Thread: Trophy System Changes

Trophy System Changes

-- Disclaimers --
    First off I just want to say, love this game, along with the other SuperCell games. Been playing for, well I don't know but I have 7 unique Christmas trees and I didn't start collecting them at the beginning. I have a TH14 (was max TH13 before the update) with max builder base and a lower account as well.

I have a number of suggestions. I'll do each one in a separate thread to get the descriptive title asked for. I have read through all the rejected and common ideas, I like a lot of them and had some of them on my list as well. I will do my best not to duplicate.

So here goesÖ
    --------------------

I am not 100% sure how the game determines trophies for win/loss but there seems to be a big discrepancy that to me doesn't make much sense. I know this is probably core to the game and hard to change. I'm sure there are reasons for the way it is and took a lot of thought, calculations, and work by the team to come up with what there is today.

The Setup:
    I am a TH14 in Legends (was max 13 before the update). No issues with the Legends League trophy system. Recently I dropped down to Bronze for fun and to get the unbreakable achievement. I found that as I got lower and lower the trophy system became more and more broken.

Examples:
    I search for a battle and get a TH11 with no defenses or walls. If I lose, I lose 3 trophies but if I win I get 40 trophies. Whaaat. This is an easy win for me. I should not be rewarded with so many trophies. I mean, if I donít win I should be slammed for not winning by losing a ton of trophies because I suck so bad. The defender should be highly rewarded for defending his crappy village from me too. Thatís not the way it is though.

Solution?
    Assign each item a point value. Then each level a multiplier. For example a cannon, archer towers, mortars might be worth 5 points, non-defensive items 1 point, stronger defensive items 7 points, Town Hall 20 points. Then a level multiplier, so a cannon level 3 would be 5 x 3 for 15 total points. I don't know the exact numbers, this is just an example. Calculations and scenarios would need to be performed for exact numbers, but the idea I believe is sound. Add up all the items in the village to come to a total point value.

Now let's say I have a point value of 1000 and my opponent has a point value of 1010, pretty close match up probably. So let's assume a + or - 40 trophies as the max win/loss. If I am 10 under I might receive 10% the 40 times a constant since they were harder than me and if I lose I lose 10% with no multiplier so 8 for a win -4 trophies for a loss. Now let's say my value is 1010 and my opponent is 1000, now they are easier than me. Swap the constant multiplier to losses instead of wins.

Win when attacker is higher: (40 x ((Point Delta)/100)) x A
    Loss when attacker is higher: -1 x (40 x ((Point Delta)/100)))
    Win when attacker is Lower: (40 x ((Point Delta)/100))
    Loss when attacker is Lower: -1 x (40 x ((Point Delta)/100))) x A

(A is the constant, I might start it at 2 then add 1 for each TH difference and .1 for each TH weapon level.)

I know this isn't perfect and I do not know the inner workings of the game so I donít even know if this would work. With some playing around though I think it could level set the trophy system, and make attack matchups, and war matchups a bit more fair.

This would make trophy pushing significantly easier and would distort the trophy balance with lower town halls blowing through lower leagues, something that is not supposed to happen. It's solely dependant on trophies, and down there you're three or four whole leagues below normal and the game wants you to reascend. Some people could also hit up, and it is not fair for those higher players to lose 30 trophies from a two star from a th10 400 trophies above them.

Trophies offerings are determined by the difference in trophies between you and your opponent. If you attack someone with lower trophies than you then you will be rewarded for less trophies than if you were to attack someone with more trophies than you. It's a simple system that doesn't need changing.

Here is a link explaining trophies. It works well if you understand it.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-Trophy-Offers
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

"This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper" T S Eliot
    Agree with all above, the current system is not only fair, but also logical, for a competitive ladder system. That said, I am pondering ...

"and war matchups a bit more fair".

Traditional wars do team aggregate weighting today. In wars, there are no trophies, only stars, and & destruction. Any player can attack any player, either above or below. So I am trying to understand if you are also proposing changes in how wars would be either matched, conducted, and/or scored? Or, was that statement just added an afterthought, without consideration? It happens to all of us at times, me included! Say something in the end as a wrap up, and then think about it after the fact. But, if the statement was intentionally thought out, would like to know the details out of curiosity!

All fair points. Thanks for the replies.

Many thanks for posting the trophy system link. That helps.

As for this: So I am trying to understand if you are also proposing changes in how wars would be either matched, conducted, and/or scored? Or, was that statement just added an afterthought, without consideration?

No, it wasn't an afterthought, It was more frustration on unfair matchups. Its not uncommon that my clan in war would be matched up with another who is quite a bit higher than us. When this happens usually they have mostly TH 12+ and we're there with maybe 25% TH 12+ the rest 8-11. Just doesn't seem like a fair matchup to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kilimanj99 View Post
    All fair points. Thanks for the replies.

Many thanks for posting the trophy system link. That helps.

As for this: So I am trying to understand if you are also proposing changes in how wars would be either matched, conducted, and/or scored? Or, was that statement just added an afterthought, without consideration?

No, it wasn't an afterthought, It was more frustration on unfair matchups. Its not uncommon that my clan in war would be matched up with another who is quite a bit higher than us. When this happens usually they have mostly TH 12+ and we're there with maybe 25% TH 12+ the rest 8-11. Just doesn't seem like a fair matchup to me.
    If you are talking about regular wars, I suggest posting your clan tag in the clan wars subforum (https://forum.supercell.com/forumdis...p/66-Clan-Wars). Lots of people there who will be happy to look at your lineups and matches to help you get more even ones. Matchmaking is based on clan lineup war weight which includes offense and defence progression. Individual trophies are not part of it. If you are talking about clan war leagues, there is no matching besides being in the same tier.
    Last edited by Piper139; May 1st, 2021 at 05:44 PM.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22