Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan Games not worth the effort anymore

Trainee

Angry Clan Games not worth the effort anymore

Clan Game challenges offer very little reward the last 3 times and the amount of effort required to unlock the mediocre rewards is also not helping either.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    If you find that it is not "worth it", then don't do them. Your choice.

Plenty of others are finding them well worthwhile, judging from the comments in the sticky.

"This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper" T S Eliot
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    .... the mediocre rewards is also not helping either.
    That is a very subjective statement. Many will see it in within their own highly parochial view, which they themselves covet. For me, after seeing months, and months, and months of Hero Books which I had no use for at that time (do now), I am elated the Book of Building is offered this month, for it is that which I coveted most.

The game cannot, nor should not, be designed around one particular player. Each of us, within our own view, will see good months, and bad.

I am with the guys on this..
    We participate by choice.. Or we could give it a miss.

TBF, our clan is a mixed bag of war enthusiasts, casual farmers, folk looking for the social experience, and others simply wanting to be in a clan with no pressure to do anything at all..
    Clan games is the only time almost everyone can pursue a common goal..
    Anyone TH6 or above can add further purpose to their farming, or push towards top tier as preferred, all in the name of clan wide prosperity and unity..

It dont really matter to us what prizes are on offer, how quickly one can amass 4k individual points, or 50k as a unit..
    They are just a bonus..
    It brings everyone together for 6 days per month.. And everyone is expected to complete at least one challenge solely for this purpose.

CWL is our other clan wide experience, but since the format lends itself better to heavier accounts, it is beyond the ability/range of much of our membership.
    I like the ideals behind cg.. Was a good addition to the game.. Is even better with the addition of the 4k individual bonus.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; April 23rd, 2021 at 04:55 PM.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    Clan Game challenges offer very little reward the last 3 times and the amount of effort required to unlock the mediocre rewards is also not helping either.
    On my 2nd account (th13) I did a challenge for 1K points and several others for 500 or 600 points too.

Several clan mates of mine hit the 4K point cap in about an hour or two. Not sure why you think the effort to unlock the rewards is difficult...maybe somewhat of a hassle, but certainly not all that difficult.

If you are finding it difficult to complete cg challenges, try doing the builder base ones. You can easily knock out 6-8 challenges in about 60 minutes and gain 2-3K points; not much effort at all.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    If you are finding it difficult to complete cg challenges, try doing the builder base ones. You can easily knock out 6-8 challenges in about 60 minutes and gain 2-3K points; not much effort at all.
    If only that were true. I spent about 20 minutes on a single challenge because I went on a nasty 7-game losing streak. I just needed to win one more game!

Centennial Club
    It's all about the challenges you choose. With the right challenges, it's not hard to hit max very quickly if you're willing to sacrifice a few trophies and don't focus on loot too much. On the other hand, if you're not willing to yield on that stuff, it's going to be a tougher climb. As far as the OP goes, have to agree with the other folks above, if it's not worth it for you then you can absolutely take a pass. We're all here to have fun, and we get there in different ways.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostentatious View Post
    If only that were true. I spent about 20 minutes on a single challenge because I went on a nasty 7-game losing streak. I just needed to win one more game!
    Ouch!

Lots of high level bhs like to hang out really low just so they can max cgs in an hour or 2 doing only bb challenges.

Of course, the higher in trophies you are the longer some challenges may take.

Yea. I don't think Ive ever maxed points. Ive been noticing a trend of harder and more time consuming challenges or challenges that require quicker troop training with potions or gems.. By design I'm sure. I've been trying for an hour to get 3 stars with those BH minions. Lol. Man does that side of the game need a serious rework. If it wasnt for CG Id never visit.
    Last edited by Mudbugs; April 26th, 2021 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FMdC92 View Post
    Don't try to understand the forums. It's a magical land of disagreement and ego self-inflation. Keep your head down and try to survive..

Millennial Club
    I’m curious what you need to be put on offer to make it worth your effort?
    What realistic 2 rewards on offer in the top tier would make it worth it for you?

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH14 | AQ: L80 | BK: 76 | GW 55 | RC: 30| Max Trophies: 5500+