Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Speed up Builder Hall's battles

Speed up Builder Hall's battles

The multiplayer battles of the builder base force us to have to wait for the outcome of the enemy's clash, or obviously ours.

most of the cases the outcome is clear right away,
    do you have to wait?

I think it is possible to avoid it by giving us the result of defeat or victory right away (to those who are spectators), and thus giving the possibility to play a new fight without necessarily having to look at the result of the old one.

Since 99.9% will probably be very tempted to show the bad side of the coin, I think it is appropriate to list some negative aspects of the request before analyzing my possible proposal.

Questionable downsides:

1) hyper-accelerated clashes more than necessary.

The battles in the base builder are already extremely accelerated due to the immediate troops in the camps,
    Would avoid waiting for the outcome of a clash speed up the mechanism even more and therefore would there be imbalances?

I believe that this aspect is not really a problem, the base builder has been elaborated in such a way that it is not the wait that changes the ease in obtaining trophies, just note that the attacks in the base builder as already mentioned are already very fast however, this is not an obstacle at all because those who want to climb can already do it without problems, the only hitch (extremely positive thing) is that climbing increases the difficulty and this is the only obstacle to be able to get to the top of the rankings. In my opinion it is not therefore a few seconds or half minutes more to make the difference and indeed, I believe that it could make the game even more enjoyable and comfortable (encouraging you to play again).

2) technical difficulties in the replay processing system, or the outcome of previous battles.

Is it really possible to start a new fight while a previous one is in progress?

I think so, just think that in war it is possible to attack an enemy village, but the latter obviously belongs to a specific profile that can be attacked simultaneously while offline by any player when the village is defenseless, and equally simultaneously in challenge. It is therefore sufficient to adopt the same mechanism in the event that it has not already been adopted, or with each new attack it is as if a new copy of our village is proposed again, if the thing were to be problematic in development it could put a limit of simultaneous attacks possible, example 2 or 3 possible max. However, I think that in any case the technical side is adjustable.

3) being blocked during a clash by the outcome of a game inevitably lost or won.

Can't the attacks be finished anymore? What about completing the clan missions? Or the simple taste of doing 100%?

No, as mentioned before, only those who have already finished the attack and know that the outcome of the clash has the possibility of obtaining the result of victory with possible loot or defeat with loss of trophies.

4) confusion in understanding the outcome of the battle.

If the attack is still in progress and therefore the percentage and the stars do not yet have a definitive result, how can we understand why we won or lost early?

I think that understanding is possible to make it very immediate, for example one could give the outcome of the battle (won or lost) without specifying the percentage or the stars, the writings that appear as village 75% destroyed, builder hall destroyed, village 50 % destroyed are already a very useful tool, moreover it is possible to see the clarifications in the spectator mode and in any case if you wait for the end of the battle the definitive and precise results would still appear explaining any doubts.
    Last edited by Pingotumbo; April 28th, 2021 at 12:37 AM.

Tollboothwillie
    Use the forums search feature and you can find many threads with discussions on this topic.

Personally, the waiting is no big compared to the way it was waiting for troops to train and bm to regenerate. I would rather they put any bh dev effort into making it truly better. Not wasting dev time to save you from waiting a minute.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Personally, the waiting is no big compared to the way it was waiting for troops to train and bm to regenerate. I would rather they put any bh dev effort into making it truly better. Not wasting dev time to save you from waiting a minute.
    These problems are part of all those tiny annoying problems that make the complex boring, their presence is not necessarily an immediate problem, however after years and habits they contribute to boredom and to stop playing, at the beginning no one complains, but after years you want to talk about it and hopefully to fix it

Quote Originally Posted by Pingotumbo View Post
    These problems are part of all those tiny annoying problems that make the complex boring, their presence is not necessarily an immediate problem, however after years and habits they contribute to boredom and to stop playing, at the beginning no one complains, but after years you want to talk about it and hopefully to fix it
    I would say maxed bases for more than a year with nothing to do is a much more important thing to fix than the occasional wait. I seldom have to wait more than a few seconds on either base. If it is even a couple of minutes, no big. Effort should go to a real fix. Not what can be fixed with a modicum of patience.

