Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan leveling up from level 10 has no advantage.

Clan leveling up from level 10 has no advantage.

Surprisingly my clan has reached level 19 and I say surprisingly because until reaching level 10 there were reasons to do everything possible to raise the level of the clan due to its advantages such as more level of troops donated, being able to donate more etc. but for years there is no motivation in the form of advantage, in my opinion they should review that. Thank you very much.

Millennial Club
    SC has stated that any perks beyond clan level 10 would be cosmetic/aesthetic-like perks. Nothing to give a higher clan an advantage.

"This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper" T S Eliot
    Such as players continually increase their personal XP yet there is no advantage in doing so. Clan XP (for displayed XP Level) as well as Player XP (for displayed XP Levej), both rise for no other purpose than bagging rights. And what I have seen, that motivation alone is enough. Look in the Recruitment threads on these very forums. Players saying "XP xxx", clans saying Level Z clan. If raising those numbers is meaningless without rewards, why are so many doing it today?

If they gave extra perks, I would not complain. But I also see them as unnecessary. Fact is, clans are not disbanding at 10 since there is "no place to go".

Warriors are OP
    Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    SC has stated that any perks beyond clan level 10 would be cosmetic/aesthetic-like perks. Nothing to give a higher clan an advantage.
    Nothing logical here. Infact it will give incetive to lower level clans to reach higher.
    Since SC wants progression in everything including "townhall" as higher halls benefit more from cwl, then why to stop at clan level. Keep on increasing like everything. It should be part of progression. Add more perks and great stuff thats it !

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post

Kind of a misquote there. I said that if we plan to do perks for higher level Clans, we need to make sure that the advantages aren't so big that it becomes impossible for lower level Clans to compete, causing them to potentially dry up. Additionally, cosmetics are just one thing we've looked at but we haven't come to a decision yet as we haven't made it a top priority at the moment.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Quote Originally Posted by ExploringGalaxy View Post
    Nothing logical here. Infact it will give incetive to lower level clans to reach higher.
    Since SC wants progression in everything including "townhall" as higher halls benefit more from cwl, then why to stop at clan level. Keep on increasing like everything. It should be part of progression. Add more perks and great stuff thats it !
    The difference is you have to upgrade your base to get farther. You can just join a higher level clan instead of building one up. The incentive to make a new clan is gone if the perks are too good at the top levels if you could find a clan at those levels instead.

Pro Member
    They just nerfed clan perks. I thought someone donated less than max troops to CWL CC's so I deleted them. Only to find out that my max troops lost several levels when I donated them. Having max troops or level 10 clan makes no difference. Helping lower level players is not encouraged!

Warriors are OP
    Quote Originally Posted by chased123456 View Post
    The difference is you have to upgrade your base to get farther. You can just join a higher level clan instead of building one up. The incentive to make a new clan is gone if the perks are too good at the top levels if you could find a clan at those levels instead.
    Nothing wrong in that, this is happening in other cases too.
    Take examples of cwl and cg, In cwl high players will mostly join a clan in high leauge instead of making a new one unless you have sufficient players for war and In cg players are most likely to join an active clan with many members so that cg can be easily completed instead of making new one.
    So there is already not much incentive left unless you have resources (active players). So this excuse relating to perks is beyond my thinking.

Anyways now we are clarified that the quote stated above was misquoted.

Quote Originally Posted by chased123456 View Post
    Not only that, there is already a problem with people phishing accounts in order to "steal" high-level clans. Adding new perks would exacerbate that. I would hate to see what would happen if they did anything to make level 15, 20 clans worth that much more than a level 2 clan.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMotator View Post
    They just nerfed clan perks. I thought someone donated less than max troops to CWL CC's so I deleted them. Only to find out that my max troops lost several levels when I donated them. Having max troops or level 10 clan makes no difference. Helping lower level players is not encouraged!
    I dont remember this nerf. The one you described works more as a buff since in most cases equal ths can now donated their limited max to each other which is better than what it used to be.