Thread: idea for building reduction

idea for building reduction

idea for building reduction It is clear that as the evolution of the TH progresses, the amount of buildings is becoming excessive. With the introduction of troops such as electric dragons or super wizards and recently the owl, having buildings too close is becoming counterproductive and the more buildings and walls increase the less space there will be and this will make it increasingly mandatory or convenient to use troops as super wizards and electric dragons. all this is causing problems in the realization of the bases and it becomes more and more difficult to make anti dragon and super wizard bases. My idea is to unite all the camps in one in order to save precious spaces, obviously the life of this would be the sum of the life of all the camps. if desired, this upgrade could be inserted only at Th 13 and 14, similarly to what happens for the mortar, cannon and archer tower; you could give the choice of uniting all the camps into one by means of a lever, in this way everyone will have the possibility to create their own strategy. if you join the camps it will also be necessary to reassess the time for the attack, the ideal would be to remove 2 seconds for each camp joined.

I would proceed like this.

1 upgrade to a single camp through the chief builder, this would create a lever that if activated will unite and transform the camps into one, the time needed for the attack that the opponent will have will decrease by 2 seconds for each united camp.

2 you can upgrade each camp and by activating the levers you can decide how many camps to join, the opponent's attack time will decrease by two seconds for each camp joined. this system can also be used for resource extractors and would result in a great saving of space and the possibility of modifying the bases in various ways.

I understand that every building is precious, if you continue to add new buildings it will come to a point where there will be no space for even a piece of wall, so I am convinced that joining existing buildings would give the possibility to add other new buildings. without upsetting the game or increasing the size of the game square. what do you think?

How about instead of combining camps with levers, shrink them to a 2x2 space each if real estate is an issue. That would effectively decrease a camp’s area by 75%, then you could literally combine them by placing them nearby to occupy the same space as one camp currently does, or you can spread them around and place them in smaller areas. A camp structure is basically a campfire with some gravel and grass around it, and there’s already grass on the ground. Troops already wander outside of the area of the camp’s footprint, so I see no downside to making them smaller without doing anything as technical as you suggested.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    ...A camp structure is basically a campfire with some gravel and grass around it, and thereís already grass on the ground. Troops already wander outside of the area of the campís footprint, so I see no downside to making them smaller without doing anything as technical as you suggested.
    Army camps aren't quite as straightforward as other buildings.

From the wiki:

"...Army Camps have a unique hitbox, unlike other buildings. That means that attacking troops will have to walk right to the center where the campfire is located in order to attack the Army Camp..."

This might explain why SC opted for 4x4 and retaining most of this feature, as opposed to going for 3x3 and reducing it much more? I don't know if that's the case, but the feature does influence pathing.