Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Give Battle Machine ability charges

Trainee

Give Battle Machine ability charges

Right now the optimal way of using the Battle Machine ability is to use it as soon as it is available, which requires zero strategy. If it had 2 charges or more then the best strategy would no longer be to use as soon as it is available but to use it when the damage buff is necessary.

I do not mean to limit how many times you can use the ability, I want to propose a way to store more than 1 charge at a time.
    Last edited by Zoio; April 28th, 2021 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Clarity

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    I'm not sure I understand, so I think you may be confused. The battle machine already has multiple charges. There are many times already when I don't use it as soon as it's available, but choose to use it when it's in position or it needs health.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 22 - 781 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Groupme - + - Discord

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    I'm not sure I understand, so I think you may be confused. The battle machine already has multiple charges. There are many times already when I don't use it as soon as it's available, but choose to use it when it's in position or it needs health.
    It means more charges that can be accumulated, ex. a max of 3 or 2

Quote Originally Posted by Zoio View Post
    Right now the optimal way of using the Battle Machine ability is to use it as soon as it is available, which requires zero strategy. If it had 2 charges or more then the best strategy would no longer be to use as soon as it is available but to use it when the damage buff is necessary.
    The idea is nice, it would give more tactics to the fight , try to explain the idea in more detail though, otherwise people tend to criticize only

Quote Originally Posted by Pingotumbo View Post
    My reading is actually limit charges and not store them. So 2 max through the whole raid. So I agree the op should elaborate more.
    Last edited by chased123456; April 28th, 2021 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingotumbo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by chased123456 View Post
    My reading is actually limit charges and not store them. So 2 max through the whole raid. So I agree the op should elaborate more.
    I read it as limiting the number of ability uses, but I like the idea of being able to store charges each time the ability recharges. It would probably require a longer recharge rate and/or a max number of stored charges for balance, but it’s still a good idea (this one, not the original one which feels more punitive than strategic to ability mashers like me).
    Last edited by toofinedog; April 28th, 2021 at 11:02 PM.

Trainee
    I meant being able to store the ability, not limiting them, I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

I think the best way to do it is to make it so that level 5 battle machines only have 1 charge, level 10 gives a second charge capacity, and a third one at level 30. This means we aren't as pressured to use the ability as soon as it is available.

As it stands now, not using the ability as soon as it is available means overrall health recovery is not optimal, so you are almost always better off using it as soon as it is available. With this change, storing charges would give the player more choice on when to use it.

This change would require a reduction to health recovery and improved attack charges to make it not overpowered, but the overrall gameplay would get better and more strategic.

I hope this made the original post more clear.
    Last edited by Zoio; April 28th, 2021 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoio View Post
    I meant being able to store the ability, not limiting them, I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

I think the best way to do it is to make it so that level 5 battle machines only have 1 charge, level 10 gives a second charge capacity, and a third one at level 30. This means we aren't as pressured to use the ability as soon as it is available.

As it stands now, not using the ability as soon as it is available means overrall health recovery is not optimal, so you are almost always better off using it as soon as it is available. With this change, storing charges would give the player more choice on when to use it.

This change would require a reduction to health recovery and improved attack charges to make it not overpowered, but the overrall gameplay would get better and more strategic.

I hope this made the original post more clear.
    Yes. This and your edit makes sense to me.

You’re saying you don’t actually lose or limit anything, but you also stored unused activations up to a limit based on BM level. You always have the current activation ready or cycling and maybe a spare and up to three spares. So a button masher like me can still use the ability every 14 seconds, but I won’t be saving any charges if I do that. If I do save up, I can activate those charges at any time meaning I can spam charges back to back or I can conserve them for critical moments.

That’s actually a pretty cool idea since it benefits all with a new builder base attack option without forcing the change upon anyone, or maybe it’s too good? Now that you’ve clarified it, and if I summarized it adequately, I wonder what others think of how strong that would actually be.

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Yes. This and your edit makes sense to me.

You’re saying you don’t actually lose or limit anything, but you also stored unused activations up to a limit based on BM level. You always have the current activation ready or cycling and maybe a spare and up to three spares. So a button masher like me can still use the ability every 14 seconds, but I won’t be saving any charges if I do that. If I do save up, I can activate those charges at any time meaning I can spam charges back to back or I can conserve them for critical moments.

That’s actually a pretty cool idea since it benefits all with a new builder base attack option without forcing the change upon anyone, or maybe it’s too good? Now that you’ve clarified it, and if I summarized it adequately, I wonder what others think of how strong that would actually be.
    I'm not sure how you can get your bm to last long enough to store up charges without using charges. It's an interesting idea but bm charges in where angels fear to tread and gets roasted. Maybe you could start in a far corner and store up two.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Now that you've made it clear what your idea is (which I assumed to be a nerf by limiting the ability of BM), it's pretty nice one.