Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Speed up Builder Hall's battles

Quote Originally Posted by Cupholder View Post
    You cannot know the outcome of whether you win or lose even if you 100% first. Thus your ranking cannot be determined until the battles are over.

There is no getting over this fact. Unless both of you start fighting at the exact same time, finishing 100% first is not a clear winning factor due to the scout time in the beginning.

Any other variations of % destruction will now also go down to the timer as a tie-break.

The ONLY way I can see to end battles sooner, is to implement a surrender button, forfeiting the match and you gifting the win automatically to your opponent. THEN the loss calculations can happen immediately.
    It's not true. You can know the result very well if you are the first at 100% and you finished the attack before him, for example 100% with 2 minutes remaining against the attack in progress but 1 minute and 50 seconds remaining opponents, or you did 0 stars and the enemy has destroyed 50% of your village and the attack is still in progress, or you have made a star and the enemy has already destroyed the Builder hall and 50% of the village, almost always you already know the result and do not c 'you need to wait to see the outcome.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pingotumbo View Post
    It's not true.

You can know the result very well if you are the first at 100% and you finished the attack before him, for example 100% with 2 minutes remaining against the attack in progress but 1 minute and 50 seconds remaining opponents
    That part is exactly what I said.

, or you did 0 stars and the enemy has destroyed 50% of your village and the attack is still in progress, or you have made a star and the enemy has already destroyed the Builder hall and 50% of the village, almost always you already know the result and do not c 'you need to wait to see the outcome.
    True, I did miss the situation where your opponent already has more damage than you did, when you know you have lost.

It still seems unlikely that SC will add in code to allow you to start another battle just in those circumstances where the outcome is known. It would add a fair amount of complexity for little benefit - and could be open to what they may see as abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    This last is the one that matters, and is why it won't happen.

It isn't about whether you are confused about the result or not, it is about whether the system knows.
    So the problem is solvable because it is easy to calculate

the only time the system could know the outcome of the battle while it is still going on is if you got 100% while your opponent has already taken more time than you did.
    As in the previous comment, there are many cases in which we already know, precisely most, it is a mathematical factor, we cannot be uncertain, it is very easy to calculate:
    You have 0 stars and the opponent has made a star, you have 1 star and the opponent has made 2, you have the same number of stars and the opponent has just passed you in percentage destruction, you have 3 stars and the time it took you it is already less than the opponent's ongoing attack.

is quite a small portion of battles, and in all other cases, the system cannot know how many trophies you have until the battle is complete, so cannot correctly match you again.
    No, the cases are the majority , the only cases in which it is necessary to wait for a precise threshold are when the destruction percentage has not yet been exceeded and the attack is underway by the enemy, when you have already done 100% but the time taken is currently greater than the enemy's current time. These are cases in which the system does not have to do is not give the result until this time and / or percentage threshold is exceeded. As for the trophies to be earned, they are already on the table at the start of the attack exactly like in the normal battles in the base village.
    Last edited by Pingotumbo; April 28th, 2021 at 08:56 AM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Pingotumbo View Post
    It's not true. You can know the result very well if you are the first at 100% and you finished the attack before him, for example 100% with 2 minutes remaining against the attack in progress but 1 minute and 50 seconds remaining opponents, or you did 0 stars and the enemy has destroyed 50% of your village and the attack is still in progress, or you have made a star and the enemy has already destroyed the Builder hall and 50% of the village, almost always you already know the result and do not c 'you need to wait to see the outcome.
    I stand corrected. However, this situation is an outlier and not a regular occurrence. In my own experience, I've rarely 100% a BH base before they start their attack, so I am not sure how representative of overall players' experiences. It might be beneficial for those at lower trophies/BH, where players are beating up on lower BH or you're on the receiving end of a beating.

I would guess that the game can calculate the end result once all troops have been dropped, but that doesn't include for variables like BM skill activations: those clutch skill activations have been attack-savers, albeit on super rare occasions. I wouldn't like the computer to calculate my loss in advance, before I finished my attack, no matter how I screwed up. Each attack is a learning process.

But I would argue that for all the time it would potentially take to code in something like this, I would rather the team to spend it coding something else worthwhile instead of this. The literal seconds it would save simply isn't worth the outlay in my opinion.
    Gonna leave this here so I don't have to search every time someone says "help I can't get in touch with support"

Clash of Clans customer support: https://help.supercellsupport.com/cl...tact-form.html

Millennial Club
    I am just amazed that this wait is such a big concern.
    The wait is at most no more then few minutes... but usually a minute or less....
    But the time you check your chat, donate or start cook some troops, it’s done.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH14 | AQ: L80 | BK: 76 | GW 55 | RC: 30| Max Trophies: 5500+

It still seems unlikely that SC will add in code to allow you to start another battle just in those circumstances where the outcome is known. It would add a fair amount of complexity for little benefit - and could be open to what they may see as abuse.
    I understand your concern. I would just like to point out that the thing is much simpler than you think, just like now when the system evaluates the final result, it is enough to evaluate instead that the final result is the the overcome of the destruction threshold and time given by the attack finished before .
    Last edited by Pingotumbo; April 28th, 2021 at 09:33 AM.