Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 55

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Hero Spell Duration

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post

    IMO either leave it as it is or lose the ability to use it in CWL or regular war if it is made longer lasting. Feel free to farm with it as long as you like.
    I have never nor will i ever use power or hero potion for farming. The main army i use is maxed out , heroes are also almost maxed out so can do good in legends league too and when farming in. Low league i use baby dragons or sneaky goblins so using potions in raids is least of my concern.

    In my opinnion these potions are meant to be used in wars and cwl IMO. So them loosing ability to be used in wars seems like loosing the ability to use books or hammer after a match has been made in war as it would be unfair too.......

  2. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodesway31 View Post
    I have never nor will i ever use power or hero potion for farming. The main army i use is maxed out , heroes are also almost maxed out so can do good in legends league too and when farming in. Low league i use baby dragons or sneaky goblins so using potions in raids is least of my concern.

    In my opinnion these potions are meant to be used in wars and cwl IMO. So them loosing ability to be used in wars seems like loosing the ability to use books or hammer after a match has been made in war as it would be unfair too.......
    I would be happy for everything to stand as it is once the match has been found. So any upgrades completed don't actually count. That way it stays fair.
    It almost seems pointless that the match maker does its best to find an even match, then allows people to use a potion to boost troops or add +5 levels to their heros, and now pets.

  3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I would be fine with the duration as is or even slightly higher under one condition: Potions of this sort cannot be used in CWL or regular wars.
    That is all most of us would even consider using them for.

    They most absolutely should continue being usable in war.

    There is a very trivial argument against them in regular war, because of the (minor) effect they may have on matchmaking.

    There is no reasonable argument for making them unusable in CWL.
    Last edited by Ajax; May 1st, 2021 at 12:50 PM.

  4. #34
    Forum Legend Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    That is all most of us would even consider using them for.

    They most absolutely should continue being usable in war.

    There is a very trivial argument against them in regular war, because of the (minor) effect they may have on matchmaking.

    There is no reasonable argument for making them unusable in CWL.
    I disagree for regular wars. For th13, that is up to 20 hero levels unaccounted for in war weight. For 14, up to 40 hero and pet levels. That is not trivial. Add in a power potion and you have a lot of offense that wasn't on the board in matchmaking. I think it was a mistake to add these potions in the first place. If someone wants max troops or higher heroes, earn them.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by TurmBo View Post
    More powerful? That's a good spin but doesn't change the fact that now I have to split my DE 7 ways instead of 3 and hero upgrade process will be much slower. As for war attacks, I could get 2 instead of 1 or a full day of raiding. Not sure why suggestions for QoL improvements are so often met with negativity.
    It isn’t spin, it’s a fact. The hero potion now boosts more than it did before.

    The potion is pretty pointless to use for raiding. If farming loot is your goal, then that is a very inefficient use of gems. I could see someone using it for some serious late season legends pushing on the last couple days, but there is no decent value to using it for general raiding.
    Last edited by 2222; May 1st, 2021 at 01:47 PM.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Posts
    4,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    I disagree for regular wars. For th13, that is up to 20 hero levels unaccounted for in war weight. For 14, up to 40 hero and pet levels. That is not trivial. Add in a power potion and you have a lot of offense that wasn't on the board in matchmaking. I think it was a mistake to add these potions in the first place. If someone wants max troops or higher heroes, earn them.
    I disagree for CWL as well. Fair for everyone should be the way. Iím rushed TH14 (from TH12) but I shall have the offensive power of maxed out TH14 for this CWL because I have quite the stockpile of potions. Thatís not right in my book.
    Last edited by MasterEdy; May 1st, 2021 at 04:59 PM.

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    I disagree for CWL as well. Fair for everyone should be the way. I’m rushed TH14 (from TH12) but I shall have the offensive power of maxed out TH14 for this CWL because I have quite the stockpile of potions. That’s not right in my book.
    CWL doesn’t use weight based matching so there is no need to worry about someone using potions to get around the matchmaker, since there isn’t one. So, there is nothing wrong with you having that power. It’s different in classic war where you get a match based on the power you have without the potions, then use potions to get around the matchmaking system.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  8. #38
    Millennial Club TheClanimals's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    LV 426
    Posts
    1,265
    If you want to maximize a Hero potion, boost your barracks.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    545
    Hero and power pots imo should just allow for a flat buff of like 4/5 attacks. 1hr for heroes is useless, having to stack them all with a training pot is a mute point. Should haven't to spend to use effectively. Get called away and you've wasted 3 pots.
    Having it work for 4/5 attacks resolves that. Cancels after 24hrs.
    Problem solved for the pair of them.

  10. #40
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Bummtruck, Egypt
    Posts
    1,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    Hero and power pots imo should just allow for a flat buff of like 4/5 attacks. 1hr for heroes is useless, having to stack them all with a training pot is a mute point. Should haven't to spend to use effectively. Get called away and you've wasted 3 pots.
    Having it work for 4/5 attacks resolves that. Cancels after 24hrs.
    Problem solved for the pair of them.
    Nailed it. That's a solution that would be effective.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •