Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Hero Spell Duration

Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    Hero and power pots imo should just allow for a flat buff of like 4/5 attacks. 1hr for heroes is useless, having to stack them all with a training pot is a mute point. Should haven't to spend to use effectively. Get called away and you've wasted 3 pots.
    Having it work for 4/5 attacks resolves that. Cancels after 24hrs.
    Problem solved for the pair of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurmBo View Post
    Nailed it. That's a solution that would be effective.
    Well, sure, they could make the potions even more valuable than they already are, but of course then they also could increase the cost to get them and/or make them more rare. Personally, I think they are a good value for war attacks and you can definitely get two war attacks in. The hero potions for 1 hour are not at all worthless. I often use them for two war attacks. In CWL I just used one for a war attack at the end of the war and will get my second one in soon for the start of the next.

I would never use them just for general raiding. That is an incredibly inefficient use of resources.
    Last edited by 2222; May 3rd, 2021 at 07:26 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Well, sure, they could make the potions even more valuable than they already are, but of course then they also could increase the cost to get them and/or make them more rare. Personally, I think they are a good value for war attacks and you can definitely get two war attacks in. The hero potions for 2 hours are not at all worthless. I often use them for two war attacks. In CWL I just used one for a war attack at the end of the war and will get my second one in soon for the start of the next.

I would never use them just for general raiding. That is an incredibly inefficient use of resources.
    Two hours? You mean one hour, right? If you don't expect value for what you work for, that is yours but why you feel the need to tear down a proposal that would be helpful to others is beyond me.

Two hours? You mean one hour, right? If you don't expect value for what you work for, that is yours but why you feel the need to tear down a proposal that would be helpful to others is beyond me.
    Yes, I meant one our. Two attacks in one hour.

I am not tearing down a proposal. I disagree with the original reasoning behind it, which was your suggestion that the hero potions are now worth less than they were before and/or that the addition of pets mean they need to now do more. I strongly disagree with that. The hero potions do MORE for the same cost than they did before. They have an even bigger impact on your attack now than ever before, all for the same cost.

Once the discussion turned just in general to making them more valuable than they are now, well then that goes for just about anything. You could say the hero book should be worth two heroes. The builder potions should work for a whole day. Etc. The question then is are they already a good value for the current cost/rarity. I say the hero potions are already a good value for the cost/rarity. They were a good value before th14 and they are an even better value now.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Millennial Club

I am not tearing down a proposal. I disagree with the original reasoning behind it, which was your suggestion that the hero potions are now worth less than they were before and/or that the addition of pets mean they need to now do more. I strongly disagree with that. The hero potions do MORE for the same cost than they did before. They have an even bigger impact on your attack now than ever before, all for the same cost.

Once the discussion turned just in general to making them more valuable than they are now, well then that goes for just about anything. You could say the hero book should be worth two heroes. The builder potions should work for a whole day. Etc. The question then is are they already a good value for the current cost/rarity. I say the hero potions are already a good value for the cost/rarity. They were a good value before th14 and they are an even better value now.
    The potions were never a good value to begin with. Would/have you paid the $2.50 USD to buy yours? Or have you used the ones from Gold Pass or rewards? As for the discussion turning to making them more valuable than what they are now, that has always been the premise. I can't imagine having them last 24 hours making them less valuable.

Banned

Dude, these potions are overpriced anyway. Because they are not worth it. They have to be stacked with a training pot to get 2 goes in one hour or you've crushed the first attack and didn't use an ability.
    5 hero levels is a VERY minor increase as well, people can say all kinds of bull, but in reality 5 hero levels for the queen, warden and champ, does what? Sponge one extra cannon shot?

Of course this potion needs a buff. In duration for sure. X no of attacks is the way forward. Anything else just forces you to sit and wait and do nothing but devote an hour solid to game and hope real life doesn't interfere. £2.50 is the single biggest rip of the game. I've never bought them and never will. Never even use them. Just cash them in for 10 gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    Dude, these potions are overpriced anyway. Because they are not worth it. They have to be stacked with a training pot to get 2 goes in one hour or you've crushed the first attack and didn't use an ability.
    5 hero levels is a VERY minor increase as well, people can say all kinds of bull, but in reality 5 hero levels for the queen, warden and champ, does what? Sponge one extra cannon shot?

Of course this potion needs a buff. In duration for sure. X no of attacks is the way forward. Anything else just forces you to sit and wait and do nothing but devote an hour solid to game and hope real life doesn't interfere. £2.50 is the single biggest rip of the game. I've never bought them and never will. Never even use them. Just cash them in for 10 gems.
    Yep. It should be a set number of attacks. 1 per potion. Earn your hero levels instead of getting them from a bottle.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Yep. It should be a set number of attacks. 1 per potion. Earn your hero levels instead of getting them from a bottle.
    Great concept. I guess we should take away all BoHs and the ability to gem heroes to completion while we are at it? I presume that you have never done such a thing, right?

Great concept. I guess we should take away all BoHs and the ability to gem heroes to completion while we are at it? I presume that you have never done such a thing, right?
    I still had to raid for the resources. Or earn medals for hammers. Not pop a potion a gain 40 hero and pet levels not accounted for in matchmaking. Or have those 40 extra levels while farming for a day. I don't like the hero potion and do not want it buffed. I'd rather it didn't exist but a bit too late for that.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Centennial Club
    I think itís fine how it is. I would assume most 14s with pets were sitting on a bunch of these anyway as there was no point using them until 14 dropped. So in my opinion itís a strategic decision when you use them. Personally I use mine in CWL and nothing else

The potions were never a good value to begin with. Would/have you paid the $2.50 USD to buy yours? Or have you used the ones from Gold Pass or rewards? As for the discussion turning to making them more valuable than what they are now, that has always been the premise. I can't imagine having them last 24 hours making them less valuable.
    I always wonder when people type stuff like this about value if they really sat and considered the difference between value and price. The price to be paid is objectively great for the potions at all townhall levels. Consider what the potion actually does for 1 hr you get +5 on up to 4 heroes and 4 pets. If you are a new th 14 and decided to pay for the pet house and got it straight to level 4 asap, I wonder what it would cost in price to get max heroes and lvl 6 of each pet. I bet the price is significantly higher than $2.50 USD. Price wise, 1 hr for this benefit is a huge deal. It would take quite a while to spend the same amount on potions as it would to just buy the potion effect. In all honesty, the value of the potion will be less than the gem equivalent until the last hours of the last upgrade affected by the pet.

now that we understand what price is lets talk value. Value is subjective. this means the value of the potion is going to change from person to person. If you don't feel that the value of +5 to all hero and pet levels is worth price, then you won't pay for it. Just because it's a low value to you doesn't mean the price is poorly set. as I already proved, the price is fantastically set. Given that the price is already quite a deal, any changes to potion will likely be matched with a change in price to keep effect balanced. why? because they can't set the value to all players.

It also appears to me Supercell priced the potion based on its optimized use with the foresight this would be the most likely used cases by players trying to optimize the value and also the ones most likely to spend money. So the price includes the affect of the training potion or using it in war. At least it seems this way. the value in these 2 cases don't seem to be causing a problem. so if you were to propose a change, shouldn't the price also increase to reflect the increased optimized standard people already are very aware exists to reflect that larger value?

I guess the last thing on value to consider, would you rather spend $2.50 on a hero potion or $5 on gold pass that includes a hero potion? Hero potions aren't the only currency transactions in the game so the value of buying that potion will always be compared to other offers which include bundles which always has more value so its a very unfair question. And waiting to use the potion until you can get the optimized value doesn't prove its without value, just the person has considered the value they want from it.