Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: People are using this bug to steal peoples clans. I lost my level 18 clan!

People are using this bug to steal peoples clans. I lost my level 18 clan!

Hi, I'm coming up with a call that you guys should be careful about a trick and bug where people are able to steal your clan with a bug.
    This is how is lost my level 18 clan in Master 3 in CWL.

[Removed By Moderator]

I by no means believe that the person is going to keep the clan but sell it, which is against TOS.

Please help. Supercell need to take a look into this! Years og hard work and dedication for a clan should not get away because of bugs.

Last edited by Bakunin; May 1st, 2021 at 04:07 PM.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Unfortunately what you described is not a bug - you effectively gave your clan away. You should have been more suspicious of this character when he asked for Elder and tried to get you to move both your accounts.

There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Hello thank you for your response. I didn't give my clan away manually by giving him leader, as he tricked me. So I'd say that this is a bug and whenever an account becomes leader any join requests that it has sent previously should become invalid.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    While I do not disagree with you in respect of the join requests - tricking somebody into leaving a Clan with their accounts in order to obtain Leader is not a bug. It is, as you have said, a dishonest, unpleasant trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Taza12 View Post
    Hello thank you for your response. I didn't give my clan away manually by giving him leader, as he tricked me. So I'd say that this is a bug and whenever an account becomes leader any join requests that it has sent previously should become invalid.
    I feel sorry for your clan. I dont know why people do this kind of stuff. Many innocent players get tricked into these things and loose their clans built by hardwork , patience and team work.

I didnt even had any idea that a clan leader could leave a clan with in that way! I thought there was no way for clan leader to leave clan unless he/she is the only person in clan.

Now i wish that with next update this thing is the first priority among qol improvements. So that now no one can accept an invite of a person if he is a clan leader.
    Last edited by Rhodesway31; May 1st, 2021 at 04:42 PM.

[QUOTE=Rhodesway31;12801194]I feel sorry for your clan. I dont know why people do this kind of stuff.

They do this in order to sell the clans for real money, which is against the rules. I was really suspicious and just went along it, as many other people have tried to get leader of my clan. I never thought this could happen. I still do not get, how a players request to join another clan is valid after being a leader. Well my clan is gone and im never going to get it back, but i want supercell to do something about it and give people awareness of years of hard work on a clan should not go in hands of scammers.

Clearly, the full method was redacted by bakunin, so I'm not going to ask how the trick works.

Hypothetically, if I'm the leader of my clan, get invited to a clan and accept, I will join that clan. So who gets leader in the clan I left? The longest serving coleader, the longest serving elder (if no co), the longest serving member (if no elders), or the new guy who just joined my clan (if no other members)?

I don't actually know, but let's assume if correct, based on that order of progression, either you had no one else in your clan but yourself and the scammer and lost a high level, empty clan, or you willfully promoted a new person up the ranks to a position where they could assume control.

I do agree a leader shouldn't be able to join another clan if invited (still show the invite with "accept" button grayed out so the leader can abdicate to a mini or trusted member), but even without knowing what happened, this sounds like a multi-step operation that required you as the clan leader to make most if not all of the steps.

When the telemarketer calls me about the expired warranty on my non-existent PC, I don't play along and give them my credit card number to see what's going to happen.

In other words, if you think you're being scammed and you're suspicious, don't audit the scam. You may catch them in the act, but it won't come without a price.

My clan is long gone. I have the scammer still in my friend list and saw he just "stole" another clan. Supercell should really do something about it, as he is high probably selling those clans for real cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Taza12 View Post
    My clan is long gone. I have the scammer still in my friend list and saw he just "stole" another clan. Supercell should really do something about it, as he is high probably selling those clans for real cash.
    Well they didn't 'steal' it. The leader gave away because of ignorance. That's not same. I don't see what SC can do if people are interested in getting scammed.

Millennial Club
    If you are leader, and there is another member in the clan, you cannot leave the clan. You must appoint someone the leader... the LEAVE option is not available.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH14 | AQ: L80 | BK: 76 | GW 55 | RC: 30| Max Trophies: 5500+