Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Add a yellow Im upgrading option to war preference.

  1. #1
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    138

    Add a yellow Im upgrading option to war preference.

    Many clans have a dont war without heroes policy. I thought it might be useful to have a 3rd option for clan war preferences.

    Green - Im in.
    Yellow - I can attack but have a hero upgrading.
    Red - I cant attack.

    As we now have 4 heroes to upgrade and most clans want you to be available for the CWL. It ends up with a lot of people going red between CWL to upgrade heroes making it difficult to get enough people together to start a war.

    In normal wars you can get away with having a few people upgrading. They can dip and you have 2 attacks each to cover them. So I think it would be useful to be able to pick a couple of people on yellow status to make up the numbers for a war. A little bit easier than trying to find out if the 30 clan members who are currently red are just upgrading heroes or really away.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    55
    I like it. I'm not sure about calling it "I'm upgrading" though. Although I can't think of any other good reason to set that status for war.

  3. #3
    Senior Member kylorayker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by WandyRatson View Post
    I like it. I'm not sure about calling it "I'm upgrading" though. Although I can't think of any other good reason to set that status for war.
    I would set my mini account to that, if it were an option. I can always make attacks with it if we include it on the roster, but am happy to have it sit out to make room for other participants. Goes along well with the idea of leaders & coleaders being able to force a reset for clan members on their war status that I've seen on here a few times. +1 from me to the idea.
    Check out My Village

  4. #4
    Forum Superstar toofinedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    I am toofinedog wherever I am.
    Posts
    3,347
    Schrdinger's war opt status: Is this clasher opted in or opted out?

  5. #5
    Millennial Club Giorgakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Making Cannon suffer
    Posts
    1,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Traimus View Post
    Many clans have a dont war without heroes policy. I thought it might be useful to have a 3rd option for clan war preferences.

    Green - Im in.
    Yellow - I can attack but have a hero upgrading.
    Red - I cant attack.

    As we now have 4 heroes to upgrade and most clans want you to be available for the CWL. It ends up with a lot of people going red between CWL to upgrade heroes making it difficult to get enough people together to start a war.

    In normal wars you can get away with having a few people upgrading. They can dip and you have 2 attacks each to cover them. So I think it would be useful to be able to pick a couple of people on yellow status to make up the numbers for a war. A little bit easier than trying to find out if the 30 clan members who are currently red are just upgrading heroes or really away.
    Why restrict it to just Heroes? Shouldn't this also apply to upgrading Spell Factories?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Giorgakis View Post
    Why restrict it to just Heroes? Shouldn't this also apply to upgrading Spell Factories?
    I've just was about to write it.

  7. #7
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Giorgakis View Post
    Why restrict it to just Heroes? Shouldn't this also apply to upgrading Spell Factories?
    Yes, that definately also makes sense.
    Maybe even hero pets upgrading if they are a super competitive clan.

  8. #8
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    152
    Better than setting the option manually, Supercell should add upgrading icons for critical buildings/heroes. Would save a lot of headache for leaders+coleaders

  9. #9
    FORUM MOM MommySnooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Lurking somewhere. Why cant we smirk in here?
    Posts
    1,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny14 View Post
    Better than setting the option manually, Supercell should add upgrading icons for critical buildings/heroes. Would save a lot of headache for leaders+coleaders
    I like both ideas, because the manual option would give us an indication at a glance from the war selection screen, while the upgrading icons would still require a look at everyones bases or profiles.

    But it would be a good backup to have upgrading icons that automatically display, for some who forget to change their settings manually.
    Last edited by MommySnooks; April 26th, 2021 at 04:48 PM.


    Thanks TerM!

    Got kinda worried snooks might be gf, but seems there's no gf in the set-up so she is absolutely confirmed.
    -Ninja

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •