Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan war no more ties/draws

Fresh Spawn

Clan war no more ties/draws

In clan wars, the first clan to make 100% wins the war. This tiebreaker will end the draws or ties, there’s always a winning clan. This tiebreaker, first to complete the 100%, is fair because waiting for results favors your chancesto win a war. Knowing in advance what score wins you the war, is an incredible advantage. This is now to be weighed against the possibillity of being too late with a perfect score.

Millennial Club
    So, I spin a war and start time where I am is 8pm and all my clan are from the same time zone so we all attack, and get to 100% perfect war.
    The other clan is from all over the world and 1/2 then clan are sleeping at the start but they attack when they wake, but by them, my clan is done, 100%ed and now sleeping.
    The other clan 100% also...
    So tell me how this is fair?n

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH14 | AQ: L80 | BK: 76 | GW 55 | RC: 30| Max Trophies: 5500+

Centennial Club
    Oh not this one again.

Quality of attack, measured in stars, is the decider. If not, quantity of destruction, measured by % destruction, is the decider. If you both tie at the end, consider it fate that both clans are so equally skilled and matched with each other.

Time taken is never the decider in standard wars (this is not BH battles). Being the first to 100% is hugely disadvantageous to those in different timezones. It is a contest of attacking skills, not attacking speed.
    Gonna leave this here so I don't have to search every time someone says "help I can't get in touch with support"

Clash of Clans customer support: https://help.supercellsupport.com/cl...tact-form.html

Banned
    This is exactly how SWC squad wars used to play out. Wars were rigged to start at a certain time.
    If you ended up having all offensive outposts.. my god. "Everyone must be on at the start" players 13,14,15 MUST TAKE OUTPOSTS" Everyone else rush and attack seconds after they are captured. Then police the outposts to make defeat impossible.

First past the post is a horrible system in every situation it's been used.
    This is why they hardly use the Golden Goal rule anymore. Could be the worst case of a terrible team parking the bus and scumming a penalty in the 1st min of extra time and then wins, unjustifiable.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Govert View Post
    In clan wars, the first clan to make 100% wins the war. This tiebreaker will end the draws or ties, there’s always a winning clan. This tiebreaker, first to complete the 100%, is fair because waiting for results favors your chancesto win a war. Knowing in advance what score wins you the war, is an incredible advantage. This is now to be weighed against the possibillity of being too late with a perfect score.
    There is absolutely no possibility whatsoever that this could be considered a reasonable tiebreaker, even if you really believe one to be necessary for some reason (I don't).

There is a reason why we have 24 hours for war day. This change would discriminate very strongly against international clans, and against clans whose members tend to prefer certain times of day.

Adding to timezones, many clans intentionally do late attacks like in last 3/4 hours. All players come on discord, plan and hit together. This will suffer in such case.
    People have lives other than coc also, they go to school/work. I guess in this situation they will be forced to attack early/in haste which wont be favorable always.
    24 hours is the deadline to attack, thats what matters. Now it should be up to a player at what time he chooses to attack.
    So not a good idea.