Page 32 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    I've noticed this as well, but I wonder whether this is a lagging indicator rather than a leading one.

I think this format (the bulletin board style of forum) speaks to me due to my age. I finished college in the late 90s as the whole internet thing was taking off. In the 2000s, before Facebook was ubiquitous, this style of forum was very common, you could find one on almost any topic (I suspect usenet users at the time grumbled about this shift, as usenet became less popular in the process, but I digress). I had great times in old Boston Celtics forums, and made some IRL friends in the process I still talk to on occasion.

Then, late 2000s Facebook and Twitter took off. The kids finishing school now have grown up with social media, and I think the Reddits and Discords speak to them more, as they have more of a social media-like aspect to them. Of course there are exceptions up and down the board, but I would guess this holds mostly true. I know I was surprised at how many people on the forum seemed to be around my age and older.

Yes, you could make the argument that SC stopped promoting the forums and that slowed down traffic, but you could also make the argument that SC saw more traffic going towards Reddit/Discord/Twitter and started putting more focus there.
    I think that your comment about age is more about Clash in general than the forums. There's younger users too but many of the people I've met in clash and the game in general are 30s, 40s, 50s, even 60+

Centennial Club
    The end of an era. Thank you to Darian, moderators and all the wonderful contributing members here. Iím an avid Reddit user but I always come here for information so itís a sad day.

I saw some people throw the idea of Facebook around - Facebook groups have a ton of great features that can sort of emulate this forum. I run an unrelated (shopping) Facebook group with over 30,000 members - but maybe, we can just make a Facebook group for only previous forum members?

I donít want to lose contact with you all and I prefer the intelligent conversations and debates we have here as opposed to Reddit.

Discord is another great option but I think Facebook Groups are more user friendly. The demographic of my Facebook group is 50 and older.

Iím not suggesting that I run it, but I gladly would make one, but I suggest that all of us from the forums where we can privately go and chat about the game.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Kitsuney; May 5th, 2021 at 06:46 PM.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by udderly View Post
    guys, not for a second do i suggest that any of those platforms, official or otherwise holds a candle to the forums. i'm just saying, rather than trying to start an alternative unofficial venue, perhaps moving to reddit would be better...or indeed starting a r/CoCForumites sub...or something...

i'm the first to admit that whilst i don't post much here anymore, and have a presence on reddit and CoC discord...i don't like em...
    i think it's more the userbase than anything else...forums attracts a different type of poster...mob rule rules on reddit and discord...sick to the back teeth of "bro" and "bruh" and conversations carried out with emojis on discord. i don't need to go into it...plenty of posts already about the pros and cons...

if the above is the case then why am i suggesting it anyway? because maybe it would help make some of those platforms more bearable.
    You'd be welcome to start your own subreddit but I'll warn you there have been any number of niche subreddits for clash over the years including ones just for memes, base building, videos, etc.

Frankly they just don't get as much traffic and are harder to find than the main sub and other than the the recruit subreddit most folded relatively quickly due to lack of activity.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by zaggeek View Post
    You'd be welcome to start your own subreddit but I'll warn you there have been any number of niche subreddits for clash over the years including ones just for memes, base building, videos, etc.

Frankly they just don't get as much traffic and are harder to find than the main sub and other than the the recruit subreddit most folded relatively quickly due to lack of activity.
    Iíd be fine with a small group of people just from this forum and closed to anyone else. I will very much miss the conversations here.

I thought I will add a response to the thread as I am also unhappy about the news that the forum will be discontinued. I've read so many responses of forumers like me and I feel the community here. I will miss this platform. I was not logging in all the time but I open the forum every day and I read the posts. It is a great way to stay connected and I will miss it like all of you. I guess it is fair to say 'you don't appreciate enough what you have until you lose it'.

Thank you all for being part of this community. It is appreciated.

Cheers
    Hank

Quote Originally Posted by zaggeek View Post

personally i think this would be the best solution given the current circs...at least reddit still has the potential for "conversation" that can be picked up and dropped dependent upon time/rl etc

discord doesn't afford that slower pace...imo, anyways.

i might come to you i'd personally prefer not to do it being honest...i'm burned out from that kinda stuff (starting up groups for others etc) but maybe a few here would consider it...

i HONESTLY think the potential to have something on reddit is going to be the next best option.
    Last edited by udderly; May 5th, 2021 at 07:57 PM.

This is so upsetting me right now.
    Forums was only place where i could express myself freely and get noticed.
    Reading threads and learn many things from it.
    This is really very sad news.
    God idk i won't be so excited for any announcements anymore. Forum was first place i would look forward to.
    Ik it'll be still here for read-only but I'm not the only one who's having mutual feeling
    Leader of LVL15 Clan HEROES - #LQ0G8YR9
    Recruiting Th12+ players for CWL/wars.
    My Profile: https://www.clashofstats.com/players/9GUG2PG22/summary (main)

Get rid of in-game global, get rid of the Forums/Clan Talk...good thing that in-game recruitment tool has been buffed...

And wow.

Darn.

I dislike what the forums have become, the old days of posts exploding all over the place in discussion is certainly long gone; when I find an old thread I see names of forum souls that disappeared long ago. It is sad to me.

It is like the closing of malls. While they are useful and handy, too many people shop in other places now. And clash chat is being done in other places apparently, so this mall of mature and occasionally really fun wit and chat is shutting down.

Darn.

I lurked for a long while before I started an account. Felt weird posting back in my high school days.

Anyone that knows my game knows I am (was) a global diehard and most of my forum posts were me chatting about global or else ranting about clans being too easy to create. I sure enjoyed those chats, even as some wise folks disagreed.

I see global now like some might see an ex, I know he is gone but I sure want him back. (metaphor only, I DO NOT want any ex back. ugghhhhhh)

But now forums, which oddly I just started to come back to, is leaving as well?

As sad as this is, I will miss some of you. I always thought you would be here . I will miss the familiar names, the familiar peeves, and the familiar responses that came from many posts.

I tried discord last week? Week before? I had no idea what was going on. I use discord for other things, but the clash one was very confusing to me. Reddit is fun, but it isn't really interactive like this place. Seems more like karma is linked to the ability to insult best.

So, I sit here at my desk, winding down my day, and knowing I will miss the heck out of some of you that I know only by a silly forum name. In a seemingly useless part of my life I enjoyed, the clash community was a part of my world that allowed me to be someone else for a while: a mouthy war goddess that could pretty much three star any town hall at least two lower than me and had no cc troops.

Thanks for the time!
    Last edited by Cilakila; May 5th, 2021 at 08:22 PM.
    Ending threads one comment at a time.

Millennial Club
    I don't use reddit or twitter. Only use discord for clan related stuff and only log on once or twice a day.

Looks like I'll have to follow along on fb for news until they decide to shut that down too.

R.I.P. forums.
    Last edited by joemann8478; May 5th, 2021 at 08:41 PM.