Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How can I record my cell phone screen?

Fresh Spawn

Lightbulb How can I record my cell phone screen?

Hi, lately I have played Clash of Clans and I want to record the screen of my device, does anyone know how?

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by king2042 View Post
    Hi, lately I have played Clash of Clans and I want to record the screen of my device, does anyone know how?
    That depends rather on what device, and what version of the operating system you are using.

Most modern devices have a built in screen recorder function, but we would need to know the details in order for somebody with relevant experience to be able to tell you how to access that on your device.

On an iPhone with iOS 11 or later:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207935

If on Android using Google Play, Google has a built in game recorder. Open Google Play (green controller icon), under "Continue playing" section on the main menu, select Clash of Clans which takes you to the Clash panel. In the upper right, look for a camera icon, tap it!

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    If on Android using Google Play, Google has a built in game recorder. Open Google Play (green controller icon), under "Continue playing" section on the main menu, select Clash of Clans which takes you to the Clash panel. In the upper right, look for a camera icon, tap it!
    I don't think that is the same for all versions of Android.

Actually, even though I have always played on Android, and have two Android devices currently, I've never actually used Google Play (Called Play Games on my Samsung), so I never knew that option existed

But on my phone (haven't checked Tablet), there is an option in the device menu (the one that has buttons for Quit, Home, Recent Apps) while playing a game which is called "Game Booster", and if you click on that, you get an option to record.

I know with some older versions of Android you had to use third party apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

In older version screen recording was locked only rooted devices worked but rooting phone is itself a risky task so it is never recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I don't think that is the same for all versions of Android.

Actually, even though I have always played on Android, and have two Android devices currently, I've never actually used Google Play (Called Play Games on my Samsung), so I never knew that option existed

But on my phone (haven't checked Tablet), there is an option in the device menu (the one that has buttons for Quit, Home, Recent Apps) while playing a game which is called "Game Booster", and if you click on that, you get an option to record.

Ah yes, you are correct, it is the Play Games app. And as you noted, apparently it has to be a supported device: https://support.google.com/googlepla.../6274965?hl=en. But, now I learned something new, thank you! Did not know Game Booster also offered a recorder. Looks like we may actually have multiple native recording options!

Many Manufacturers have built in recorders. My dad got a Realme X3, got built in screen recorder, no problem in switcing on and off anytime
    You really want some bread? Then go ahead create a set of goals
and cross em off your list as you pursue em

Usnavi

I'm using the current version of Android, my phone has a "button" for it in the drop down menu, where the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth settings are. If you don't see one there, go to the edit function on that same screen and see if it's in the extra ones that can be added manually by dragging and dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by lvlrCrowley View Post
    I'm using the current version of Android, my phone has a "button" for it in the drop down menu, where the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth settings are. If you don't see one there, go to the edit function on that same screen and see if it's in the extra ones that can be added manually by dragging and dropping.
    That sounds a lot like the iPhone’s control center which is also customizable, except in Apple’s case, you make the changes from the main settings menu.