Page 61 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Piemanlikespie View Post
    Can you please make an official Clash of Clans subreddit?
    Pretty sure if that was something they wanted to do, it would have been done already.
    Level: 266 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 220

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    Pretty sure if that was something they wanted to do, it would have been done already.
    Not really. There are is one thing that clash wants to do that they can't do due to a problem that can't be solved.

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    That would be against the rules of Reddit, so I highly doubt it...
    Now we can't show our ideas to the game devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Piemanlikespie View Post
    Now we can't show our ideas to the game devs.
    ... that, and a lot more ....

This is a bad decision in my opinion, and its okay if everyone else's opinions wary.

We need a formal, official, moderated platform for constructive decisions, I have myself learnt a lot over the years by simply reading the forums.

You open up the comments section on a facebook post about a sneak peek, and top comments are all about bringing Global chat back and having new country flags - no disrespect to those having those demands, but it is certainly off topic for that particular post, and you can't even imagine having a good feedback system through those.

Hope this cost cutting decision makes sense for Supercell in terms of its estimate of revenue loss through any reduction of interest in the game.
    IGN: czar, TH:14, BH:9
    exp: 240 ,War stars: 3,000+, Donations: 600,000+

Humming "The Soft Goodbye" Please see my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    I had hopes that a newly started server on Discord would at least be "somewhere" we could go and discuss things, but it's just your typical silly, emoji filled conversations I've seen in other servers there for years. What's even more disappointing to me are the forumers I've previously respected from this SC forum showing their true personalities there given the (far less) moderation. Really sad.
    Thank you Tahoe for sharing the above insight. I was wondering how the tone of Discord compares to the forum's. It's indeed a revelation for you to observe how forumites respond in a less moderated environment.

Kudos to them for not trying to conceal their true personalities so we may make an accurate assessment of Discord. I won't be a good fit because I prefer to communicate with words and sentences instead of emojis.
    Dedicating "The Soft Goodbye" to the Supercell forums and the people who made it an awesome community, the brightest star in the evening sky.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDVgb4pJMdI

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    I had hopes that a newly started server on Discord would at least be "somewhere" we could go and discuss things, but it's just your typical silly, emoji filled conversations I've seen in other servers there for years. What's even more disappointing to me are the forumers I've previously respected from this SC forum showing their true personalities there given the (far less) moderation. Really sad.

This.

sometimes, it's good to get to know people only up to a certain point. i know many have made friends here, across the forums, i have too...but ...discord is just...meh...imo...by this i mean, i've rarely seen gravitas there.
    i'm not saying that the forums are/were a fantabulous place that didn't have its share of potato-heads!

but, and here i speak of HD forums because that's the only place i used to post, love em or loath em...the mods kept the baser sides of many in check. i didn't always agree with the moderation but having seen what's out there on other platforms, fb and discord especially, it kinda puts things into perspective.

reddit appears, so far, to be moderated quite well given their more relaxed style but i'm probably saying that because, to me, reddit has become the best of a bad bunch. still learning how to navigate it however as they say, where there's a will there's a way
    Last edited by udderly; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:22 PM. Reason: made no sense

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #608
    Quote Originally Posted by CzarH View Post
    This is a bad decision in my opinion, and its okay if everyone else's opinions wary.

We need a formal, official, moderated platform for constructive decisions, I have myself learnt a lot over the years by simply reading the forums.

You open up the comments section on a facebook post about a sneak peek, and top comments are all about bringing Global chat back and having new country flags - no disrespect to those having those demands, but it is certainly off topic for that particular post, and you can't even imagine having a good feedback system through those.

Hope this cost cutting decision makes sense for Supercell in terms of its estimate of revenue loss through any reduction of interest in the game.
    Much as I strongly dislike the fact the forums are going, we have to face up to the fact that such a tiny proportion of players use them that their removal will make no noticeable difference to the overall interest in the game.

So from that POV, it does make sense to Supercell

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    Thank you Tahoe for sharing the above insight. I was wondering how the tone of Discord compares to the forum's. It's indeed a revelation for you to observe how forumites respond in a less moderated environment.

Kudos to them for not trying to conceal their true personalities so we may make an accurate assessment of Discord. I won't be a good fit because I prefer to communicate with words and sentences instead of emojis.
    I said three things in the discord room; think it was "this is not at all like global" and "I dunno if I like this" then "nope, not my thing". I did see your name in there somewhere, or maybe it was reddit?

I tried. Will try again. Probably.
    Ending threads one comment at a time.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Much as I strongly dislike the fact the forums are going, we have to face up to the fact that such a tiny proportion of players use them that their removal will make no noticeable difference to the overall interest in the game.

So from that POV, it does make sense to Supercell
    I believe that a great number of the most loyal customers of Supercell games use this forum. So your saying means that Supercell thinks also their impact in the game on other players must be negligible as ”their removal will make no noticeable difference to the overall interest in the game”.