Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How can I record my cell phone screen?

For iphone just swipe up and click the circle

Quote Originally Posted by LordClannabis View Post
    For iphone just swipe up and click the circle
    Depending on the iPhone. On mine, the control center is swiping down from the top right, and you have to add screen recording in the main settings if not already there.

You can download one of the many screen recording and video editing apps on Google Play store.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    If on Android using Google Play, Google has a built in game recorder. Open Google Play (green controller icon), under "Continue playing" section on the main menu, select Clash of Clans which takes you to the Clash panel. In the upper right, look for a camera icon, tap it!
    I just checked it and works for me. I didn't know this feature..👍

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Ah yes, you are correct, it is the Play Games app. And as you noted, apparently it has to be a supported device: https://support.google.com/googlepla.../6274965?hl=en. But, now I learned something new, thank you! Did not know Game Booster also offered a recorder. Looks like we may actually have multiple native recording options!
    I just checked this out and was concerned about this message (re: google play games):

Last edited by Tahoe; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:50 AM.

Thank You TerMinus for the awesome sig!

Screenshot/save what you value on the forum!

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    I just checked this out and was concerned about this message (re: google play games):
    But that is inherent in any screen recording on your device. If any sensitive information is shown on screen, it WILL be recorded. That is unavoidable.

You need to either make sure all notifications are turned off while recording, or if anything sensitive does pop up, edit the recording afterwards before letting anybody else see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    But that is inherent in any screen recording on your device. If any sensitive information is shown on screen, it WILL be recorded. That is unavoidable.

You need to either make sure all notifications are turned off while recording, or if anything sensitive does pop up, edit the recording afterwards before letting anybody else see it.
    Thanks Ajax. I was mostly concerned with the "or played from your device" statement.

Thanks Ajax. I was mostly concerned with the "or played from your device" statement.
    imagine you have a recording of a conversation with your doctor playing on your phone while screen recording or having conversation with your bank on the phone while screen recording
    Last edited by Doddsyuk; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:53 PM.
    COC MAIN: Max TH13 Clash Profile
    COC SECOND: less that 40 walls left to max TH13 Clash profile
    COC THIRD: Working on TH13 Clash profile

With ‘native’ options from Android or iOS, I would also not be concerned.

Meanwhile this doesn’t apply to 3rd party apps, like some keyboard layouts, or recording apps, where the privacy settings may include to share content with the app owner (or its affiliates or 3rd parties).
    It was the case a few years ago, I downloaded an app, and it requested to have access to all my keyboard datalog, and be able to share it with its servers. This may seem innocuous or required (as it was for a live translation app) but very risky as all your passwords for example are stored in your keyboard log (and all texts typed). It was not (and still is not) explicit to me as to what portion of the log was rendered accessible.
    I decided, even with the remoteness of being a target for such invasion and of using that information, to not give the required access.

As a conclusion: always make sure to understand what you install on your device(s) and to know what privacy rules apply; or just avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddsyuk View Post
    imagine you have a recording of a conversation with your doctor playing on your phone while screen recording or having conversation with your bank on the phone while screen recording
    Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    With ‘native’ options from Android or iOS, I would also not be concerned.

Meanwhile this doesn’t apply to 3rd party apps, like some keyboard layouts, or recording apps, where the privacy settings may include to share content with the app owner (or its affiliates or 3rd parties).
    It was the case a few years ago, I downloaded an app, and it requested to have access to all my keyboard datalog, and be able to share it with its servers. This may seem innocuous or required (as it was for a live translation app) but very risky as all your passwords for example are stored in your keyboard log (and all texts typed). It was not (and still is not) explicit to me as to what portion of the log was rendered accessible.
    I decided, even with the remoteness of being a target for such invasion and of using that information, to not give the required access.

As a conclusion: always make sure to understand what you install on your device(s) and to know what privacy rules apply; or just avoid.
    Thanks guys. I think I will stick to the Android feature (if I decide to record again) and not use a third-party app.