Results 1 to 10 of 10

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan Leadership Transferred

  1. #1
    New Bloke/Chick
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    47

    Clan Leadership Transferred

    Hey there, I wanted to say that I was the leader of a clan for long and I stopped playing sometime ago because most of my clan members, who happened to be my real life friends too, quit playing the game. Everyone got busy with college and jobs. We all left at that time as the clan went very inactive. Now that some of us decided to come back, we found that the clan leadership was transferred to some member who might have had a co-leader or elder role. We didn't know a thing like leadership transfer when inactive for 90 days existed. When asked to change the leader back, they refused. Is it fair for someone to claim all the clan for themselves when we spent so much efforts in the past to get that clan to level 8. Can the leadership be set back to the rightful owner? I don't think this is justified in any way that the guys who started the clan are demoted to Elders and Members just because they went inactive for some time because of personal and professional reasons. We'd be really grateful to you if you help us. Thank you.

  2. #2
    Tollboothwillie
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TwelveFaz View Post
    Hey there, I wanted to say that I was the leader of a clan for long and I stopped playing sometime ago because most of my clan members, who happened to be my real life friends too, quit playing the game. Everyone got busy with college and jobs. We all left at that time as the clan went very inactive. Now that some of us decided to come back, we found that the clan leadership was transferred to some member who might have had a co-leader or elder role. We didn't know a thing like leadership transfer when inactive for 90 days existed. When asked to change the leader back, they refused. Is it fair for someone to claim all the clan for themselves when we spent so much efforts in the past to get that clan to level 8. Can the leadership be set back to the rightful owner? I don't think this is justified in any way that the guys who started the clan are demoted to Elders and Members just because they went inactive for some time because of personal and professional reasons. We'd be really grateful to you if you help us. Thank you.
    The only thing you can do is ask for it back which you have an answer for. This leader demotion was added a couple years ago due to the large amount of leaderless clans begging for something to be done.

    This is the players forum and we have no control over your clan than you do. SC has even said they don't get involved in clan management issues.
    Last edited by Tollboothwillie; April 26th, 2021 at 08:10 PM.

  3. #3
    Forum Veteran Rizzob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Over there ---->
    Posts
    1,513
    Quote Originally Posted by TwelveFaz View Post
    When asked to change the leader back, they refused.
    This is because SC never gets involved in clan matters.

    Quote Originally Posted by TwelveFaz View Post
    Is it fair for someone to claim all the clan for themselves when we spent so much efforts in the past to get that clan to level 8.
    I think it's more fair than having a clan leader that has abandoned their clan.

    Quote Originally Posted by TwelveFaz View Post
    I don't think this is justified in any way that the guys who started the clan are demoted to Elders and Members just because they went inactive for some time because of personal and professional reasons.
    It's perfectly justified, IMO. Consider your clanmates, and how you left them with a bad clan experience when you and the other co-leaders abandoned the clan. The clan does not belong to you, it belongs to SC, and is meant to serve the players in the clan, not the leader.

    Quote Originally Posted by TwelveFaz View Post
    We'd be really grateful to you if you help us. Thank you.
    It looks like you think this is a support site - we are not support and cannot help - we are players just like you.

  4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by TwelveFaz View Post
    Hey there, I wanted to say that I was the leader of a clan for long and I stopped playing sometime ago because most of my clan members, who happened to be my real life friends too, quit playing the game. Everyone got busy with college and jobs. We all left at that time as the clan went very inactive. Now that some of us decided to come back, we found that the clan leadership was transferred to some member who might have had a co-leader or elder role. We didn't know a thing like leadership transfer when inactive for 90 days existed. When asked to change the leader back, they refused. Is it fair for someone to claim all the clan for themselves when we spent so much efforts in the past to get that clan to level 8.
    It is completely fair.

    Much more fair than your action in just leaving the clan in the lurch with no leader for several months. In fact fro what you say, maybe even a year or two.

    Leadership only ever transfers automatically to co-leaders or elders, and only then if you have not logged on at all for a whole three months.


    Can the leadership be set back to the rightful owner?
    Not to what you wrongly believe to be the "Rightful owner", no.

    All you can do is ask the current leader to give you leadership back.


    I don't think this is justified in any way that the guys who started the clan are demoted to Elders and Members just because they went inactive for some time because of personal and professional reasons.
    You think wrong.

