Thread: Surprise Farmer Visits

Surprise Farmer Visits

Recently there has been instances of visits to my farm from farmers who've I helped. To eliminate these unwelcome farmer visits, I'm considering changing my farm name.

If I change my farm's name, will I still be friends on my current friends' lists?

Will those farm visitors who I've recently helped or helped me under my former farm name be able to visit my farm under its new name?

How long are farmers I've helped/helped me able to visit my farm. I guess what I'm saying is how long is "recent" as in recent helpers? (I realize if they visit everyday and buy something from my RSS, revive a dead tree/bush, or help by completing an order request it could be never-ending.) While we can refuse and block friends and followers, I know of no remedy for these types of visits.

Quote Originally Posted by VioletBanks1950 View Post
    Recently there has been instances of visits to my farm from farmers who've I helped. To eliminate these unwelcome farmer visits, I'm considering changing my farm name.

If I change my farm's name, will I still be friends on my current friends' lists?

Will those farm visitors who I've recently helped or helped me under my former farm name be able to visit my farm under its new name?

How long are farmers I've helped/helped me able to visit my farm. I guess what I'm saying is how long is "recent" as in recent helpers? (I realize if they visit everyday and buy something from my RSS, revive a dead tree/bush, or help by completing an order request it could be never-ending.) While we can refuse and block friends and followers, I know of no remedy for these types of visits.
    Dear VioletBanks1950,

No need to worry. The longest you have to put up with unseemly behavior from a farmer whom you helped is 3 days. You drop off the last helpers list (and the link to your farm) then. (It was a nightmare for many of us years ago; thankfully SC heard our cries and kindly time-limited access to helper farms.) You don’t need to change your farm name. In many instances when you try to tell the unwelcome “guest” to leave you alone, via a name change, they become bigger pests.
    Often when I help a farm, I’ll also tap the ribbon to “follow” them during the 3 day period. If they leave me alone (aside from an occasional “Hi, thank you” by buying an item in my RSS), then I’ll unfollow them sooner. If they become an uninvited visitor who becomes a pest, then I’ll note what level their farm is. If it’s lower than mine, I’ll just leave items in my RSS for neighbors and friends beyond the pest’s farm level. If they’re higher than me, I’ll either not leave items, leave non-premium items at full price, or try to arrange or time my items for friends when they’re usually playing. 3 days is doable to wait them out. You have multiple choices as to how you play and still enjoy the game, in spite of people helping themselves at your, or your friends, expense during the 3 day period they have access to you.

Your name change would show in your friends’ listing. You won’t cease to be friends.
    I have to run - I hope this little bit helps, and perhaps others can fill in more information for you.

And it's tellin' me that things are not the same
    Very well put, AsYouWish

I remember 48h. If people don’t note down the exact time then 3 days is also good.
    Welcome to Community Forum - How to - Search & Save Threads /PM / VM
    My Guides (Valley/Derby): V Map - V Chicken - V Fuel station - V Lucky bonus | Mystery D - Bingo D

New Bloke/Chick
    @AsYouWish

Ack to @meonhoc, very well explained. There is nothing to add.

Especially the hint what to do when an unwelcome visitor has a lower or a higher level than yourself. Very helpful, THX a lot.

Luckily I haven't those problems, but it's good to see how to handle it if you're affected at some point.
    "Etiam tacere est respondere" [Unknown author]

Much appreciated AsYouWish and meonhoc...