Page 25 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

For me, I donít like to chat. I donít like instant messaging. I donít need fast answers. I donít like clutter like ďlolĒ, ďbroĒ, etc and emoji runs. Here, it feels like the clutter and carp is filtered out by the system, the rules and the moderators

the forum let me do things at my pace. I could think out a question, prepare a response, save drafts, edit, edit, edit.

I also had a place to store helpful threads and the search option was sometimes helpful

Pro Member
    No wonder there are so many Archers, the Queen spends most of her time on her back.
    Sad times

Sad day

It was bound to happen from the moment Holps stepped away. I rue day that outlaw unbuckled his gun-belt and rode off into the sunset looking for the gold in them there hills.

RIP the dream.

Adapt, appreciate, and own up to what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by jammer0816 View Post
    so where/how do we report bugs and see other information then?
    I wonder how many of the people who came here to post a bug/problem, got the solution, and never returned are still playing the game because they had their question answered? And, how many now in the future will just quit because they don't get their question answered by the support bot? I suspect in the end the answer is not enough to impact the numbers in a game with millions of players, but it brings to mind the starfish story where the boy walking on the beach rescues a starfish and throws it back into the sea. His father says it makes no difference, there are millions. The boy says, it made a difference to that one.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    When i first joined the forums it was from a direct link on the in game settings tab, have not seen it for years. Now that i think about it, thats when the forum started to drop off in users after it was removed.
    Exactly this, there was always a forum button, to send you directly to the forum in game, it was brought back for a few months a while ago, but then removed again, then you wonder why people dont join?

Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    When i first joined the forums it was from a direct link on the in game settings tab, have not seen it for years. Now that i think about it, thats when the forum started to drop off in users after it was removed.
    I’m pretty sure the forum button was removed in the update when they added the community tab (ironically). That was somewhere around the end of 2019.
    Last edited by toofinedog; May 4th, 2021 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    I’m pretty sure the forum button was removed in the update when they added the community tab (ironically). That was somewhere around the end of 2019.
    Probably right, but I remember it come back but only for a short time, i was pleased at the time, but then quickly saddened that it was removed, im still a little annoyed that even a few hundred people posting daily isn’t enough to keep this going, thats 200 people playing the game, or 200 people interested in the game, this goes to show that supercell the company are not interested in people but just the £ sign.

and for security reasons, i don’t remember adding any personal info when i set up my forum account, certainly no payment info, im sure it was just a email account
    Last edited by nerrad2; May 4th, 2021 at 08:31 PM.

I feel like I'm going through the stages of grief as I respond to the news of these forums closing.

Currently I'm in the anger stage! The shock and denial has started to wear off.

I'm angry that SC is about to take away what has become my favourite part of this game. I'm angry that I've supported a company financially which doesn't value it's players. I'm angry at that this place was overpoliced which pushed away players in droves. I'm angry that a game I've put so much time and energy into over the last large number of years is about to come to an end for me. I'm angry that I won't have a chance to have in-depth discussions with people who are as passionate about this game as I was and ultimately just really good people. I'm angry at the people who find garbage like social media sites and reddit as useful places or engaging places.

I'm just flat out angry. This sucks. I will miss the discussions and the people here and I will miss the game. I will miss the forums. I saw this coming, but it doesn't change the idea that I'm angry that there were a lot of people who had the power to do something about it who instead buried their head in the sand and ignored the writing on the wall.

I'm angry
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    I feel like I'm going through the stages of grief as I respond to the news of these forums closing.

Currently I'm in the anger stage! The shock and denial has started to wear off.

I'm angry that SC is about to take away what has become my favourite part of this game. I'm angry that I've supported a company financially which doesn't value it's players. I'm angry at that this place was overpoliced which pushed away players in droves. I'm angry that a game I've put so much time and energy into over the last large number of years is about to come to an end for me. I'm angry that I won't have a chance to have in-depth discussions with people who are as passionate about this game as I was and ultimately just really good people. I'm angry at the people who find garbage like social media sites and reddit as useful places or engaging places.

I'm just flat out angry. This sucks. I will miss the discussions and the people here and I will miss the game. I will miss the forums. I saw this coming, but it doesn't change the idea that I'm angry that there were a lot of people who had the power to do something about it who instead buried their head in the sand and ignored the writing on the wall.

I'm angry
    I hear you bud, im angry too, as far as im concerned this forum is part of the game, neither works without each other

Quote Originally Posted by nerrad2 View Post
    Probably right, but I remember it come back but only for a short time, i was pleased at the time, but then quickly saddened that it was removed,
    I remember the discussion at the time, there was a big "hurrah" from the forums, followed a short while later with a "where did it go"

im still a little annoyed that even a few hundred people posting daily isnít enough to keep this going, thats 200 people playing the game, or 200 people interested in the game, this goes to show that supercell the company are not interested in people but just the £ sign.
    Being based in Finland, I'd say it's the Ä sign

and for security reasons, i donít remember adding any personal info when i set up my forum account, certainly no payment info, im sure it was just a email account
    I think what they are referring to is GDPR laws. An email address is considered personally identifiable information (PII), and under these laws, you the consumer have the right to request any personal data they have on you, as well as have it deleted. This requires manpower, even if it's to build a semi-automated way to do this.

It's unfortunate there's not enough of us to provide enough of an ROI to keep this running.