    If a clan is left leaderless for many months, it is totally justified to pass the leadership on to somebody else senior in the clan. If you didn't want that to happen, you could just have logged on once every 90 days. Or you could have passed the leadership to somebody you trusted to give it back, before you left.

    We'd be really grateful to you if you help us. Thank you.
    Nobody here has any power to help you, even if we wanted to.

    And there is zero chance that Supercell support will, since this change was brought in precisley to help clans left leaderless by people like you.

  5. #5
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    This is because SC never gets involved in clan matters.
    If this statement was true, the OP would not be here posting and he would still be the leader.

    Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH14 | AQ: L80 | BK: 76 | GW 55 | RC: 30| Max Trophies: 5500+

  6. #6
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    You think wrong.

    If a clan is left leaderless for many months, it is totally justified to pass the leadership on to somebody else senior in the clan. If you didn't want that to happen, you could just have logged on once every 90 days. Or you could have passed the leadership to somebody you trusted to give it back, before you left.
    Who gives you any greater thought power to tell someone what they think is wrong? You may be a Mod but that doesn’t make your opinion the right one... yours is just another opinion...

    Of course you can disagree and say, “I think you are wrong” and then, as you did, give reasonable justification to why you think this, but to just tell someone outright they are wrong is an appalling post.

    Is it any wonder the forums are going down in numbers when some of the moderators post like this...

    Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH14 | AQ: L80 | BK: 76 | GW 55 | RC: 30| Max Trophies: 5500+

  7. #7
    Forum Contender joshsgrandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    4,998
    Quote Originally Posted by vansimon View Post
    Who gives you any greater thought power to tell someone what they think is wrong? You may be a Mod but that doesn’t make your opinion the right one... yours is just another opinion...

    Of course you can disagree and say, “I think you are wrong” and then, as you did, give reasonable justification to why you think this, but to just tell someone outright they are wrong is an appalling post.

    Is it any wonder the forums are going down in numbers when some of the moderators post like this...
    And you waited a week to post a reply?.. Almost as if people were looking to point the blame at someone.

    I think the demise of community forum can be reflected in society as a whole..
    In order to maintain society, then discipline is required to keep order, and this involves setting and enforcing rules..
    Without it, order breaks down.. I see it all the time in my neighborhood.

    But lots of people in general dont like the constraints involved with maintaining order, and following rules and guidelines..
    Community forum numbers are going down, and the lesser moderated, or more lenient media sites are growing..

    Do you really think any individuals are personally responsible for that, other than doing their jobs as moderators, and maintaining a more user friendly environment?

    So sure, anyone whom posts does so simply as a forum member, unless it is in conjunction with their official capacity..
    And sure, anyone can and should pull someone up if they disagree, or think they overstepped the mark..

    But no.. Lets not start pointing the finger of blame..
    Forum is heading for a sunset..
    I dont like it, but it is what it is..

    But I also think that if stored up vitriol begins to get poured out, and scorn is cast upon those individuals whom give up their time voluntarily to prevent forums from descending into a cesspit.. Then SC would be better to just pull the plug now and be done with it.

  8. #8
    Forum Veteran Rizzob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Over there ---->
    Posts
    1,513
    Quote Originally Posted by vansimon View Post
    If this statement was true, the OP would not be here posting and he would still be the leader.
    Perhaps I should have said "support" rather than "SC" in this case - but once they set this rule, they otherwise stay out of clan matters.

  9. #9
    Senior Member NattensNinjaerJakob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    354
    I have a co-Leader profile in a clan where the leader has gone inactive.
    Yesterday I got a automated clan mail saying that the leader has been inactive for 60 days and if he does not log in within the next 30 days someone else will be made the new leader of the clan. That is all good.
    What I am uncertain about is who will be the new leader? In the mail a co-leaders name is mentioned but that co-leader is also inactive for 60 days or more. Is it true that leadership will be transferred to a co-leader who is also inactive or will an active co-leader get the leadership? And in that case, how is “active” defined?

  10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
    Active is defined as having logged in at some point in the last 90 days.

    AIUI, leadership will only transfer to an "active" co-leader or elder - but they may class as active now, while still not necessarily classing as such in another 30 days, so although the message specifies them, it may end up being another.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •