Page 45 of 87 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by ayih View Post
    I'd say it's safe to assume clan chat will be removed in the next few years too.
    I'd be shocked, unless the plans to end the game completely are already made at that time (which is very unlikely given how popular it still is).

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #442
    Quote Originally Posted by ayih View Post
    I'd say it's safe to assume clan chat will be removed in the next few years too. No I'm not being sarcastic. This game used to be really social in the TH snipe days. SC just doesn't seem to want coc to be a social game.
    If you think it's safe to assume CoC will be shut down in the next few years, that is a reasonable secondary assumption.

But there is no chance that will happen otherwise, since it would undoubtedly destroy the game.

Darian is this your statement or Supercell’s statement? I don’t think you’re a bad guy but this statement has some glaring misinformation.

I will also ask you to truthfully answer - how long ago were the first talks about the forum shutting down? Who is “fighting for us” and who is not?

Banned
    South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmille3 View Post
    I will also ask you to truthfully answer - how long ago were the first talks about the forum shutting down? Who is “fighting for us” and who is not?
    I don't know what'd surprise me more - anything more than a PR answer to your question or Darian actually telling us exactly what's going on behind the curtains.

You're fighting a lost cause here, my friend.
    Last edited by MasterEdy; May 7th, 2021 at 03:35 AM.

You do realize the reason why posting in the forums no longer produces 250,000 posts like it once did, right? That was shortly around the time when town hall sniping was no longer a way for players to farm. I think players cared more for that than global chat being removed.

Anyway, as a casual lurker in the forums, I actually enjoyed the fact the forums weren't spammed with the thousands of like messages as they once were. I recall endless banning requests to be lifted back when Supercell started to enforce it. I remember countless ideas being submitted how to improve Legends. I remember infinite discussions about what is engineering. You fixed it all... and now we don't have much to talk about these days other than discussing what it should have always been: strategy. Of course, we'll still get those same random questions ever so often, but not like then when these issues we asked endless weren't getting addressed. You listen, you fixed it and we didn't have anymore complaints.

Oh well, as someone who studies analytics for a living.... You can't measure the success of your forum how you're showing it, because 250k is not your trend. Your enhancements to the game spawned those posts and as the bees nest calmed, your normal traffic to the forums showed its true form. Community is your most important asset, but you don't need me to tell you that.

It is ironic that the success of Clash has led to the demise of the Forum. Ever since the disastrous rollout of Town Hall 11, Clash has rebounded. Modding programs were beaten, engineered bases were defeated, Legend League clouds were defeated, Clan War Leagues was successfully implemented, the Gold Pass was a great success, multiple attack strategies exist at every level to name just some. Updates have been regular and predictable. In other words, most things work well.

Add to that, a responsive Community manager in Darian, and there is just less to post. Sadly, none of the alternatives promote a serious discussion about the game. To compare the forum to any of them is like comparing apples and doughnuts. When things go wrong, there will no longer be a platform to resolve issues. I think Supercell is making a big mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Here’s something I saw in the game that got me scratching my head a little. It looks like there’s a spot for a sixth social platform in this little area, except there isn’t anything there.

maybe to add discord there, there's r/coc discord
    You really want some bread? Then go ahead create a set of goals
and cross em off your list as you pursue em

Usnavi

Quote Originally Posted by Filbert View Post
    It is ironic that the success of Clash has led to the demise of the Forum. Ever since the disastrous rollout of Town Hall 11, Clash has rebounded. Modding programs were beaten, engineered bases were defeated, Legend League clouds were defeated, Clan War Leagues was successfully implemented, the Gold Pass was a great success, multiple attack strategies exist at every level to name just some. Updates have been regular and predictable. In other words, most things work well.

Add to that, a responsive Community manager in Darian, and there is just less to post. Sadly, none of the alternatives promote a serious discussion about the game. To compare the forum to any of them is like comparing apples and doughnuts. When things go wrong, there will no longer be a platform to resolve issues. I think Supercell is making a big mistake.
    Great post and bang on!

Feels like Supercell are throwing in the towel to a certain extent with older players in particular and going for less sophisticated mature age groups.

Will make the game feel rather aloof and ‘cut—off’ for those who posted on here.

GB

Belgium, a beautiful town. Here, you can find the best Fries, chocolate, beer and waffles ever!
    These days, the majority's attention span is very short. And it has translated to how the platforms work:

- Twitter gives you only 240 characers
    - Nobody reads YouTube comments of over 100 words
    - Discord real time chat isn't made for long explanations
    - FaceBook is all the 3 above.

People want quick quick quick (especially for young players) and that is not what the forum has to offer. I think that is the main reason for the enomous decline in forum users. I was very happy that a forum like this existed, but the majority wins, as always.

To say that Supercell is 100% to blame, seems wrong to me. Purely from a multi million $$$ company's standpoint, shutting down the forums is a totally reasonable decision (wether we like it or not). If Supecell decides to close down the forums because there are only 300 active users, then they sure won't adapt to the opinion of those 300 users.

The motto here: "It is what it is".
    Last edited by Be A Legend; May 7th, 2021 at 07:00 AM.