Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Automated farming rampant in lower leagues

  1. #1
    Centennial Club PUREAWE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Czechia
    Posts
    110

    Exclamation Automated farming rampant in lower leagues

    There is some regular botting again at th14 at low leagues (Crystal-Master) going on. I get often hit by gibarch, with troops getting placed around the edges in perfectly straight regular lines (identical places between troops). Some of these attackers have over a thousand attacks this season already. If this gets through the bot-spotting radar, what will happen when more advanced bots appear and start creating accounts? Please set up some monster bot fighting team and save the game.

  2. #2
    Village Maiden
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    499
    100 percent, and after 8 years of this I have 0 faith they will ever be able to slow them down. And super gobs have only made the situation 100x worse

    When you see people with 2000 plus attacks won, itís pretty obvious to tell whatís going on. Not sure why they canít figure out how to stop this. Itís super deflating to know this is going on
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; April 26th, 2021 at 01:29 PM.

  3. #3
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Climbing Mt. Ebott
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by PUREAWE View Post
    If this gets through the bot-spotting radar, what will happen when more advanced bots appear and start creating accounts?
    Could you explain what this statement means? I was under the impression that botting was used to automate farming for an account. What is a "more advanced bot"? Would they essentially play the game by themselves? If so, I don't think you should be concerned. That day is still far off.

  4. #4
    Village Maiden
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    499
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostentatious View Post
    Could you explain what this statement means? I was under the impression that botting was used to automate farming for an account. What is a "more advanced bot"? Would they essentially play the game by themselves? If so, I don't think you should be concerned. That day is still far off.
    What are you talking about, are you lost?

  5. #5
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Climbing Mt. Ebott
    Posts
    597
    Yes, I was asking about the quoted statement, because I am lost there.

  6. #6
    Village Maiden
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    499
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostentatious View Post
    Yes, I was asking about the quoted statement, because I am lost there.
    I understood exactly what he was saying, are you denying the problem that exists? I have 6 th 14s and Iím regularly being attacked by these bots. People with over 2 to 3 thousand attacks won. Online 24/7 farming and yet nothing seems to happen to them

  7. #7
    Forum Elder Colin94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostentatious View Post
    Could you explain what this statement means? I was under the impression that botting was used to automate farming for an account. What is a "more advanced bot"? Would they essentially play the game by themselves? If so, I don't think you should be concerned. That day is still far off.
    There are bots that just drop troops in a line on all sides at the same time and there are bots that use image recognition to find specific buildings, act more natural and even use more difficult trophy pushing armies instead of gibarch. I guess that's what he means.

  8. #8
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Climbing Mt. Ebott
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by farenhawk View Post
    I understood exactly what he was saying, are you denying the problem that exists? I have 6 th 14s and I’m regularly being attacked by these bots. People with over 2 to 3 thousand attacks won. Online 24/7 farming and yet nothing seems to happen to them
    Nowhere did I deny that botting is an issue. I am questioning the validity of the statement that bots will be advanced enough to do proper trophy pushing armies. While of course against TOS I would be extremely impressed if someone manages to pull it off.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by PUREAWE View Post
    There is some regular botting again at th14 at low leagues (Crystal-Master) going on. I get often hit by gibarch, with troops getting placed around the edges in perfectly straight regular lines (identical places between troops). Some of these attackers have over a thousand attacks this season already. If this gets through the bot-spotting radar, what will happen when more advanced bots appear and start creating accounts? Please set up some monster bot fighting team and save the game.
    I do wish SC would do more against bots, issue ban waves more often, etc. However, remember there is no bot-spotting radar that they get through as you describe. SC intentionally doesnít do it that way because it would allow the cheaters to test programs to figure out what gets caught and what doesnít. Instead, SC compiles the info and then issues a big ban wave now and then. Hopefully, some of the cheaters you reference will get caught in the wave and permanently lose their accounts in the next few months.
    Last edited by 2222; April 25th, 2021 at 03:12 PM.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by farenhawk View Post
    What are you talking about, are you lost?
    Most of us who have a clue woud be lost regarding any meaning behind the original statement.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •