Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan leveling up from level 10 has no advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by chased123456 View Post
    I dont remember this nerf. The one you described works more as a buff since in most cases equal ths can now donated their limited max to each other which is better than what it used to be.
    You're correct, there was no nerf of clan perks. The upgrade on donation still exists. Whether someone can hold the upgraded/max troop in their cc is a different issue.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    You're correct, there was no nerf of clan perks. The upgrade on donation still exists. Whether someone can hold the upgraded/max troop in their cc is a different issue.
    Technically you are correct. The change effectively reduces my max troops and prevents donations of others. As someone that's into donations and giving the best it's crimping my style!

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Kind of a misquote there. I said that if we plan to do perks for higher level Clans, we need to make sure that the advantages aren't so big that it becomes impossible for lower level Clans to compete, causing them to potentially dry up. Additionally, cosmetics are just one thing we've looked at but we haven't come to a decision yet as we haven't made it a top priority at the moment.
    Thank you for the correction.

weird how youd say youd go back to a low level clan just to be incentivized to get perks. because im personally incentivized to never be in a clan with no perks, wanna trade clans?

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMotator View Post
    They just nerfed clan perks. I thought someone donated less than max troops to CWL CC's so I deleted them. Only to find out that my max troops lost several levels when I donated them. Having max troops or level 10 clan makes no difference. Helping lower level players is not encouraged!
    They actually buffed clan perks.

They have nerfed the troops you can donate, but if yours are maxed, then your donated troops would not have benefited from the perk at all anyhow.

And the change means lower level players in the clan can now donate (with perks), where before they would have been excluded from donating in many clans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    They actually buffed clan perks.

They have nerfed the troops you can donate, but if yours are maxed, then your donated troops would not have benefited from the perk at all anyhow.

And the change means lower level players in the clan can now donate (with perks), where before they would have been excluded from donating in many clans.
    Now this is really the world upside down... trying to sell this as 'buffed clan perks'. No, nothing was 'buffed' in the clan perks.
    By now it's clear what direction the game is headed though. Sad, but true. But no, nothing was 'buffed' in the clan perks. If it weren't so sad, one might laugh at this

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Now this is really the world upside down... trying to sell this as 'buffed clan perks'. No, nothing was 'buffed' in the clan perks.
    There was absolutely certainly nothing "nerfed" in them.

People seem to think that no longer being able to donate max troops is a nerf to the perks, but the perks only ever made any difference there to two lab levels. (When TH13 was max, TH11 troops could gain two levels and TH12 troops could gain 1 level). And both of those still gain that when donating to their own or higher levels. While now, people who could not normally donate at all because everybody wanted max troop will be able to do so.

They are now of use to more people than they were before. That is undeniable.

To me, that means a buff.

Quote Originally Posted by chased123456 View Post
    The difference is you have to upgrade your base to get farther. You can just join a higher level clan instead of building one up. The incentive to make a new clan is gone if the perks are too good at the top levels if you could find a clan at those levels instead.
    i disagree being able to watch a clan grow from the ground up is a huge incentive ive lead and watched my main clan build from 5-6 th9s to now a pretty competitive clan almost level 10 crystal league and id rather that feeling of accomplishment then to just join a clan because of high xp now i have three clans the two babys getting to level 5 and 7 plus i dont think clan xp is all that important other than yes there are some perks but what really matters is who you have at the top donating siege and max level troops if i had 10-15 th12 13 and 14s join a level 1 clan i could have that clan full of high level ths in no time

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMotator View Post
    I see zero buff to donations! I guess if you're stupid enough to be in a clan discourages lower level donations you could see this as a way to not have to donate from higher level accounts.
    I guess I just run things differently. I have no donation ratios. And I insist that my membership requests always. Yes a few take advantage of this, but everyone has gotten use to it. I ask that nobody request max troops except for war. It doesn't take long for new members to start donating if there are no restrictions. Donating is a learned behavior. If you haven't been encouraged when low, you won't donate when high. there are at least 3 members closing in on 1 million donations. And it hasn't seemed to hinder anyone's advancement.
    I think a lot of clans don't have that "only request max for war" rule, and lower level town halls in those clans will have been discouraged from donating.

Now, those players can donate the max receivable to their own or lower halls, while previously they couldn't.

Whether that is a buff is debatable, but it certainly isn't a nerf.

And I know nothing stated here will change anything. But I will miss even you Ajax!
    I will miss most here - including you.

We disagree on a lot, but have been able to have civil discussions about it, which is as it should be IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I think a lot of clans don't have that "only request max for war" rule, and lower level town halls in those clans will have been discouraged from donating.
    If a clan had no rule about what level of troops could be donated for war, why would lower town halls been discouraged from donating?
    Level: 266 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 220