Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange words censored in chat

Strange words censored in chat

All,

I started noticing that words are censored in chat, even though the chat censoring is off. I can understand CoC is available in a lot of countries in a lot of languages. I can understand some terms are perfectly valid in one while a curse in an other one.

But lately I started noticing that common English words are censored. especially when it become to often used shorts. So I though lets start a list of words that are censored but (most likely) shouldn't.

I'll start the list with a name

• Hendrix

who provides the next in list.

I don’t know if it’s a good idea to list all the regular words that are censored for two reasons: 1. It’s been done before, and there’s actually a long, ongoing thread somewhere on this topic (link: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ht=Chat+censor), and 2. It leads to examples of words you think are normal but might be offensive to others as you stated.

I would like to mention even if your chat filter is turned off and you have no children in your clan, the censor still filters your quick train labels. Lately, I’ve been saving my armies with a label of the date I create the army. I made an army on the 20th of April in American date order, and the label censored itself. I changed it to the 21st to resolve the problem. When I mentioned it to my clanmates, that specific date was not censored in clan chat.
    Last edited by toofinedog; May 1st, 2021 at 03:47 PM.

You are aware that due to US regulations if you have an account in your clan that fits the profile of 'US based' and 'under age' that no matter your settings chat is censored?

Banned
    South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    My chat has word “Taiwan” censored and I could never figure out why

Pro Member
    It’s all to do with the members in your clan, to protect them whether they need or know it themselves. A list will not change it, only who is in your clan at any given time.
    Check out Fiddle Farm #PRP902RR - Jenny’s always welcome

It's just a game

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    I don’t know if it’s a good idea to list all the regular words that are censored for two reasons: 1. It’s been done before, and there’s actually a long, ongoing thread somewhere on this topic (link: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ht=Chat+censor), and 2. It leads to examples of words you think are normal but might be offensive to others as you stated.

I would like to mention even if your chat filter is turned off and you have no children in your clan, the censor still filters your quick train labels. Lately, I’ve been saving my armies with a label of the date I create the army. I made an army on the 20th of April in American date order, and the label censored itself. I changed it to the 21st to resolve the problem. When I mentioned it to my clanmates, that specific date was not censored in clan chat.
    I did look if there ware an other ongoing chat, guess I didnt look hard enough. think this thread can be closed no need to have 2 chats running.

as to an addon. the filtering is doing strange stuff. I could say 15k as a single word but in a sentence it got cencored. for me, a bad censoring is just as bad as having none. And if they give the option to turn it off then it should turn it off or dont give the option at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    My chat has word “Taiwan” censored and I could never figure out why
    Supercell is owned by a chineese company... do I need to say more

Quote Originally Posted by Thenotsosmartone View Post
    I did look if there ware an other ongoing chat, guess I didnt look hard enough. think this thread can be closed no need to have 2 chats running.

as to an addon. the filtering is doing strange stuff. I could say 15k as a single word but in a sentence it got cencored. for me, a bad censoring is just as bad as having none. And if they give the option to turn it off then it should turn it off or dont give the option at all.
    If your filter is off, then the option that's left, as I stated before, is that you have an account in your clan that meets the latest US regulations on minors in games and an obligatory filter....

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    If your filter is off, then the option that's left, as I stated before, is that you have an account in your clan that meets the latest US regulations on minors in games and an obligatory filter....
    1. why is my chat censored, they should just censore the chat for the minor account.
    2. This is more about what is being censored.

for an english chat words like 'Hendrix' should not be censored, it is a normal name. Or when I use 15k <= where the k is an kilo, 1000 indicator. where it only gets censored when it is used in a full sentence... It makes 0 sence to filter that.

Im just saying SuperCell is going overboard with their censoring.

My bet is they moved from a list that is being censored to some AI algoritm to counter where players use leet speak or so to bypass the word list. and all Im saying this AI is giving a whole lot of false positives. Having a list here on incorrectly 'banned' words would help the enginering team to improve the AI algoritm.

Im not looking for a list with banned curse words or so...

Warriors are OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Thenotsosmartone View Post
    Supercell is owned by a chineese company... do I need to say more
    Yeah say more, why ?
    Last edited by ExploringGalaxy; May 2nd, 2021 at 07:15 AM.