Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: De-index old posts

De-index old posts

De-index old obsolete posts from search engines. I once got slapped for necro-ing a post from this forum that was the 1st result for a Google search. Clean your own stables.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    De-index old obsolete posts from search engines. I once got slapped for necro-ing a post from this forum that was the 1st result for a Google search. Clean your own stables.
    That would be a forum thing not a clash of clans specific thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    That would be a forum thing not a clash of clans specific thing.
    That's everywhere, not forum-only. Right now I'm trying to google up how SCID works, I'm gettings posts, blogs, and youtube stuff from 2019 exclusively, and I'm guessing that's obsolete. That's not in-game, but that's QOL: right now I can't get that info.
    They give money to creators, they could ask them to not delete, but de-index, obsolete stuff. And do it themselves for their own stuff.
    Last edited by obarthelemy; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:29 AM.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    We have no control over Google.

And AFAIK, there is no way to "de-index" old posts.

Moved this (and follow ups) to where it belongs.

of course you can

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=how+to+tell+google+to+stop+indexing+old+page s

again trying to contribute, again treated erm.. badly, again swearing not to do it again, let your users wrestle w/ stuff you don't care to clean up.
    Last edited by Bakunin; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:36 AM. Reason: Main Forum Rule No.2

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    I think we’re done here since OP can’t seem to follow forum rules when presenting an argument.
    Last edited by ilovehayday; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:36 AM.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    of course you can

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=how+to+tell+google+to+stop+indexing+old+page s

again trying to contribute, again treated erm.. badly, again swearing not to do it again, let your users wrestle w/ ♥♥♥♥ you don't care to clean up.
    No, we can't do so.

None of what is shown there is possible with the version of vBulletin this forum uses, even for those with FULL admin rights. We just don't have direct access to the HTML to be able to set those tags.

I'm not even convinced it would be possible with SQL access to the underlying database and a SQL programmer who knew what they were doing. It might be, but if it is, it would certainly be way more work than is reasonable or rational, for no real benefit.