Results 1 to 10 of 10

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: In-game clan chat

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    266

    In-game clan chat

    As the global was gone for good still clan chat is sometimes become disturbing
    It will be good if all chats get automatically clear after some duration maybe 24 hours or a week
    I know we can do clear chat by some tricks but it will be good its done automatically


    What you all think?

  2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Bakunin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Nothing Ever Lasts Forever
    Posts
    4,069
    Quote Originally Posted by APURV77 View Post
    What you all think?
    Moved to correct subforum


  3. #3
    Pro Member Minley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Always Everywhere
    Posts
    744
    Seems more like a clan problem then something that needs implementation. If there are things you are uncorftable with in the clan, then quit it or don't open clan chat
    You really want some bread? Then go ahead create a set of goals
and cross em off your list as you pursue em

Usnavi

  4. #4
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Ardenweald
    Posts
    156
    OP by disturbing, do you mean it's full of mundane chatter, or is it full of uncomfortable content?

    Other than ignoring it, there's little that you can do other than move clan. Although, I don't see why a personal clan chat clear would be problematic. Of course, I'd question why you would want to be in a clan if you want to ignore clan chat, but I can also see the reasoning why clearing chats would be good.

    Maybe OP is missing out on receiving clan gem gifts due to chat spam.
    Gonna leave this here so I don't have to search every time someone says "help I can't get in touch with support"

    Clash of Clans customer support: https://help.supercellsupport.com/cl...tact-form.html

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
    Define disturbing.

    And if this is in your clan then these are your peers so is the issue you, or your clan?
    No this is not my clan issue
    I am talking about those inactive "anyone can join" clans were year old chats stays as it is
    Even leaders of clans are inactive

    For the word "disturbing" i used i do not know if it have any other meaning than i understood as english is not my native language i can just share my experience
    In 2016 i first tried this game and i was new to online trolls and global chat gave me that experience and i left the game due to fear (i was a kid at that time So believed those fake threats ,now i know online world is like that only )
    Recently i visited a clan and found similar things with inactive leaders and very old clan chats

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupholder View Post
    OP by disturbing, do you mean it's full of mundane chatter, or is it full of uncomfortable content?

    Other than ignoring it, there's little that you can do other than move clan. Although, I don't see why a personal clan chat clear would be problematic. Of course, I'd question why you would want to be in a clan if you want to ignore clan chat, but I can also see the reasoning why clearing chats would be good.

    Maybe OP is missing out on receiving clan gem gifts due to chat spam.
    I can ignore it and i am ignoring it and also it does not affect me now
    Same goes for global chat
    Every group chat requires moderation so if leader and Co-leaders are inactive then either clan should be hidden or chats must cleared frequently automatically.

  7. #7
    Forum Superstar toofinedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    I am toofinedog wherever I am.
    Posts
    3,347
    Quote Originally Posted by APURV77 View Post
    No this is not my clan issue
    I am talking about those inactive "anyone can join" clans were year old chats stays as it is
    Even leaders of clans are inactive

    For the word "disturbing" i used i do not know if it have any other meaning than i understood as english is not my native language i can just share my experience
    In 2016 i first tried this game and i was new to online trolls and global chat gave me that experience and i left the game due to fear (i was a kid at that time So believed those fake threats ,now i know online world is like that only )
    Recently i visited a clan and found similar things with inactive leaders and very old clan chats
    Simple fix: don’t read the chat when you join random, inactive “anyone can join” clans. Why are you joining random, inactive “anyone can join” clans?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Simple fix: don’t read the chat when you join random, inactive “anyone can join” clans. Why are you joining random, inactive “anyone can join” clans?
    This solution/fix would have worked on global chat also
    Anyways i do not have more to say about this i just wanted to say there is something can be done to keep game little more safer for kids

    Or update chat filter with more languages

  9. #9
    Warriors are OP
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by APURV77 View Post
    This solution/fix would have worked on global chat also
    Exactly, And i am still not satisfied with the reasoning of the removal of global chat. Infact same things can be done in any clan chat.

    If they were too serious about chat issues then remove it from clan as well coz it doesn't makes sense by removing only global.
    Last edited by ExploringGalaxy; April 29th, 2021 at 07:41 AM.

  10. #10
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,269
    Quote Originally Posted by APURV77 View Post
    For the word "disturbing" i used i do not know if it have any other meaning than i understood as english is not my native language i can just share my experience
    The word "disturbing" generally has negative connotations depending on how it is used. In your context, "disturbing" could mean inappropriate words, language that is sexual or racist in nature, language that is threatening, etc.

    The word "disturb" can also mean something gets interrupted: "The seemingly motionless water was disturbed by the sharks swimming nearby," or "The children's playing disturbed the old man's nap forcing him awake sooner than he liked."

    Hope that helps.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •