I cannot possibly know, but I take your word for it. But do not tell me there were no other solutions then closing: the fact they did not choose for other options does not mean they are not there.

I don't blame people for being salty. I'm salty. The forums have always been its own standalone ecology but it has always had the smallest reach of any of our platforms even at its peak. Even when there were over 250,000 posts per day across all our forums, which translates to just tens of thousands of users per day, it still pales in comparison to the millions of people our other platforms reach every day.
    Again you confuse the reach a platform has over the impact a platform has. How many of those millions of users you reach on, lets say, Twitter, actually are involved in discussions, provide idea's, reported bugs, organized events, etc?

Comparing a discussion medium with an outlet for your company/game information is comparing apples to toasters.

And yes, regarding the people unaware we had forums, that actually shows people prefer more recognizable platforms and not a lack of promotion of the forums. If someone's been playing Clash for 9 years and was still unaware of the forums even after all of the promotion of it we've done in-game and on social media, they wouldn't have visited it anyway.
    And what about people who played for a year? Two years? Just downloaded the game? When was the last Facebook/Twitter post about the forums? When was the last in-game news about the forums?

Banned
    South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSk View Post
    Again you confuse the reach a platform has over the impact a platform has. How many of those millions of users you reach on, lets say, Twitter, actually are involved in discussions, provide idea's, reported bugs, organized events, etc?

Comparing a discussion medium with an outlet for your company/game information is comparing apples to toasters.

And what about people who played for a year? Two years? Just downloaded the game? When was the last Facebook/Twitter post about the forums? When was the last in-game news about the forums?
    You said what I thought 1000 times better!

I hate to be blunt, but you may not agree with it but it doesn't change the facts. I'm not saying we have to like it, or that we have to be happy about this situation but we do have to accept the reality of it. None of us are happy about it. None of us like this situation and if there were any other realistic option, we would have explored it.
    I was responding to another poster and their inaccurate way of conveying something... nothing more, nothing less

So those "Read more .." etc were links to forum?
    I thought they are link to blog website of clash

And it's tellin' me that things are not the same

Salty team here.
    Forum is technically hosted like any websites, which probably has traffic analysis to see through which channel people came and how long they stay, how often they visit/revisit. I don’t see this number discussed or taken into account. Were they?

English is barely my third language, I would be easily lost in any other real time chat where I couldn’t translate with modern browser what’s being said. Valuable info here haven beed linked, copied, discussed in various groups, if they have a doubt they could double check, trusting the real expert here. And in final, accurate info would make its way to wikia, guides….in multiple languages. Soon no more. My deepest sympathies for those players.

I feel like we are taking a manual away once the agent mastered his work. Sound fine at the moment but when a new disturbing element comes into place, he should be panicking asking where have the manual gone.

So at least why don't you make it reading only?

Supercell Twitter Account :-

"Our dream is to create games for as many people as possible that are played for years and remembered forever."

The difficulty for me here is that the forums are the history of the game. It's a library of debate and discussion.

As for :-
    "
    During 2018, the number of daily posts ranged upwards of 250,000 new posts per day across all of Supercell’s official forums."

There's a reason for this.
    From 2016-2018, Engineering ruled, modding was still prevalent, as was hacking and account sharing.

At the time the Design team were focusing on Builder Base and not the key problems within the game, hence more players frequented the forums.

Recently of course, the Design team have done a great job imo, but that "2 years incarceration" period certainly fuelled forum activity.

To summarise, it's sad but sometimes in life and in business, tough decisions have to be made.
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 18 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : TH13.