Page 70 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    Darian... You’ve earned respect of many here, including myself, and if you were to say “I have a problem” many here would reply with “how can we help!?” Your work here has been... Irreplaceable for the lack of a better word, and many will remember you for a long time, so don’t sell yourself too short.

I think most of the comments in this thread, including my own, are a simple child’s (please guys and gals, don’t roast me over this), reaction to their favorite toy being taken away. And as any child (my toys are a bit more expensive), I hate to see it go. So I’m going to kick and bite all I can until it no longer makes difference.
    *stomps foot and yells at the cat, then buries head in the pillow for a good cry*

It already doesn't make any difference

Humming "The Soft Goodbye" Please see my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    I appreciate the clarification. Sorry if I sounded defensive. As I said, I've always tried to be as up front and brunt as possible and I take that approach very seriously. So I get a little riled up when I feel someone is accusing me of being obtuse or opaque in any way.

The decision was made collectively by the Community Management team. There weren't any "higher ups" making the call simply because there are no "higher ups" at Supercell. That hierarchical layer simply doesn't exist. Whether it's the game designer, server programmer, community manager, 3D artist, business administrator, or any other position, there is no manager that tells that person how they need to work or what they need to do.

And while every person at Supercell has the responsibility of making decisions at the company, we still have to be able to justify those decisions. As much as we tried to find a viable solution to keep any kind of official forums alive, it simply boiled down to the insane auditing and consultation costs to comply with security regulations for a platform that only a few hundred people use. A platform that is becoming less and less active every day. So no, costs weren't the sole factor but they were a contributing factor when looking at the cost per user. As a game development studio, it would simply be irresponsible if we didn't analyze this issue from a responsibility point of view, regardless of how successful of a studio we may be.
    You've discussed with us in the past about the culture of trust and the culture of independent teams at Supercell. I'm a believer. Perhaps those of us who don't believe you may benefit by witnessing it in action by working at Supercell. Or maybe there are some of us who learn at a different pace so you've followed up 25 times in this thread and presented the same information in the OP in different ways.

I'm feeling deja vu and am reminded of the past discussion about the sunsetting of global chat. Good times.

I know I've poked fun at reddit in the past and I know the platform isn't the same as these forums. But it IS a viable alternative where I've engaged in some pretty good discussions there. I'll be shifting my daily forum activity to reddit with regards to discussions with the community. I've enjoyed doing AMA's there, I will generally post update patch notes, Clan Games rewards, and general information as needed.

I've been already talking with some of the reddit mods on what we can do to improve the subreddit to make official information more readily visible and accessible.

I know going from the forums to reddit can be a tough transition but in the absence of the forums I do feel it's the next best thing in terms of being able to engage directly with the community.
    Reading that you'll shift your daily forum activity to the CoC subreddit is the best news in this thread for me. Clash history will disappear here soon but will continue in the CoC sub.

Believe me, my friend, many a table were flipped out of rage in the office by me. Actually, in all honesty, I was pretty unapproachable by anyone after the decision was made. I don't get angry often, nor do I get stressed at all. But this decision made me both angry and stressed. Angry because I felt it was taking an historical part of Clash history away, and stressed because I understand how much this platform means to all of you.
    LOL, that's one way to christen your new offices. I hope you were flipping and resetting the same table.

I wish there was an official solution we could utilize. I truly do, and I would probably give a kidney, or at least a small toe, to make it happen.
    Darian, since you introduced yourself as the new CoC CM in 2017, you've put your heart into growing the forums with your active presence here. I think even those who don't play CoC have benefited from your posts. It has been a fun ride for me as I learn about the Supercell culture and Finnish culture. And speaking of history, I posted links to some of your best posts in the Official Darian Fan Club located within the Supercell forums. https://forum.supercell.com/group.ph...155&do=discuss

I'd like to suggest some of us copy and paste these gems for posterity before they become inaccessible sometime in August 2021 or sooner.

Kiitos Sensei Darian; Auf wiedersehen; Happy trails to you until we meet again in the CoC sub.
    Last edited by LynnK2015; May 16th, 2021 at 12:52 AM.
    [move] Dedicating "The Soft Goodbye" to the Supercell forums and the people who made it an awesome community, the brightest star in the evening sky.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDVgb4pJMdI [/move]

Never addressed you directly, Darian. Just wanted to say thank you for everything you have given to the Forums, they definitely chose the right guy to represent the company as Community Manager. You candor, humor, and willingness to engage the community shines through.

One of the main reasons I have been coming to the Forums all this time is because of that direct connection to the game team. Whether it’s been for upcoming news or for honest answers how and why things are done as they are, your input has provided legitimacy to the knowledge that I in turn pass on to my friends and clan.

So thank you, just wanted to make sure get some ‘good feels’ along with the various stages of grief comin your way.

-TheClanimals

Greasy. Just greasy.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #695

Quote Originally Posted by FlexyMcRoid View Post
    Greasy. Just greasy.
    I don't know f you intended that to mean anything, but it didn't.

Forum All-Star

Sorry if I sounded defensive.

I get a little riled up when I feel ...
    It’s a nice thing, small staff, minimal management hierarchy. Where I work, public comments have to go through committee, three levels of management, and then published by a trained and qualified spokesperson, resulting in impersonal almost, but not, meaningful statement. That’s if they go through.

You have my respect.

I have found you on Reddit. Is there an easy way to get a notification for when you post?

I can go to https://www.reddit.com/user/Darian_CoC/posts/. You don’t post much? What is a BloodAngel?
    Last edited by George1971; May 16th, 2021 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    What is a BloodAngel?
    Angel = Healer
    Blood = Damage
    A super version of Healer that can also damage/attack!

Banned
    South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    *stomps foot and yells at the cat, then buries head in the pillow for a good cry*

It already doesn't make any difference
    Yeah, it doesn’t, unfortunately...

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #699
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    It’s a nice thing, small staff, minimal management hierarchy. Where I work, public comments have to go through committee, three levels of management, and then published by a trained and qualified spokesperson, resulting in impersonal almost, but not, meaningful statement. That’s if they go through.

You have my respect.

I have found you on Reddit. Is there an easy way to get a notification for when you post?

I can go to https://www.reddit.com/user/Darian_CoC/posts/. You don’t post much? What is a BloodAngel?

My reddit account is my personal one so I use it also for posting my hobby photos; painting miniature tabletop gaming models. Blood Angels are just a faction in the game universe of models I paint.

As far as notifications, when I post on a thread in the CoC subreddit there is a flair added to the subject that says "Supercell Response". That's how you know I've posted there.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Darian I’ve tried Reddit and just can’t get my mind to figure out how it works in any meaningful way.

Therefore I probably won’t see many of your posts anymore, so I just wanted to say thanks. Bringing you on board at supercell in these forums was one of the best decisions SC has made. You really made a huge difference here and improved the trust between the community and SC.

I hope you can continue this at Reddit, even though I won’t be around for it! Good luck and take care. You’re efforts here have been massively appreciated by many!