Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Hero Spell Duration

  1. #1
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Bummtruck, Egypt
    Posts
    1,053

    Hero Spell Duration

    With the introduction of the "pets" the Hero Spell needs to last longer. One hour is woefully insufficient considering that we are now spreading DE over 4 Heroes and 4 pets trying to reach max. One day would be much better. At TH14, you get about 2 raids tops while waiting for hero regen (and that's if you don't get distracted and miss your second attack).

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by TurmBo View Post
    With the introduction of the "pets" the Hero Spell needs to last longer. One hour is woefully insufficient considering that we are now spreading DE over 4 Heroes and 4 pets trying to reach max. One day would be much better. At TH14, you get about 2 raids tops while waiting for hero regen (and that's if you don't get distracted and miss your second attack).
    On the other hand, the hero boost spell lasts the same as it did before and costs the same as it did before, but is much more powerful than it was before, since now it not only boosts 4 heroes, it boosts 4 pets too. Also, I suspect most use it for war attacks, not for raiding.
    Last edited by 2222; April 29th, 2021 at 08:02 PM.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  3. #3
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Bummtruck, Egypt
    Posts
    1,053
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    On the other hand, the hero boost spell lasts the same as it did before and costs the same as it did before, but is much more powerful than it was before, since now it not only boosts 4 heroes, it boosts 4 pets too. Also, I suspect most use it for war attacks, not for raiding.
    More powerful? That's a good spin but doesn't change the fact that now I have to split my DE 7 ways instead of 3 and hero upgrade process will be much slower. As for war attacks, I could get 2 instead of 1 or a full day of raiding. Not sure why suggestions for QoL improvements are so often met with negativity.

  4. #4
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,194
    Quote Originally Posted by TurmBo View Post
    With the introduction of the "pets" the Hero Spell needs to last longer. One hour is woefully insufficient considering that we are now spreading DE over 4 Heroes and 4 pets trying to reach max. One day would be much better. At TH14, you get about 2 raids tops while waiting for hero regen (and that's if you don't get distracted and miss your second attack).
    Surly, if you are using this for general raiding, you are boosting also, so would get about 4-6 attacks is.

    Also, definitely the last reason to extend anything would be because you can pay attention for one hour if you boost your troops...

    Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH14 | AQ: L80 | BK: 76 | GW 55 | RC: 30| Max Trophies: 5500+

  5. #5
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Bummtruck, Egypt
    Posts
    1,053
    Quote Originally Posted by vansimon View Post
    Surly, if you are using this for general raiding, you are boosting also, so would get about 4-6 attacks is.

    Also, definitely the last reason to extend anything would be because you can pay attention for one hour if you boost your troops...
    Surly not. In Legend League I get to attack 8 times a day. Boosting troops provides zero benefit to me. I have more than one account and take my attacks throughout the day as time permits.

  6. #6
    Forum Superstar toofinedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    I am toofinedog wherever I am.
    Posts
    3,347
    OP, I’m replying more to your comment about having to split DE 7 ways than your original idea about increasing the hero potion duration. I usually sell those potions for gems even if my heroes aren’t maxed. I don’t see much value in them because the effect is too fleeting. That said, to me their value (if any) has doubled because it affects up to 8 units instead of up to 4 within the same period of time. I absolutely loved the th upgrade hero boost though because it lasted longer than a finger full of attacks.

    My biggest problem with dark upgrades is having too much DE. I had to burn a few research potions to finish my minions lv 10 upgrade to start my IG lv 6 upgrade in order to not have to sell an extra DE rune from the gold pass for gems.

    For me, the biggest hindrance in upgrading multiple heroes at once is not not having enough DE but not having a free builder to do those upgrades.

    I would echo what I have seen said in other threads about whether Supercell will allow more than one pet upgrade at once, but if that were to come, I think it will be long after early adopters of th14 have nearly completed their current pet upgrades.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    235
    sounds like you need to spend more gems on hero potions. probably a big reason SC put in the TH boosts in the first place, tempt u with freebies just to hook u on the feel

  8. #8
    Forum Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Water Seems Safe
    Posts
    9,595
    I'm always in fovor of more stuff but I don't see the relationship between pets and hero potion duration. To me hero potions have always been something to use in war an 1 hour is sufficient to get 2 attacks in. Would it be nice to boost them for a day at time, sure but I don't think it's something SC is planning anytime soon.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

  9. #9
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Bummtruck, Egypt
    Posts
    1,053
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    OP, I’m replying more to your comment about having to split DE 7 ways than your original idea about increasing the hero potion duration. I usually sell those potions for gems even if my heroes aren’t maxed. I don’t see much value in them because the effect is too fleeting.
    Pardon my truncation of your post, but this is exactly what I am referring to.

  10. #10
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,194
    Quote Originally Posted by TurmBo View Post
    Surly not. In Legend League I get to attack 8 times a day. Boosting troops provides zero benefit to me. I have more than one account and take my attacks throughout the day as time permits.
    Ah.. your comment suggests I was just expected to know you were in legends...
    But still, if you boost, you should get about 6 of your legends hits done on one hour with the boosted heroes, that’s better then two...
    Make what you have work better for you.

    Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH14 | AQ: L80 | BK: 76 | GW 55 | RC: 30| Max Trophies: 5500+

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •