Page 58 of 86 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

Humming "The Soft Goodbye" Please see my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by shepherdgirl View Post
    ...It has it's pros and cons. Pros = all threads within the same section (I can’t remember the last time I looked at anything other than general and infrequently clan wars here). Cons = all threads within the same section . If there was just a way to edit out the humor and personal achievement flairs I’d like it more, but am pretty quickly training myself to scroll past anything with an image in it...
    Reddit offers three views: Card, Classic, and Compact. On my PC, I've chosen Compact view and just see the thread titles instead of images or thumbnails of images. I only see them when I open the thread.
    Dedicating "The Soft Goodbye" to the Supercell forums and the people who made it an awesome community, the brightest star in the evening sky.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDVgb4pJMdI

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    Reddit offers three views: Card, Classic, and Compact. On my PC, I've chosen Compact view and just see the thread titles instead of images or thumbnails of images. I only see them when I open the thread.
    Oh! Thank you for that!

Just went in and saw that drop down now — I hadn’t seen classic or compact before, and had just been using the default (card). I like classic for the browser, and yes compact will be better for the phone. Thx Lynn.

Humming "The Soft Goodbye" Please see my signature.
    Oh! Thank you for that!

Just went in and saw that drop down now — I hadn’t seen classic or compact before, and had just been using the default (card). I like classic for the browser, and yes compact will be better for the phone. Thx Lynn.
    You're welcome, shepherdgirl.

I’ve been on Reddit for about a week, trying to give it a chance, and it’s growing on me.

So far am just using the browser, and have two links saved on my favourites tab for quick launch. The first is /new which shows all threads, most recent first. And the second is /comments which shows the most recent comments (vs threads)...
    I know how to sort the threads. How do you sort by most recent comments? Thank you.
    Dedicating "The Soft Goodbye" to the Supercell forums and the people who made it an awesome community, the brightest star in the evening sky.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDVgb4pJMdI

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    You're welcome, shepherdgirl.

I know how to sort the threads. How do you sort by most recent comments? Thank you.
    As far as I can tell from google, the only way to do so is with the actual address.

The subreddit is https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashOfClans/. The 'new' button essentially makes that link as https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashOfClans/new/.

There’s no easy button for comments, but saving the link as https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashOfClans/comments/ does it. So I saved each link to my favourites bar for now.

If there was just a way to edit out the humor and personal achievement flairs I’d like it more, but am pretty quickly training myself to scroll past anything with an image in it.
    Hi!

Reddit has two interfaces available. New Reddit and Old Reddit. Old Reddit is accessible via old.reddit.com or by switching to it in your account preferences. Filters aren’t yet possible on New Reddit, but we have them set up on Old Reddit for this exact purpose. They can be found on the sidebar on old.reddit.com/r/clashofclans (the Desktop version):

Also, I’m biased towards Old Reddit lol.

Millennial Club
    I will miss these forums very much. Like many others in this thread, I haven't posted much in the last few years... but I read the forums every day as a lurker (without logging in). While the overall numbers are low compared to social media, these forums are one of a kind for game knowledge and passionate players.

I am surprised something like https://www.discourse.org/ isn't an option... Seems like it would avoid some of the pitfalls and contractor costs that Darian mentioned as downsides.

Either way, a core group of clashers will be missing out when these forums are gone. I am sure clash will go on, but not sure it will ever be the same for many of us. I will try discord and reddit... but my hopes are not high.
    Last edited by JediRisen; May 11th, 2021 at 03:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSk View Post
    Reddit does have its tools and certainly serves its purpose. There is a reason why it is so popular.

However, it is in no way a replacement for forums, neither is discord. They both do not provide the functionality a forum can give (which works both ways: forums lack functionality that are strong in reddit and/or discord).

Discord does have one strong point: Posts can be deleted by an admin, but no one can just edit out the parts they do not like
    Discord is weird. Sometimes it gets overcomplicated but if used in moderation can be good. I prefer reddit interface 1000 time more than discord's.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #578
    Quote Originally Posted by JediRisen View Post
    I will miss these forums very much. Like many others in this thread, I haven't posted much in the last few years... but I read the forums every day as a lurker (without logging in). While the overall numbers are low compared to social media, these forums are one of a kind for game knowledge and passionate players.

I am surprised something like https://www.discourse.org/ isn't an option... Seems like it would avoid some of the pitfalls and contractor costs that Darian mentioned as downsides.

Either way, a core group of clashers will be missing out when these forums are gone. I am sure clash will go on, but not sure it will ever be the same for many of us. I will try discord and reddit... but my hopes are not high.
    I've been trying both out the last few days.

For me, I think Reddit is better, though I still don't think it will ever meet my preferences as well as the forums.

Wow, Selffulfilling Prophecy

So the reason for closing is the drop in participation,

however

this drop is due to change of politics

because

before the forums was THE place where pre update information was shared, now it‘s only a place where it is shared and not a second earlier than else where, and sometimes even later than elsewhere or not even at all.

This was the least toxic enviroment?

Well good luck with social media, which I do not like, and is currently at the centre of world wide attention because of it‘s toxicity. And the next big uproar will come when FB and co will start to felx their muscles more on censorship.

Really I must say I have seen this coming, but am really disappointed.

Could be game over for me. :sad:

Have Fun
    Stay Healthy

TS

near max TH14 ... lvl 244 ...
    75 ... 80 ... 55 ... 30
    2014 Review-Video , Free download, printable stats booklet .
    Poem, Journey to full Lavas Video

I just think its a way to win money, at the end of the day.

Just throw it on the other forums, let them deal with it looks like.