Page 46 of 90 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important Announcement

If I know you let's keep connected!! Discord: Jeff#7798
    Quote Originally Posted by Be A Legend View Post
    These days, the majority's attention span is very short. And it has translated to how the platforms work:

- Twitter gives you only 240 characers
    - Nobody reads YouTube comments of over 100 words
    - Discord real time chat isn't made for long explanations
    - FaceBook is all the 3 above.

People want quick quick quick (especially for young players) and that is not what the forum has to offer. I think that is the main reason for the enomous decline in forum users. I was very happy that a forum like this existed, but the majority wins, as always.

To say that Supercell is 100% to blame, seems wrong to me. Purely from a multi million $$$ company's standpoint, shutting down the forums is a totally reasonable decision (wether we like it or not). If Supecell decides to close down the forums because there are only 300 active users, then they sure won't adapt to the opinion of those 300 users.

The motto here: "It is what it is".
    Well said

I know I already accepted this in my mind
    but I also know my heart will say otherwise once it's gone.

All good things come to an end ;'(

I still agree the forums is the best way to communicate, regarding problems and even for community absolutely. It's just unfortunate other platforms are taking over.
    Last edited by DragonX101; May 7th, 2021 at 07:10 AM.

Thank you SC forums ❤ and everyone that joined on this ride.
    Farewell.

Trainee
    Closure of the forum.... This is the worst ever decision taken by Supercell. I have been ghosting around here since 2014. Created an account recently just because I had to post invitation for my clan. I bet there must be thousands like me, who just come here to read the discussions, bugs, updates, things that are between lines.... I realize now, that i should have posted and participated in active discussions.
    Other platforms can never replace this forum as serious and deep discussions can be going only on this type of platform (I wonder how would i search an old topic on FB or Reddit). Supercell's decision makers must give it a second thought.

P.S. - Great Job Darian!!! Hats off...
    Join "Brutal Rising" #2VPR2VJL
    490 War victories.

Quote Originally Posted by Be A Legend View Post
    These days, the majority's attention span is very short. And it has translated to how the platforms work:

- Twitter gives you only 240 characers
    - Nobody reads YouTube comments of over 100 words
    - Discord real time chat isn't made for long explanations
    - FaceBook is all the 3 above.

People want quick quick quick (especially for young players) and that is not what the forum has to offer. I think that is the main reason for the enomous decline in forum users. I was very happy that a forum like this existed, but the majority wins, as always.

To say that Supercell is 100% to blame, seems wrong to me. Purely from a multi million $$$ company's standpoint, shutting down the forums is a totally reasonable decision (wether we like it or not). If Supecell decides to close down the forums because there are only 300 active users, then they sure won't adapt to the opinion of those 300 users.

The motto here: "It is what it is".
    Twitter and Facebook are mostly outlets for them to advertise, and to publish news. Both are no platforms to discuss. Youtube also is mostly a showcase, no one is interested in the comments.

Discord is no official Supercell channel, and at best replaces global. Can be fun, but no platform to discuss.

That leaves us with the forum for discussions and input of users. 300 active ones, around 6-7000 readers in total. Not many, I agree, but I would think quite valuable. Especially since the active ones are the ones promoting the game, trying to help improving the game etc.

So is Supercell to blame? Well yes, but I doubt they care if we blame them. They could have promoted this place, they could have listened to us more, heck they could even have asked us if we had any ideas. But let's face it: removing the forums is easier, cheaper, and silences those pesky people with strong opinions.

It is what it is indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonX101 View Post

I still agree the forums is the best way to communicate, regarding problems and even for community absolutely. It's just unfortunate other platforms are taking over.
    Other platforms are not taking over. Other platforms are more important to them, but they have a completely different function.

It is like taking away someones car, and then say: well you have a fridge and an oven, use those. Both are nice appliances, but will not get you from a to b.

ClasherAK47
    Quote Originally Posted by Minley View Post
    maybe to add discord there, there's r/coc discord
    Of course add that (sarcasm font off)

that's part of the problem that's got us here in the first place. Why link to forums is not there is what you should be asking

Quote Originally Posted by LordSk View Post
    Other platforms are not taking over. Other platforms are more important to them, but they have a completely different function.

It is like taking away someones car, and then say: well you have a fridge and an oven, use those. Both are nice appliances, but will not get you from a to b.
    Good point, can agree other platforms can't do what the forums do best

Thank you SC forums ❤ and everyone that joined on this ride.
    Farewell.

Imo forums could remain as a read only where SC posts news and etc. Easier to track then Twitter imo
    You really want some bread? Then go ahead create a set of goals
and cross em off your list as you pursue em

Usnavi

Quote Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
    Think you google the definition of "forum". What you are describing is a blog.
    A blog is better than a nonexistent forum. I don't want my precious forum and all the messages togo away
    Last edited by Minley; May 7th, 2021 at 10:01 AM.
    You really want some bread? Then go ahead create a set of goals
and cross em off your list as you pursue em

Usnavi

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #459

Quote Originally Posted by Minley View Post
    Imo forums could remain as a read only where SC posts news and etc. Easier to track then Twitter imo
    No, they can't.

That would still have all the security risks that would go with continuing the forums in their present form.

Forums were so good...for discussion n I really started to like more now... visiting daily for new interesting topics....

But everything comes to an end....

Gonna miss forums😪😪