Page 16 of 87 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the design your own meme contest supercell did months ago was probably a last ditch effort by supercell to draw new users to the forum. All submissions had to be made to the forum and it was a contest that was announced on all of their social media platforms. Makes sense that they'd try to save the forum with new users, but they had to know that the vast majority of submissions would be from players who would never return to the forum.

Centennial Club
    I donít post very much, but have spent hours each week reading these forums during my lunch breaks at work and at other times for years. This is sad news and I do question the timing given everything that is going on globally at the moment, but I understand this is a commercial decision.

There is no reason why someone could not recreate something similar though as an unofficial forum. I donít know how to do this, but someone else might.

I find Reddit hard to navigate but maybe thatís an age thing. Canít seem to find any meaningful content there.

Ultimately I am sure that closing the forums will have minimal impact on CoC revenues so it makes sense from a business perspective but it is a sad day.

Thanks to all the mods (even though you have an annoyed me at times &#128514 and good luck to Darian!

^^^ ideally the people from here will move across to reddit, because once you get used to it, it's bearable...more importantly...if there was an influx of knowledgeable posters from here, i can only see that as a good thing...

why start an unofficial forum when there are platforms already available that, whilst different to what you're used to, are long established?
    Last edited by udderly; May 4th, 2021 at 12:30 AM.

Centennial Club
    Udderly, I guess Iím just not used to the Reddit format. Was there just now though and they are keen for forumers to join.

New Bloke/Chick
    Iced tea: absolutely you're welcome to archive anything you think should be from here to Reddit. Try to keep it to just a few posts if possible though? Or send a modmail to the moderators. We could even maybe set you up with a wiki
    Last edited by zaggeek; May 4th, 2021 at 12:44 AM.

Humming "The Soft Goodbye" Please see my signature.

Thank you very much to the former and current Forum Moderators aka the Mod Squad

After reading Darian's shocking announcement in the morning, I've been experiencing a whirlwind of emotions throughout the day. Outside my window, the sun is setting and the fog is creeping in. As my mind starts to regain control of my body and I think about the invaluable contributions made by the exceptional group of volunteers known as the Forum Moderators, I feel a lump in my throat and my eyes are misting.

I'm at a loss for words. But I don't want to delay writing this post. I'll quote myself from previous posts and hope they are still timely and express adequate appreciation. I bow before you, Forum Moderators.

Appreciating the Forum Moderators
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...=1#post9064328

Comparing the Mod Squad to Submarines
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...=1#post8812250
    Last edited by LynnK2015; May 4th, 2021 at 12:41 AM.
    Dedicating "The Soft Goodbye" to the Supercell forums and the people who made it an awesome community, the brightest star in the evening sky.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDVgb4pJMdI

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by helloworld2 View Post
    if it can be customised to just thread titles in a list (like the forum here) rather than a big graphic saying ďsadĒ (someone missed out on the wrecking challenge) then Iím sold
    There are settings you can use on desktop to change your viewing experience for that. Also some apps do that (I know you didn't want an app, lol). I use Reddit is Fun for android. It shows just the titles.
    Last edited by zaggeek; May 4th, 2021 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gindie View Post
    Udderly, I guess I’m just not used to the Reddit format. Was there just now though and they are keen for forumers to join.
    i'm a forumer too, first and foremost. i started over on HD tho. i miss the forums but, i also understood that eventually this place will fold...so i already post on reddit and discord etc

in time i got used to it...imo? the forumer is a better class of person so it would absolutely be great to see more of us on reddit and discord
    Last edited by udderly; May 4th, 2021 at 12:51 AM.

Heh, my location aged quite badly, didn't it?

I was only really active here for a few months, but I met a lot of great people here; sad to see it go

And, just for the nostalgia,

Thanks to ClashofHolmes for the sigpic!
    Quote Originally Posted by NightmareX View Post
    I'm not liking how users could be on the Veteran side if they posted in other sub-forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anomynion View Post
    Whaaaaaat? I have no idea what you're talking about...
    Forum Feud | More games coming soon!

To echo everyone else's posts here, man... seeing this announcement has me sad. The Forum was always a great source of info that I have taken to heart over the near 3.5 years I've been here, and the community is just great as a whole.

I do peruse reddit occasionally but it will never hold a candle to the forums.

Main Account (TH14): Darkwindô | Alt Account (TH12): DARDANIUS

Clan: CAESARS BOYZ (LV 17 - Crystal II)