Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: War starting (or editing if it's CWL) block feature.

War starting (or editing if it's CWL) block feature.

Hello clash community.

I was just thinking of a new leader feature:
    Block the starting war (or editing while CWL) feature.
    This feature will be able to block the co feature to start a clan war or edit CWL members.
    This option will be available to leader only!
    Maybe you didn't understand the problem so I'll give an example:
    What if I have a clanmate, he's very good at being co leader but he's terrible at starting wars or edit them at CWL.
    I don't want to demote him, but I want to block his access to set everything at wars.
    This button must help me!

Similar ideas but not the same:
    Anti kick feature;anti description editing feature;anti invite feature.
    Last edited by LaserRadiation; April 22nd, 2021 at 01:04 PM.

Is this a solution for a real problem you're currently experiencing or a hypothetical one where the clear answer either way is to demote them if they're abusing, misusing, or misunderstanding any or all of their rank privileges? If you explain why they are being demoted, a reasonable person would understand while an unreasonable person probably shouldn't be coleader in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Is this a solution for a real problem you're currently experiencing or a hypothetical one where the clear answer either way is to demote them if they're abusing, misusing, or misunderstanding any or all of their rank privileges? If you explain why they are being demoted, a reasonable person would understand while an unreasonable person probably shouldn't be coleader in the first place.
    I already said he's very well at being co leader but only at this he's bad.

"This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper" T S Eliot
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserRadiation View Post
    Then by definition, the player is not "very well at being a co leader". With rank comes multiple responsibilities and duties. Either convince the Co to behave in an acceptable manner for your particular cian, or demote them.
    Last edited by rowman; April 22nd, 2021 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserRadiation View Post
    Then it's real. I wasn't sure because your example was a "what if" scenario. I would demote and tell them in chat the actual reason why. If you don't want to do that, make an opportunity to "restructure" your clan and demote a group of people so your bad co doesn't feel singled out.

I demoted a clanmate from elder a while back because he had a few friends join, all of whom I kicked because they were inactive or otherwise useless and/or disruptive. I told the clanmate I'm demoting him because I don't want the friends invited back. He remained in the clan and still takes a decently active role.

Something you may want to ask yourself is will this co take you shutting down half his privileges better than simply demoting him?
    Last edited by toofinedog; April 22nd, 2021 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Something you may want to ask yourself is will this co take you shutting down half his privileges better than simply demoting him?
    If I use the button he still has the option of editing clan settings.
    If I demote him he doesn't have a lot of features.
    Much more preferable.

Pro Member
    The privilege's of Co vs Elder I believe are:

1) Can start a war
    2) Can select CWL bonus medals
    3) Can kick/demote Elders

You say he's bad at #1, I'll assume you don't want him, or he's also bad at #2. You have to consider do his clan member management benefits significantly outweigh his poor war management.

I would talk with him in chat and tell him you don't want him to do any war activity, and if he continues you will have to demote him to ensure wars happen as you want. If he continues to use the war abilities that come with the co rank after you ask him this, then I'd demote him to further drive the point. Maybe you promote him back to co after some period of time with that same clear expectation that he is not to do any war starting/editing/awarding.

I think your request complicates the demotion/promotion process to the point you want to alter a member’s permissions to create sub ranks between or within long and well-established ranks.

Alternatively, why not just ask them not to start war or change CWL rosters and keep them as co?

Forum All-Star
    You need to set standard for Co Leaders.

I took over leadership of a clan with too many kid co leaders, and it was hard to get back on track. The worst thin was that co leaders can make new co leaders.

I made a rule: If a co leader did anything wrong, they would be demoted, as well as the Co leader who promoted them.
    That worked.

I recently demoted an old co leader for starting the war at the wrong time.

I choose to insist that CWL bonus medal decisions are for the leader.

Millennial Club
    To be a Co you need to be able to trust that person as they can..

1) Can start a war/CWL war (including selecting the war size etc
    2) Rotate CWL players war to war
    3)Can select CWL bonus medals
    4) Can kick/demote/Promote members & Elders
    5) Remove CC troops
    6) Send clan mails and change clan settings

If they are co, you trust them, maybe they don’t understand the needs of all these things but you trust them, so you say to tham that as Co, u are allowed to do 4,5 & 6 and that’s their role... and not to do 1,2&3 as someone else looks after that... maybe that’s you or another co...

If, after this setting of the role requirements, they ignore you and do as they are not asked, now you can’t trust them, and they get the role they deserve, (elder) which needs much less trust.

The Co role doesn’t need editing... you need to choose them wisely that’s all...

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH14 | AQ: L80 | BK: 76 | GW 55 | RC: 30| Max Trophies: 5500+