Page 73 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by ClashDotNinja View Post
    Just to expand on this as someone who has used forums and Reddit a lot over the years, the "new posts" in forum terms here refers to "new threads". This doesn't work like the "new posts" section on forums that shows you everything since your last visit.

Reddit doesn't tend to have long running "threads" with people contributing over days, weeks or months, unless they are stickied. OG forum users may see this as a bad thing, but it often helps move topics along rather than the same topic going round and round in circles, which can happen with long running forum threads. I wouldn't say this is better or worse, it's just different. Once you get used to it, it feels less alien.

Filtering posts on the sub-reddit will help remove a lot of the low quality content and the "meme weekend" rules (no memes during the week) is big contributor to helping filter out a lot of the annoying low quality content that people have identified in this thread. Unfortunately, that doesn't remove the same ideas being posted time and time and time and time and time again each day, but after a short stay there, you'll quickly spot which posts/threads to scroll on past to help prevent getting frustrated.
    Right, Reddit isn't better or worse, it is different. Unfortunately, it won't/can't replace the forums for those discussions that you referenced. For a quick question/answer, to get announcements, etc. it works just fine. I will definitely check it out more once the forums close, but will miss the discussions here. I also think the game itself will miss the results of some of the discussions here.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Banned
    South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I also think the game itself will miss the results of some of the discussions here.
    Most of us do, my friend...
    Last edited by MasterEdy; May 18th, 2021 at 06:23 PM.

I do most of the recruitment here on these forums, so if this ends, it will definitely affect my clan's growth. Never liked Reddit's format... feels very messy to me. Let's see how this rolls out in the future. RIP forums.

No wonder Log had reddit account and not forum account.

Love this, great paint job!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    My reddit account is my personal one so I use it also for posting my hobby photos; painting miniature tabletop gaming models. Blood Angels are just a faction in the game universe of models I paint.

As far as notifications, when I post on a thread in the CoC subreddit there is a flair added to the subject that says "Supercell Response". That's how you know I've posted there.
    Used to have a Squat army, was over 25 years ago now that was until they took the codex out the game. Glad to see a few of those did survive the Tyranids devouring their homeworld as a couple have recently turned up in Necromunda.

Sorry to see this place go, it's been great fun and the source for information for me. Sadly another social aspect of the game and community comes to an end.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; May 19th, 2021 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck77 View Post
    <subquote Darian>
    Not a great thing to do: quote someone and take out the quotation marks... I'm assuming you are not posting on reddit as a SuperCell employee? or are you?

Sorry I was just quoting the old post and noticed the images hadn't come in so I pasted them over, didn't realise any quotes had disappeared? Good to see the forum police out in full force as ever on here. Previous post deleted. I give up. That's me done, thanks guys
    Last edited by Shipwreck77; May 19th, 2021 at 11:45 AM.

For the record (as I dod not know a better place to post it): I am out of here as well. No use posting on a forum that sits on death row, is there?

Some I will see on one of the Discord servers I am member of, some in game, some both. The rest of you: It has been a pleasure, most of the time

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #729
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck77 View Post
    Sorry I was just quoting the old post and noticed the images hadn't come in so I pasted them over, didn't realise any quotes had disappeared? Good to see the forum police out in full force as ever on here. Previous post deleted. I give up. That's me done, thanks guys
    No need to apologize to anybody. I've fixed your post for you. My guess is you quoted the quoter, and not the original, which made it difficult. But no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Not a great thing to do: quote someone and take out the quotation marks... I'm assuming you are not posting on reddit as a SuperCell employee? or are you?
    No need to be so rude. It was obviously an editing error.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 22 - 781 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Groupme - + - Discord

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    No need to apologize to anybody. I've fixed your post for you. My guess is you quoted the quoter, and not the original, which made it difficult. But no worries.

No need to be so rude. It was obviously an editing error.
    To you it might have been. For quite a few, who have specifically been asking about Darian and posting, not as clear as for you - as could be deducted from several conversations in other channels...

Asking for clarification on something that is 'obvious' for you (but not for others) is rude... apparently. Not everyone is a mod here and can see 'behind the scenes' and apparently in others' minds...