Page 23 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #221
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    I think both Nick and Darian tried their hardest and gave it their all to come up with another alternative to the forum closure. But sadly, our dwindling numbers in the forums worked against the continual existence of the Supercell forums. Here are their reactions when Team Boom Beach closed its subforum in 2018.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11847694

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11847769
    Nick and I fought incredibly hard, we pushed back, delayed, procrastinated, argued, cried manly tears, and in the end had to concede. If there is any way to prolong the inevitable I will do what I can. The forums are a very special place as it's where I first got to know the Clash community when I started here. I owe everyone here a huge debt of gratitude for making this place awesome and I will never forget the many who have made me laugh, made me angry, made me proud, and accepted me into the Clash community.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Nick and I fought incredibly hard, we pushed back, delayed, procrastinated, argued, cried manly tears, and in the end had to concede. If there is any way to prolong the inevitable I will do what I can. The forums are a very special place as it's where I first got to know the Clash community when I started here. I owe everyone here a huge debt of gratitude for making this place awesome and I will never forget the many who have made me laugh, made me angry, made me proud, and accepted me into the Clash community.
    Which remaining discussion channels do you think you’re going to visit and comment on most often?

Humming "The Soft Goodbye" Please see my signature.
    ...Like I said, if it were just outdated security we'd happily just change platforms. But for just a few hundred daily active people across ALL Supercell forums there's no winning outcome from this unfortunately.
    IIRC, when Team Clash Royale and Team Boom Beach closed their subforums, two forumites created CommunityRoyale.com and BoomBeachForum.com respectively to replicate the spirit of the departed subforums.

They ran the experiment valiantly for a year or two, but they closed their forums eventually because of low traffic. While the magic of the Supercell forums will be hard to replicate, it'll live on in our memories.
    Dedicating "The Soft Goodbye" to the Supercell forums and the people who made it an awesome community, the brightest star in the evening sky.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDVgb4pJMdI

And it's tellin' me that things are not the same
    Please buy us sometimes to save our threads for future reference.

June is just too short notice for forum this size.

Fluffy hugs.

Banned
    South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    I'm curious in what way we haven't promoted the forums. All of our Patch Notes posts, multiple tweets and Facebook posts, Player Support, all refer players to the forums. We've done multiple competitions on our social media channels for Forum suggestions, etc. The only platform we've promoted more is our YouTube channel. We've engaged more on the Forums than any other platform. Heck, posting on the forums has been my honor and privilege to be able to chat with all of you, but it has the smallest reach out of all of our platforms.

Unfortunately, forums are an outdated medium as gamers and media savvy players gravitate towards more recognizable platforms like reddit, Twitter, Discord, etc. When we announced our forum closure on social media, there were numerous posts of "you guys had forums?"

I once said they'd have to pry these forums from my hands. And believe me, Nick (Hay Day CM) and I fought with every single argument we could explore. We looked at every option including the possibility of paying for the forums out of our own pockets (which of course is a quite unrealistic expectation).

Like I said, if it were just outdated security we'd happily just change platforms. But for just a few hundred daily active people across ALL Supercell forums there's no winning outcome from this unfortunately.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was no direct in-game link to the forums for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminosity26 View Post
    Where will we be able to suggest QoL?
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    There will be no formal/official way for that any longer
    Really ? I feel like the QoL thread was a good idea and it’s nice when people post to say they think it’s a good idea also. I like to give something back as well as taking info from this forum

I just hope that some of the ideas on that thread get considered at a future date , or is that thread considered complete now with the April update
    Last edited by helloworld2; May 4th, 2021 at 04:39 PM.

Forum Elder
    While I completely understand, It dosent make it any easier to swallow. business is business..
    I will miss this refuge. and would like to thank the Mods esp, Darian and a host of other poster's who made this place a great 'hang out' over the past decade (amazing deal IMO).

Thanks, I will get to cleaning out my inbox.

happy trails forum Clashers.

now which platform do I need to get on...
    I may have to break down and get a Twitter acct.

Thanks Darian. and SC Team. its been a pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    What platform are you referring to? reddit isn't official, discord isn't official ... FB is hijacked by a youtuber, and Twitter... well, when have you ever had a 'true meaningful discussion' on Twitter?
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    Not going to happen, not for me and (apparently) not for many others.

I came here because of the format and content.

Let’s see here:

Facebook: no, thank you
    Reddit: hate the format
    YouTube: tell me again where I can discuss new ideas, create new threads and share my layouts there
    Discord: not user friendly, at least not for me.
    Twitter: I have enough negativity in my life, no need for more
    guys, not for a second do i suggest that any of those platforms, official or otherwise holds a candle to the forums. i'm just saying, rather than trying to start an alternative unofficial venue, perhaps moving to reddit would be better...or indeed starting a r/CoCForumites sub...or something...

i'm the first to admit that whilst i don't post much here anymore, and have a presence on reddit and CoC discord...i don't like em...
    i think it's more the userbase than anything else...forums attracts a different type of poster...mob rule rules on reddit and discord...sick to the back teeth of "bro" and "bruh" and conversations carried out with emojis on discord. i don't need to go into it...plenty of posts already about the pros and cons...

if the above is the case then why am i suggesting it anyway? because maybe it would help make some of those platforms more bearable.
    Last edited by udderly; May 4th, 2021 at 04:54 PM.

Belgium, a beautiful town. Here, you can find the best Fries, chocolate, beer and waffles ever!
    Will there be given a specific closedown date later on?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was no direct in-game link to the forums for a very long time.
    At least one of the last update sneak peeks in the game linked to the forum. Not all of them did, but other posts only linked to Twitter (such as the last CG rewards tiers), so they spread the love a little bit. I didn’t go too far back.