Page 43 of 85 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Indeed it was. If we simply moved to another platform, chances are there would be large swathes of people who wouldn't migrate to the new one which would mean even further reduced users. Additionally, we would still be faced with the same logistical issues that led to this point to begin with, which would be contracting a consultant to find a secure platform, securely migrating the data, having multiple security audits, getting governmental certification (the Finnish government is incredibly adamant about data security. Like crazy thorough).

Again, if we still had tens of thousands of users every day, we could justify the 6 to 7-digit price tag. But you're asking for that kind of investment for just a few hundred people. And I'm talking under 300 people. Even if I could do it, there is no finance team in the world no matter what company that would ok such an investment for such a small group of people.
    Very true, but to be fair SC hasn't tried to get the forums back to being so popular. If anything, they've done the opposite. If SC wanted to bring the forums back to being popular again, the in-game links would be there, the release of new content/information here first would happen, the exclusive forum content parts of sneak peaks would still exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    This is not a situation isolated to just Supercell forums. Forums that belong to official game companies are down globally. Admittedly, they are a relic of the early 2000's and are incredibly old fashioned.

And yes, I agree it's not a great situation. But as a studio we also have to look at where we can make the biggest impact in our communities, as in plural. The forums are the smallest community across all our platforms. The Clash Discord server alone has over 100K members. Our other platforms have millions of followers. Now compare that to just a few HUNDRED on the forums. No matter how you slice it, there is no winning situation here. And yes, I'm with you that it sucks.
    I don't think we should compare the "millions" of followers on Facebook or Twitter to only the "active daily users" that we have on the forums. I'm a member of Facebook and Twitter and it does nothing for me. I don't engage in any discussion there since I cannot do so. I originally joined those so I could get announcements that sometimes were coming out sooner than they were here on the forums and sometimes were not being announced here at all. Now that there are in-game announcements, I don't really need Twitter or Facebook either, though I won't take the effort to remove myself from those since there is no harm in seeing an announcement pop up there.

That said, I know there is no doubt that for SC getting information OUT it is clear the most efficient ways are in-game and big social media sites.

I also know there is no doubt that for actual discussion, none of those sites with their millions of members holds a candle to the forums. The comments on Facebook are worse than the old global and there is zero opportunity for discussion, but it is a good place to post a sneak peak.

I also know I'm preaching to the choir here Darian as you've said many times you really love the forums and, while you haven't said it here, I suspect the forums would've been gone sooner without you.
    Last edited by 2222; May 6th, 2021 at 04:14 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Humming "The Soft Goodbye" Please see my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    ...Reddit isn’t a cesspool but is a good place to continue the community. Some of the redditors posting on the discussion about this thread are looking forward to the potential influx of actual game conversation instead of recycled memes. It has been stated some are actively working on archiving portions or all of the forum. Those I have interacted with have been helpful. I’m slowly seeing others from the forums there. Even Ajax has made an appearance.
    LOL, when the CoC subreddit mentioned Ajax's name several times in the Forum Closure thread. I was wondering what would happen. Apparently, they've summoned Ajax to the sub because I think he sensed the disturbance in the Force. The Force is with him and he's one with The Force.

Let me make some popcorn and see how Ajax mix it up with his fans on the CoC subreddit.
    Last edited by LynnK2015; May 6th, 2021 at 08:49 PM.
    Dedicating "The Soft Goodbye" to the Supercell forums and the people who made it an awesome community, the brightest star in the evening sky.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDVgb4pJMdI

Well, according to me, supercell has not been promoting the forums that well. The only reason I joined it was due to a rumor I heard on the Internet that they give free gems here. Of course it pains me to leave the forum now, since I came to know about the community and the treasure trove of clash knowledge here, I kept logging in.

Made by, Be a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blazeaxel View Post
    Well, according to me, supercell has not been promoting the forums that well. The only reason I joined it was due to a rumor I heard on the Internet that they give free gems here. Of course it pains me to leave the forum now, since I came to know about the community and the treasure trove of clash knowledge here, I kept logging in.

but the free gems were nice, amirite ? ;-p

I joined the forums because of some YouTube recommending to do so.

Wait, now who will send me a happy birthday mail every year?

Banned
    I joined the forums to fix th8. Sadly none of my attempts worked very well.

I got free gems from the forum once, but I had to earn it all through a contest. The contests were one of the things I liked most, and aside from the one that got accidentally deleted and the one we never finished, Darian did his best to make the forum experience entertaining.

If you go back and look at the last meme contest, it did result in many people from other social platforms registering for a forum account and posting private Google drive links but unfortunately never posting again. I wouldn’t say Darian didn’t try to keep it going even in the end game.

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    These forums used to have thread/post scoring/voting. It got removed for being negative/toxic.

i'm so grateful to you for your posts. i lack the eloquence but you are writing what i and many, no doubt, are thinking/feeling.
    i'm not just interested from clash's pov either but, HD's forums too...which has REALLY suffered from the lack of directed in-game traffic imho.

and i literally lol'd at your post re current extracts of convo in discord and reddit. ty for posting them

the voting system on reddit is one of the major reasons why i don't like posting there that much...i agree it's toxic and encourages witch-hunting imo. it's not an ideal substitute but infinitely better than discord. makes one realise just what will be lost when these forums go

i am to blame tho...i am part of the problem...instead of lurking and reading i should have engaged more and that's on me.

Can I mention fluffy bunny now that the forum is being shutdown?