Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Troop idea - Builder Drill

New Troop idea - Builder Drill

This troop would be underground, it would be a drilling machine filled with builders. It would target defense. When deployed it goes underground to the nearest defense and once it gets there a number of builders pop out and deconstruct the defense quickly as they are masters of their craft, then they would run above ground to the next closest defense. Builders are able to repair now after the update so let them do some destruction on offense as well.

I really like this idea! I would see it well together with miners and hogs. I would make a small change it would be a beautiful war machine, when it goes deep it cannot be hit but as soon as it comes to the surface it suffers damage both the drill and the builders deconstructors, if the builders destroy the defense they should go back on the drill and start again towards another defense, as damage additionally, I would include mini earthquakes caused by the drill. in this way it would be essential to protect the machine for longer. Did I mention I like it as an idea? 🤣

Thanks, I'm not sure how many builders would pop out, or how many hit point or destruction damage they would have to keep balance, but I feel like the game needs another underground troop and this one could be used as support for many different attacks.

I picture it looking something like the ninja turtles drill vehicle from the 90's

I like the mini earthquake idea with the drill too
    Last edited by FlexyMcRoid; April 23rd, 2021 at 09:51 PM.

Centennial Club
    I think this idea could work but as a Siege Machine.

I like this idea, though. Could be nice to see it in the game.

Open 24 Hours
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    I liked this idea too.
    +1.

I could see them being useful with hybrid, or for sniping off defense for a variety of other attacks

Centennial Club
    Solid idea. I like it with builders better, but it could also tie in with miners given the similar underground routing.

I think the Builder Drill could make a go of it, bigtime.

This idea definitely needs some reconstruction, although I donít think itís a terrible idea. That being said, I donít think a new troop addition. It should be worked into a siege somehow, where the more damage it takes the more builders drop. (Increased by level maybe). Not exactly sure on how it it work but something like the yeti I assume. Overall I donít hate the idea, but also think it needs some adjustment.

I have thought about it more, what if the drill targets defense and causes damage once it pops up above ground and starts hitting the defense, and once the drill is destroyed a builder pops out and starts deconstructing the nearest defense until death. If the drill survives destroying a defense it goes back underground to the next nearest defense. Something like the drill doing 100 damage with 1000HP and the builder that pops out doing 200 damage with 600 HP. I still think this could work as an underground troop