Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Silver, Gold Pass, How about Crsytall Pass

Centennial Club
    Personally, if there was another hypothetical tier of pass, I'd have it unlock extra cosmetic stuff only. Can leave the current monthly Hero skins on the Gold Pass, but another tier just for other/rarer cosmetics... I'd pay for that.

If there is enough demand for it, I don't see why it wouldn't be workable, since it isn't P2W content.
    Gonna leave this here so I don't have to search every time someone says "help I can't get in touch with support"

Clash of Clans customer support: https://help.supercellsupport.com/cl...tact-form.html

Humming "The Soft Goodbye" Please see my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    We're really not a fan of the idea of creating a higher paid tier. The cost of the Gold Pass was actually carefully strategized over and the value you receive from it far outweighs the cost of the pass. The idea of creating a higher cost pass feels like it makes the rewards feel less valuable and more P2W even if that isn't the case.
    Indeed, perception of the value of the Crystal Pass will be problematic if it were to create a wider divide between the haves and have-nots.
    Dedicating "The Soft Goodbye" to the Supercell forums and the people who made it an awesome community, the brightest star in the evening sky.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDVgb4pJMdI

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupholder View Post
    Personally, if there was another hypothetical tier of pass, I'd have it unlock extra cosmetic stuff only. Can leave the current monthly Hero skins on the Gold Pass, but another tier just for other/rarer cosmetics... I'd pay for that.

If there is enough demand for it, I don't see why it wouldn't be workable, since it isn't P2W content.
    For cosmetics items, there is already separate offer for you to purchase. Having the cosmetic offer on top on Gold Pass doesn't make any sense, because I may not want the Gold Pass or Hero Skins offered in that season, but I may want the rare cosmetics offer (e.g Champion King skin).

It could add unique things like perks for a number of instant attacks daily (no regeneration - training waiting). Stuff like that wich is just a quality but not an advantage.
    Last edited by dpgza; April 28th, 2021 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    Indeed, perception of the value of the Crystal Pass will be problematic if it were to create a wider divide between the haves and have-nots.
    I personally am used to and don't mind being a have-not. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    Let’s keep CoC as it is - ads free and the gold pass at a reasonable price
    I quite like the idea of unannounced advertisements triggering 1 minute into a war attack. Would make a great April Fools gag.

Banned
    South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeakyTeaPot View Post
    I quite like the idea of unannounced advertisements triggering 1 minute into a war attack. Would make a great April Fools gag.
    Haha, something like “You’ve already deployed 50% of your army, watch 1 minute advertisement if you want to deploy the rest”

Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    Haha, something like “You’ve already deployed 50% of your army, watch 1 minute advertisement if you want to deploy the rest”
    Or go with the amazon model, drop your queen and a popup says "Customers using the archer queen also were also likely to use 5 healers. Click here to deploy 5 healers."

Quote Originally Posted by Cupholder View Post

What quantity of new cosmetics per month would it take to make this hypothetical extra tier viable?.
    1 new item?.. 2 items?.. several?.. Seems like a lot of time and work would have to go into producing cosmetics, month after month after month..
    Are we talking skins or decorations?.. where would we put it all?

Originally Posted by Rizzob
    Or go with the amazon model, drop your queen and a popup says "Customers using the archer queen also were also likely to use 5 healers. Click here to deploy 5 healers."

lol.. it would likely suggest goblins if it followed the Amazon suggestions, going off my previous experience.

Last edited by joshsgrandad; April 28th, 2021 at 10:22 PM.

Humming "The Soft Goodbye" Please see my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unobservr View Post
    I personally am used to and don't mind being a have-not. Just saying.
    Haves and have-nots applies also to opportunities to partcipate. Let's imagine a scenario in which Team Clash of Clans will donate x amount of monies to a worthy charity if we Clashers were to buy a new limited edition skin. Great idea but the drawback is only players using iOS devices may buy the skin. For whatever reason, Android users will be excluded from the offer and the Clash community divided into two camps: the haves and have-nots.

Of course Team Clash of Clans won't make this limited edition skin to iOS players only because they learned from the public relations fiasco created by Team Hay Day when they tried it many years ago when Supercell was a young company. IIRC, Team HD partnered with the World Wildlife Fund and promised to match our donations to the WWF if we bought the diamond package to get a limited edition decoration. Sadly, this offer was made to only iOS players so Android players were excluded from participating. And I don't recall the reason given or if it was given at all.

We HD players have a reputation for being chillaxed, but I wouldn't describe the negative feedback to the HD subforum about the limited decoration as chillaxed back then. The forum moderators had their hands full with our vigorous responses.
    Last edited by LynnK2015; April 28th, 2021 at 10:57 PM.
    Dedicating "The Soft Goodbye" to the Supercell forums and the people who made it an awesome community, the brightest star in the evening sky.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDVgb4pJMdI