Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Healers on pets

Centennial Club

Healers on pets

I do queen walk attacks and have lassi with her. When I first drop aq my healers generally stay with aq - but since yesterdays maintenance break I've had a couple times where some healers moved to lassi. When I dropped my healers the only troops on the screen were aq and lassi. So it is not like the healers have lots of choices and got confused. Plus the healers were closer to aq. I think this was supposed to be fixed...but its not entirely fixed yet.

There was no mention of a fix regarding pets other than the warden and the eagle being less likely to target them. I have seen healers target my yak when paired with my Queen. I discovered if I let the yak move out of the healers’ range before deploying them, they are more likely to target the Queen, and a lv 1 yak will usually melt before healers can switch. Lately, I’ve been setting healers on the warden paired with the unicorn, and I haven’t seen the healers having trouble sticking to the warden.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmermark View Post
    I do queen walk attacks and have lassi with her. When I first drop aq my healers generally stay with aq - but since yesterdays maintenance break I've had a couple times where some healers moved to lassi. When I dropped my healers the only troops on the screen were aq and lassi. So it is not like the healers have lots of choices and got confused. Plus the healers were closer to aq. I think this was supposed to be fixed...but its not entirely fixed yet.
    This is because LASSI is a melee type, she will move in front AQ to attack building, which means she will be getting targeted by Defenses before AQ got targeted, which causes the Healers to heal LASSI instead of full health AQ. This AQ + LASSI combo is not working well in most cases, even if your Healers didn't heal the LASSI, AQ will still destroy buildings before LASSI even got a hit on it. Out of all 4 Heroes, AQ is the last to need additional damage boost.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Personally I use the owl with QW. Probably not the most effective of pets with QW (usually it gets killed fast) but at least healers ignore the owl and donít have to worry about switching or dragged closer to other defenses.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Open 24 Hours
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Personally I use the owl with QW. Probably not the most effective of pets with QW (usually it gets killed fast) but at least healers ignore the owl and donít have to worry about switching or dragged closer to other defenses.
    Also, owl can tank any SAMs for healers.

Millennial Club
    Wait a sec did i miss something?
    healers heal pets???

Quote Originally Posted by Farmermark View Post
    I ve been facing this problem since i unlocked lassi as i only do queen charges in wars. Glad that someone else is also facing this problem would like to hear some advice from other people who run queen charges with ground pets as i mentioned earlier also no pros or youtubers are adressing this issue.
    Last edited by Rhodesway31; April 30th, 2021 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Yes this is exactly i am also planning to do once owl gets unlocked. But i worry that this would lead to everyone pairing owl with queen walks always which would somewhat hurt pet's moto of bringing more versatility to game.
    I think they would have to work on healers AI a bit to get rid of this problem. Something like "healers are less likely to heal pets".
    Because this already ruined one of my war attack and couple of legend league attacks as healers switched over to lassi and got in range of air defence and multi inferno thus ruining queen charge and attack overall.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodesway31 View Post
    I ve been facing this problem since i unlocked lassi as i only do queen charges. Glad that someone else is also facing this problem would like to hear some advice from other people whi run queen charges with ground pets as i mentioned earlier also no pros or youtubers are adressing this issue.
    Pair LASSI with RC, don't have to wait until you unlocked Owl.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodesway31 View Post
    Yes this is exactly i am also planning to do once owl gets unlocked. But i worry that this would lead to everyone pairing owl with queen walks always which would somewhat hurt pet's moto of bringing more versatility to game.
    I think they would have to work on healers AI a bit to get rid of this problem. Something like "healers are less likely to heal pets".
    Because this already ruined one of my war attack and couple of legend league attacks as healers switched over to lassi and got in range of air defence and multi inferno thus ruining queen charge and attack overall.
    Am watching this thread with some interest, since my pet house is under construction as we speak.
    Not sure how they could get around the healer/pet issue tho.. Pets are acting like troops, and performing as per their AI, and the healers are acting like healers, in that they are healing damaged troops in preference to following a full health hero..
    Not sure how they can switch from a locked on troop without it returning to full health first.

As an addition, and certainly not meant as a demeanor..
    The versatility of pet use is going to be somewhat dependent on the versatility of the user..
    For walks and charges, then the pairing needs to be something compliant with walk/charge, and the healer link..

But not every strat relies on that Queen/Warden start to clear a path..
    I have found that the game recently became very friendly to those whom tend to be "less complex" with their approach.. And I would think the hero/pet choices will be less constrained with those strategies too.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; April 30th, 2021 at 04:41 PM.