I would say maxed bases for more than a year with nothing to do is a much more important thing to fix than the occasional wait. I seldom have to wait more than a few seconds on either base. If it is even a couple of minutes, no big. Effort should go to a real fix. Not what can be fixed with a modicum of patience.
    Of course, they are different problems, the bases with nothing to do are an inevitable problem given the fact that sooner or later the village will be maxed out, even if updates were to be made the problem you are talking about would recur, this does not mean that it is right that it has stood still for more than 2 years , however there are people who have yet to make the attacks or / and have yet to max out the village.
    It is not a competition as to how many problems there are, it is an analysis of a single problem, each problem must be addressed
    Last edited by Pingotumbo; April 28th, 2021 at 01:35 AM.

Of course, they are different problems, the bases with nothing to do are an inevitable problem given the fact that sooner or later the village will be maxed out, even if updates were to be made the problem you are talking about would recur, this does not mean that it is right that it has stood still for more than 2 years , however there are people who have yet to make the attacks or / and have yet to max out the village.
    It is not a competition as to how many problems there are, it is an analysis of a single problem, each problem must be addressed
    Nope. You have limited resources. Every problem (and I don't consider a bit of waiting a problem) does not need to be addressed. You put your resources where you get greatest benefit. Imo, they have done a lot to speed bh attacks. Further effort is better spent in other areas.

Nope. You have limited resources. Every problem (and I don't consider a bit of waiting a problem) does not need to be addressed. You put your resources where you get greatest benefit. Imo, they have done a lot to speed bh attacks. Further effort is better spent in other areas.
    It's called: improving features, there is never an end to improving features, improving features is not a trivial aspect, what makes clash of clans better than the games that have copied it are the features and not the village improvements (there are games in which buildings can be upgraded 40 times), postponing problems until tomorrow because there are bigger ones is precisely why problems like these and many others take years and years to be fixed when upgrading them would require very little effort and improve quality. Also I invite you to talk about what you think they should add or improve about the game in the forum, not to oppose those of others because you believe that yours are more important, in practice this problem for you (which is not there for you but I think which, however, if there were, it would not bother you) it's not good because there are more important problems, following this logic I can also say the same, for me the problem of the village max is a secondary problem compared to a problem that can encounter anyone and not just those few maxed, I also remind you that coc is an EAsports, what matters is not to get to the maxed village but to improve the strategy, the quality of the attacks, of the defense, everything revolves on this and therefore improving the quality of it is more important, watch the pro players when they do their runs, every second wasted is very important for them and it is also for those who like to climb to improve,for those who want to climb by attacking for 2 hours straight, for those who do a lot of attacks to test new defenses and to learn.
    If you are not among these players it does not mean that the problem is not there.
    30 seconds in 10 attacks means losing 300.
    Last edited by Pingotumbo; April 28th, 2021 at 02:23 AM.

Centennial Club
    You cannot know the outcome of whether you win or lose even if you 100% first. Thus your ranking cannot be determined until the battles are over.

There is no getting over this fact. Unless both of you start fighting at the exact same time, finishing 100% first is not a clear winning factor due to the scout time in the beginning.

Any other variations of % destruction will now also go down to the timer as a tie-break.

The ONLY way I can see to end battles sooner, is to implement a surrender button, forfeiting the match and you gifting the win automatically to your opponent. THEN the loss calculations can happen immediately.
    Gonna leave this here so I don't have to search every time someone says "help I can't get in touch with support"

Clash of Clans customer support: https://help.supercellsupport.com/cl...tact-form.html

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    4) confusion in understanding the outcome of the battle.

If the attack is still in progress and therefore the percentage and the stars do not yet have a definitive result, how can we understand why we won or lost early?

I think that understanding is possible to make it very immediate, for example one could give the outcome of the battle (won or lost) without specifying the percentage or the stars, the writings that appear as village 75% destroyed, builder hall destroyed, village 50 % destroyed are already a very useful tool, moreover it is possible to see the clarifications in the spectator mode and in any case if you wait for the end of the battle the definitive and precise results would still appear explaining any doubts.
    This last is the one that matters, and is why it won't happen.

It isn't about whether you are confused about the result or not, it is about whether the system knows.

The only time the system could know the outcome of the battle while it is still going on is if you got 100% while your opponent has already taken more time than you did.

That is quite a small portion of battles, and in all other cases, the system cannot know how many trophies you have until the battle is complete, so cannot correctly match you again.