Page 48 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    . And you have tried to keep the Forum going, but still is not viable, and so you decide to shut it down.
    SC has not tried to keep the Forum going, they removed the link in game the best source to pull in more people to the Forum, that in itself was huge

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebeeee View Post
    most of the daily posters IMHO are part of the bully/mob mentality that cause the newer players to stay away.
    I wouldn’t say most, but I do agree that this is a big problem and something I think could’ve been handled better, it doesn’t happen to just new players, I’ve had it happen to me quite a few times whereby somebody who thinks they know more than I do about the game will chastise my opinion because they feel it is wrong
    but I will tell you that in Reddit and Discord it will be even worse as there is not a lot of policing done to keep the “git gud” boyz under control

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebeeee View Post
    I for one wont miss the forums at all, most of the daily posters IMHO are part of the bully/mob mentality that cause the newer players to stay away. far to often (do some serious soul searching on this one) a new poster would ask questions or make comments and the very first few lines are something similar to " learn to search for a thread.
    I smirked.

There was a guy that ran up HUNDREDS of posts soon after I first actually started posting... dozens of them a day. Almost all of them were "WRONG FORUM" or "THIS HAS BEEN COVERED ALREADY". I sent a few messages in apology to people because he was so dismissive. He got up over a thousand posts, then disappeared. No memory what his name was, I never remember clash names, clash attacks, or clash anything. Short term memory for all things gaming for some reason.

I suppose I was unintentionally guilty of it too - but not to squash debate but to get it going. But I jumped all over threads about starting clans because I loved the game and the discussion of it. Sure hope I never offended anyone.

But a lot of it was the old guard being protective of the games and the forums they love. Or in many cases, loved, as many have fallen away from retirement or bans. When you are passionate and post a lot, you do increase the chance of offense.

I always thought the mods did well to keep things straight, only ever had a minor beef with one and it was VERY trivial, but the job of dealing with passionate people and having, by job requirement, to censor stuff they probably wanted to discuss themselves would not be easy. Because there were some things (and are) that game wise SHOULD have been discussed and allowed.
    Last edited by Cilakila; May 7th, 2021 at 01:30 PM.
    Ending threads one comment at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Filbert View Post
    It is ironic that the success of Clash has led to the demise of the Forum. Ever since the disastrous rollout of Town Hall 11, Clash has rebounded. Modding programs were beaten, engineered bases were defeated, Legend League clouds were defeated, Clan War Leagues was successfully implemented, the Gold Pass was a great success, multiple attack strategies exist at every level to name just some. Updates have been regular and predictable. In other words, most things work well.

Add to that, a responsive Community manager in Darian, and there is just less to post. Sadly, none of the alternatives promote a serious discussion about the game. To compare the forum to any of them is like comparing apples and doughnuts. When things go wrong, there will no longer be a platform to resolve issues. I think Supercell is making a big mistake.
    I think this is a really good point. It is too late, SC isn't going to change their mind, but I think SC should not have evaluated it based on the number of daily active users. SC should have evaluated it based on the overall value it brings over the long term. There are a lot of people that come here to read, not post. There are a lot of people that come here to get a question answered that never come back, so it is an extension of player support. There are a lot of bugs that have been reported to SC over the years through this forum and closing it will cause that to be lost. There are a lot of good ideas that have come from this forum that have made it into the game and closing it will take away one of the sources of those ideas. And, as you say here, one of the most important times for the forum is when something huge happens, good or bad, so players have a place to come and discuss and learn and maybe SC learns something as well. Will that happen again this year or next? Who knows, but it would have been nice to have the forums here if/when it does.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSk View Post
    Other platforms are not taking over. Other platforms are more important to them, but they have a completely different function.

It is like taking away someones car, and then say: well you have a fridge and an oven, use those. Both are nice appliances, but will not get you from a to b.
    I agree. The other platforms are taking over only for the sending out of information from SC to players. They aren't taking over for the discussion that takes place in the forums. That is just going to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    So if for example you are an owner of Gaming Company, and you have to made the same decision, whether to spend more effort to keep the forum going for few hundreds people (incur more cost, promote the forum, as what you said), or you can choose the easier, cheaper way which is to close the forum. And you have tried to keep the Forum going, but still is not viable, and so you decide to shut it down. Are you the one to be blame? Or shouldn't you have the right to do what you think is right for your Company?
    I think you have to step back and first consider what the company did or did not do which contributed to the forums not being "viable." SC certainly contributed to it. Next I think you have to also consider value beyond just the number of daily active users, as discussed above.

In the end, I do understand why SC doesn't want to spend the money (it is money, period, because they can hire people to do the work) to keep the forums going, but I also think SC contributed to the decline of the forums which got it to the point where it is no longer worth spending the money that would be necessary to transition to a new platform and keep it going.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

So the only active interaction of community with the official team will be AMA on reddit and that's it?

Tollboothwillie
    Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    So the only active interaction of community with the official team will be AMA on reddit and that's it?
    If those even continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    If those even continue.
    So no option then? That's a nice way to go.

Twitter is, darian pretty active there
    You really want some bread? Then go ahead create a set of goals
and cross em off your list as you pursue em

Usnavi

Quote Originally Posted by Minley View Post
    Twitter is, darian pretty active there
    Isn't CoC's Twitter account more like 'We did an announcement and now you're on your own while we post a meme for the time being'?

Quote Originally Posted by chilepepper101 View Post
    This is.... just very very sad. i read this while in spanish class and i actually started to choke up. i have been here for barely 2 years... now its about to be gone.

i had my bike stolen, nearly lost my mrbeast sweater, had a super embarrassing moment, and now this... all in one week!

darian, as the forum belongs to you, i have no right to tell you not to close the forums, but can i make a request for you to tell us at least a couple of the factores why its closing? i understand in part it has to do with decreasing activity, but surely there were other factors, right?
    The “factor” is that it saves them time and money and removing this forum with its current activity has little to no negative affect.