Page 50 of 86 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    I hate to be blunt, but you may not agree with it but it doesn't change the facts. I'm not saying we have to like it, or that we have to be happy about this situation but we do have to accept the reality of it. None of us are happy about it. None of us like this situation and if there were any other realistic option, we would have explored it.
    If you donít mind, I have some ideas of realistic options that I feel can be explored. Fair?

I'm just a regular Joe with a regular job I'm your average white, suburbanite slob I like football
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakunin View Post
    Believe it or not but you are no more nor less special than any other member here and however much you may want this to be about you, it isn't.
    I didn't take it that way at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmille3 View Post
    I agree 100%. Allow me to rephrase, I think EVERYONE here deserves those answers.
    Everyone who puts their heart and efforts into something deserves some satisfactory closure. It rarely happens that way though. I'm not sure what more they can say. They made a business decision based on profits, time, and energy. In this case they can spend less time and energy and have zero (direct) effect on profits. Any business owner or corporation would likely make the same decision. The powers that be are disinterested in the intangibles. Regardless of what the moderators and community manager have been told, this decision has likely been in the works for a loooooooooooooong time. We will never know more than they want us to hear.

Believe it or not but you are no more nor less special than any other member here and however much you may want this to be about you, it isn't.
    And this, people, if why some people love being moderators....

Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    I always wanted to be a mod...

I actually sent a VM to Darian 4 weeks ago about things we could do to fix the forum by increasing activity. No response. Understandably, he is a busy man. My only hopes is that he saw it.

Well, no point in lingering then. Good bye all, have fun !

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #497
    Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    Bmille3 posted his own goodbye here, originally in a seperate thread, and then followed that up with a reply that said, "F forums" which I removed.

Edit: He created a countdown thread for the deletion of his alt forum account last May / June and then baited the forum with it. So, rule no.8 if any reason is required for his departure.

You also do not see the threads he has posted which have been removed.

You also do not see the threads he has inappropriately tagged with his own name which we have subsequently removed.

In the time it has taken me to write this reply he has been banned by another moderator for multiple rule breaches.

So, it is not about me loving being a moderator.

Rather it is about moderators being in the, at times, unenviable position of having to enforce Supercell's rules and then taking heat for enforcing those same rules. All the while knowing that members do not see the half of what we put up with, what we let people away with and the, sometimes lengthy, discussions we have around members and their behaviour.

I am not ashamed to say I have thoroughly enjoyed my time as a forum member, as a GASP and then as a moderator. I have given my own time freely and would be happy to continue doing so given the opportunity.

Again, this is about the loss of a community rather than the loss of an individual.
    Last edited by Bakunin; May 7th, 2021 at 09:24 PM.

Rather it is about moderators being in the, at times, unenviable position of having to enforce Supercell's rules and then taking heat for enforcing those same rules. All the while knowing that members do not see the half of what we put up with, what we let people away with and the, sometimes lengthy, discussions we have around members and their behaviour.

I am not ashamed to say I have thoroughly enjoyed my time as a forum member, as a GASP and then as a moderator. I have given my own time freely and would be happy to continue doing so given the opportunity.

Again, this is about the loss of a community rather than the loss of an individual.

I would like to thank you mods for the work you have done here, albeit I may not agree with all your decisions but how could I possibly? that would mean you’re perfect, and none of us are. It is a difficult job, one that takes thick skin at times, some handle it better than others. I am in enforcement in my real life so I know how hard it can be to turn the other cheek when perhaps that is not really what action you want to take. I believe the Forum is/was, a good place because of the modding you guys n gals have done, it would be less than desirable otherwise imo, may as well be called something like, oh I dunno, Reddit? *smirk*
    anyway, truly, thank you one and all for doing what you have done on your own time to make this place run for as long as it has, cheers

Belgium, a beautiful town. Here, you can find the best Fries, chocolate, beer and waffles ever!
    Always welcome to continue your mod carreer in the Forums Discors Server (the one in the sticky).

Keep in mind that it is only the ones who don't like your actions who speak up. The large majority does really appreciate the mod team's efforts. It only doesn't always seem like it.
    Last edited by Be A Legend; May 7th, 2021 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    I would like to thank you mods for the work you have done here, albeit I may not agree with all your decisions but how could I possibly? that would mean youíre perfect, and none of us are. It is a difficult job, one that takes thick skin at times, some handle it better than others. I am in enforcement in my real life so I know how hard it can be to turn the other cheek when perhaps that is not really what action you want to take. I believe the Forum is/was, a good place because of the modding you guys n gals have done, it would be less than desirable otherwise imo, may as well be called something like, oh I dunno, Reddit? *smirk*
    anyway, truly, thank you one and all for doing what you have done on your own time to make this place run for as long as it has, cheers
    Agreed. Moderating is an often thankless task. I appreciate what they have done. I would do far worse. Give me a few beverages after a long work day, a rehash of long running flames wars like rusher vs maxer or how hard is too easy and here's a ban for you and you and you...
    Last edited by Piper139; May 7th, 2021 at 09:17 PM.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22