Page 42 of 90 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Ah, but according to some on Reddit, we just delete all the posts that are against the game, so how could there be bad publicity
    I suggest that you just ignore some of the more hateful comments there. Some reddit users are quite vocal about their negative forum experiences, and I think they generalize what happens here. Some do give valid criticisms, so you'll have to determine which ones to listen to.

The comment you replied to just seems like an over generalization of why the forum is closing, and I'm quite sure Darian has explained some of the many actual reasons why it is.

nice post George, and bang on

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    George, maybe those posts need more downvotes from the people there for serious discussion.
    this would be a complete waste of time, trying to have a civil conversation with a ďbroĒ kid is frivolous, was a reason many avoided global and one of the reasons for itís eventual demise

I have read a lot of the replies here, but I haven't absorbed all the details due to the high number of comments. Is there actually a proper "What's next" besides the archiving and eventual close of this site?

A lot of good points have been brought up, I hope that a solution that is acceptable to the active forum members be done.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    This is not a situation isolated to just Supercell forums. Forums that belong to official game companies are down globally. Admittedly, they are a relic of the early 2000's and are incredibly old fashioned.

And yes, I agree it's not a great situation. But as a studio we also have to look at where we can make the biggest impact in our communities, as in plural. The forums are the smallest community across all our platforms. The Clash Discord server alone has over 100K members. Our other platforms have millions of followers. Now compare that to just a few HUNDRED on the forums. No matter how you slice it, there is no winning situation here. And yes, I'm with you that it sucks.
    No prob, we'll just move our discussions over to General Chat ;-p

Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    this would be a complete waste of time, trying to have a civil conversation with a “bro” kid is frivolous, was a reason many avoided global and one of the reasons for it’s eventual demise

There are some proper and civilized discussions in reddit (I think so), it's just rare and hard to find if the post isn't pinned. Unless there's a setting here in forums that notifies a user if someone replies to his post/comment, reddit can be convenient if you do find or start a discussion because of the notifications.
    Last edited by Dis27; May 6th, 2021 at 03:30 PM.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Minley View Post
    4) be the change

I am preparing a discord server with fezzerz, open soon, discord is not EVIL, where you venture off is what you find. but tiktok is EVIL
    I see many-to-many comms along 2 axes:
    1- real-time vs async. Discord is real-time, forums are async. In RT, you get a lot of brainfarts, reaction posts, emotions... see: Twitter. Also, they draw a younger crowd.
    2- moderated vs unmodded. Anything unmodded quickly rots, and the best places are the ones where the actual creators participate (for me, ArsTechnica.com 's and Minimachines.net 's forums, alas this forum not so much).

So, Discord ? Not for discussion. Not for reference.

I guess the "community" part of the game is now fully dead: no chat and no forum. What's a game w/o a community ?
    Last edited by obarthelemy; May 6th, 2021 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    We'll never really know whether more promotion would have made enough difference. I rather doubt it TBH, but it is possible.

All that paragraph says is that you just don't know Supercell at all.
    You are correct, I donít know SuperCell, but I do know Tencent.
    Leader of Alberta United #9YQYU0P2. Lv19, 883 fair play wins and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Dis27 View Post
    There are some proper and civilized discussions in reddit (I think so), it's just rare and hard to find if the post isn't pinned. Unless there's a setting here in forums that notifies a user if someone replies to his post/comment, reddit can be convenient if you do find or start a discussion because of the notifications.
    That’s something I like. I’m using the native Reddit app (though I’ve read Apollo for Reddit is more intuitive), and while I don’t have notifications turned on for the app, when I go into the app, it still shows all my replies. Carrying on a conversation is super easy.

I think subscribing to a thread does that here, but I’ve never tried it. I have preferred to manually browse the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    this would be a complete waste of time, trying to have a civil conversation with a “bro” kid is frivolous, was a reason many avoided global and one of the reasons for it’s eventual demise
    I understand that sentiment if you’re relating the subreddit discord global chat channel to in-game global, but on the subreddit itself, per the rules they don’t allow low quality posts like “lol bro”, and if they were made, they should virtually disappear after a few downvotes.
    Last edited by toofinedog; May 6th, 2021 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dis27 View Post
    I don’t doubt what you’re saying, I’m sure there is the odd one here and there in Reddit, the problem is a lot of people are not going to waste time sifting through all the garbage to initially find them. This Forum based platform, may be archaic, but it is better suited for such discussions.

Put the link back in the game, use the Forum as the single source of firsthand sneak peeks, updates etc and advertise it in game, you can get the youtubers to advertise it as well, and lots of people will sign on and use it.

Point is, it could be done if you want it to be. If you don’t, then don’t, lose the few who won’t go play in the other playgrounds.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dayone View Post
    You are correct, I donít know SuperCell, but I do know Tencent.
    I agree and disagree with you.
    Tencent according to Google has more than 50% of Supercell. They could definitely force SC for certain things but considering the fact that SC hasn't implemented any unethical cashgrab practises like other tencent games, it's better to say that the reason stated by Darian is true.
    Last edited by Montapegenesis; May 6th, 2021 at 04:11 PM.