Page 27 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

Are the mods going to retain their perks after the forums close? Invites to Supercell HQ, access to the dev build pre-update?
    Last edited by toofinedog; May 5th, 2021 at 04:01 AM.

Belgium, a beautiful town. Here, you can find the best Fries, chocolate, beer and waffles ever!
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Are the mods going to retain their perks after the forums close? Invites to Supercell HQ, access to the dev build pre-update?
    I hope so, after years of volunteering.

This is sad. The game is will be next.

You Darian, have a obligation to keep the game going. Do something about our last line of defense, donít throw in the towel.

You are our voice.

The forum activity is down because nothing has been added in years. And Iím not talking about upgrades.

To keep a game going is pretty simple, you have to reinvent yourself with the times. Take a look at how other mobile games are successful currently. In many other games Iíve picked up recently, there are rotating game modes that are added.

Clash is still stuck in early 2010s... no new mode since clan wars. Ive been requesting new modes for years.

Or just let it expire in itís slumber. This is the last bastion. Time will tell what you decided on this day.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    I understand the reasoning but hate it. Reddit is a mess. Discord isn't user friendly - at least me friendly. I haven't found either to be as effective for recruiting as the forums. The biggest loss though will be the community. I will miss the many friends I've made here even though we have never met in the real world. End of an era.
    Agree.

I haven't worked out Reddit. Is there a user guide for starting up?

Discord? Tried that, too crazy.

Will miss you too Piper.

So in 2018 there were 250k and I can consider atleast 75k on clash of clans sub-forum post each day? How forumites even track those post and mods do their work?

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    As soon as I saw the thread title I knew what the news was gonna be. Had a feeling it was coming sooner than later. And I just hit my 5 year mark on the forums. Originally signed up for the forums to post ideas to the Boom Beach forum but quit playing that game about 3 years ago and have been involved with the COC forum ever since. Unfortunately I don't see myself switching to any of the other platforms as they just don't hold a candle to the forums. So thank you everyone that has made the forums such a welcoming community. And thank you to the mods and supercell staff for keeping this place running as long as it has, but understandably all good things come to an end.

Edit: with the closing of the forums I feel like I'll soon lose interest in the game too. I've slowly become less and less active over the past 2 years. Being part of a community centered around a video game kept me motivated to keep playing, but I feel I'm going to lose that motivation now. There's no good substitute for this forum. I deleted facebook and twitter years ago and am not going back, and I just checked out reddit and discord and don't like either of them. Reddit is super confusing, and the chat channels on discord are mostly full of nonsensical posts. I feel like the forums are the only place to get quality and civil discussions.
    I have no interest in pursuing CoC on Facebook, Twitter or Discord. For Reddit, I have seen positive comments, but it is confusing. I find Reddit information via google, but navigating within Reddit is not apparent.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Exactly. People won't have a good place to go to find information about things they experience or see ... people will lose interest due to the gap that will get wider and wider...
    At a simple level, clashofclans.fandom.com provides the information mostly needed to playing right now. That site is not affected is it?

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostentatious View Post
    I don't see why moderator actions needed to be brought up now... if that was what truly killed the forums I would be extremely surprised. Anyway, as I have been reminded, this is not the time to be discussing this.
    Didn't Darian in the OP say it was lack of new accounts posting new threads?

I guess that means that the kids are going to other forums. My testing of discord told me its all kids. Under 25 years, anyway. This place felt like it was the adult place.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by JtB View Post
    Why has Supercell stopped promoting the forums over the years then? You guys promoted other platforms over the years at the expense of this one and you point to those declining numbers like it wasnít to be expected by doing those things.
    That's right. The Game App itself pointed to these forums, fairly prominently under settings / help and support somewhere. Now, it doesn't. No wonder players aren't coming here anymore.

When players used to come first to these forums, and ask for simple things like: a gem mine; lightning protection for storages; or sharing resources between accounts, they would be harshly slapped down as their first response for not having read the many pages of rules. Is that why the app was altered to not direct ideas to the forums?

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Icedtea View Post
    While the graph displayed shows active users, I would assume that not everyone logged in to read. Iím guess traffic and the rise of social media platforms in general made the forums obsolete which I understand. Closing the forums makes logical sense. The company saves money by outsourcing the technology and administration. I only have a few parting thoughts.

1. The forums has been the place to come to for official replies. While other mediums allow posts to reach masses, I felt SC replied mainly on the forums.
    2. Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter are usually filled with less than value added replies, so I am assuming the true discussions and official replies move to Reddit now?
    3. While I am a Reddit user, I read more than I post. Very few of the conversations are value added beyond a laugh. Many of the serious posts never receive an official reply, so when I am curious, I look here.
    4. It might be beneficial to move posts worth archival to Reddit.
    5. I am hoping the communication at least on Reddit is not limited to throwaway press release posts of new content that are filled with redundant and antiquated requests that will never see the light of day.

I truly understand the reasoning, and while it is sad to see the change, I would hope we donít throw out all of the good things the forums provided with that change.

Regards,
    Iced tea
    The developers definitely responded to issues in Ideas and Feature Requests. Is there an equivalent at Reddit? Will there be?