Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Balancing incoming and not announced on forum yet.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by CorValerie View Post
    a slight speed decrease is hard to call a nerf for inferno dragon imo. considering now that theyre slightly slower to hounds theres more u can do to get a hound ahead of ur inferno dragons, and looking at the statistics this might help keep dragons safely ahead of them as well. out of all the ways they could nerf something, i think a -2 in speed is one of the least detrimental things they could do.
    Actually that is very true, good point. Queen has a higher chance of targeting the hound over the inferno dragon

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by youcancallmejd View Post
    Let's see, on one end we have two forumers with unknown credentials or rationale for their argument, and on the other end we have Supercell's data, a former pro who is a very strong legend league pusher and constantly streams pro matches, other pros who are also streamers, and for me my own personal experience in pro matches on how inferno dragons are incredibly strong right now.

I don't know, it's tough to say which side is more convincing
    I know that was meant to be sarcastic, but it is actually very true.

What the pro players find OP has little bearing on what regular players find OP.

And while I'm sure the data does show this (Supercell don't buff/nerf without the data supporting the need), we players don't have access to that data.

Quote Originally Posted by Ostentatious View Post
    I can understand most of the changes, but why the headhunter nerf?
    Likewise
    I am building bases that can stop hybrid, lalo variations, and other well planned attacks 2 to 3 times but witches golem spam can triple any base i build first attempt. Easiest spam but HH need nurf and not that?

Both my phone and tablet are stuck on "Downloading Content" since the maintenance break, and neither will load the game correctly. Both are Android.

EDIT: Both corrected now and loading properly. Sorry for the out of place post!
    Last edited by ninja636rider; April 29th, 2021 at 12:06 PM.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    No, these will have been based on the data SC are seeing. They never nerf based on what people in the forums are saying in the first few weeks after an update.
    This isn't even close to the truth.
    I understand and strongly believed they look at the data before they decide to nerf or buff something, but to say that they "never" nerf something based on what people in the forums are saying is wrong.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    It was the absolute truth.

I understand and strongly believed they look at the data before they decide to nerf or buff something, but to say that they "never" nerf something based on what people in the forums are saying is wrong.
    They never nerf or buff based on what is being said. They do so based on the data they are seeing.

The fact that data often matches what is being said doesn't mean they are doing it based on what is said. It just means people have noticed the same thing their data is telling them.

There may be times when what is being said gives them a heads up for what to look at in the data, but I don't believe even that is frequent.

Never even though of using Inferno Dragons ever. Mainly because I fill up my two slots with sneaky goblins and super wall breaker all the time. I forget that inferno dragon is even a thing.

Adapt, appreciate, and own up to what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    People use them? I haven't seen one in action in ages. For that reason, the nerf baffles me too. It's not like they are running rampant.

Edit. Just saw an itzu video that mentioned all the top player inferno drag spam. So must be op.
    I don't recall which tournament it was, but inferno drags were some of the most popular 3 star troops by the pro players (I think it was several month ago). What Itzu calls spam I would strongly disagree with. Most players cannot execute the attack like those pros do, but no doubt they are/were very strong in the right hands.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Humming "The Soft Goodbye" Please see my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    For those who missed Darian's post about data analysis of player behavior, the following may offer some insight about role forumites play in CoC's development.

Q: Since you've got your finger on the pulse of the community, I would imagine you're a valuable resource to the development team. How much do (you think) they rely/use the input you give them when they're implementing new ideas, or retooling things already implemented?

Darian: It's definitely a symbiotic relationship. Many of the devs actually read the forums for bugs, keep an eye on certain threads, etc. For humor, I'll share with the team the occasional funny post, Clash meme, etc. that the community comes up with. Because a lot of the development is done through data analysis of player behavior, reading comments on the forum isn't always necessary. The forums represent such a small segment of players and behavioral data gives us a much more complete picture of how players react to certain things. What I primarily do is communicate on behalf of the team to the community, but I do present pressing issues to the team from the community as well.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12659100
    Last edited by LynnK2015; April 30th, 2021 at 08:50 AM.
    Dedicating "The Soft Goodbye" to the Supercell forums and the people who made it an awesome community, the brightest star in the evening sky.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDVgb4pJMdI

You don't know what you missed out on if you haven't tried infernodrags w. skellies yet.

Among the meta strategies it is by far one of the easiest to use. No complex setup is required and the general procedure is almost always the same with little to no variation.
    All troops are deployed within the first 30s and the attack lasts about 1min 30s making it one of the fastest tripling armies next to edrags. And it works against a variety of different bases, can be forced on most existing ones.

I personally used it a lot recently after playing mainly Lalo for 1.5 years. And I see other pros switching from their main strat to idrags as well.
    It's just much more convenient, a lot easier to execute, not very risky and just as effective without much effort.

Not sure why so many are not using it. Maybe they weren't aware of the strat or they rather stick to what they are used to.
    But those who use it are generally blessed with a high success rate and that's probably what SC saw in their stats.

The nerf doesn't surprise me at all and I hope this makes them a little more tactical than they are now.

I'm happy with the other changes as well. The builder huts and the th poison felt a little underwhelming to me, despite being th14s signature defenses.