Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Don’t want clans to get jacked but ...

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    I believe they delete them. Looking at my account on Clashofstats it shows that I was in a clan when I first started but there is no data for that clan. When I try entering the clan tag in clash of clans there's no results.

It's unclear though whether supercell only deletes empty clans, or if it's any inactive clan even if they have members.
    Clash of Stats does not save every single clan you were in if you have been in some for under a certain period of time.

I this idea goes against certain things supercell tries to do.

Currently clan name changes are ruled out in part so older players returning can have an easier time finding their old clan if it's still around and if the players are still the same. If supercell wants people to have a chance to return to old clans, this idea directly opposes this.

After 730 days, anyone can come in and take over the clan. If my friends and I saw there was a really cool update on that old game we used to play and want to start up our old clan that we left inactive, there's a chance we can't. We sign on to see that we have lost our leadership positions and kicked by someone who wasn't in our closed clan when we stopped playing. Now our lvl 10 clan is gone and we have to restart or do the same thing we dislike to someone else. The update might be really cool but how interested do you think these players would be if their "welcome back" moment is "welcome back we gave your work to someone else." Youll never retain returning players if they feel cheated the moment they sign in.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    I believe they delete them. Looking at my account on Clashofstats it shows that I was in a clan when I first started but there is no data for that clan. When I try entering the clan tag in clash of clans there's no results.

It's unclear though whether supercell only deletes empty clans, or if it's any inactive clan even if they have members.
    i have a bookmarked clan that has the leader inactive for years and years, probably 5+ years, but the clan still exists. So I guess they don’t delete a clan with a leader on it.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH14 | AQ: L80 | BK: 76 | GW 55 | RC: 30| Max Trophies: 5500+

Quote Originally Posted by Ostentatious View Post
    With point 4, I finally see your point. However, with that in mind, I still think this is not a good idea.

It's not healthy for the game. I don't think this wouldn't help things anyway; people would snatch up as many clans as possible, and what ends up happening is the majority of them are owned by people with ill-intent. Eventually there are no longer any clans to steal, or they are extremely difficult to find. Now they've cornered the market, and they can sell the clans at exorbitant prices.

The other issue is that leadership is being transferred from the clan's trusted circle of accounts to a random person without their consent and knowledge. he game discourages you from coming back because the clan you and your clan mates worked so hard to build up was stolen by someone else in seconds. How would that make you feel? The social aspect of the game i.e. clans is what has kept the game alive for so many years. This idea butchers them entirely. It also defeats the entire purpose of clan xp and perks.
    [Dear Jesus, do I ever hate forums. People don’t take the time to read what has been posted in their rush to bloviate nonsensical blather. I take solace knowing that I am not alone. Amen]

Your guess on who would corner the market on clans make no sense to me. After Prohibition ended in the US, there was not an explosion of speakeasies all over the country. How can anyone corner the market of clans when the biggest producer, Supercell, is in the market? Why would only people with ill intent get the clans? Who are they hoping to sell them to if “buyers” can go to the source and legitimately resurrect one?

You still say “stolen” but it is not stolen if you pay Supercell for it. Under the current rules an inactive leader is demoted to member after 90 days. After cycling through the rest of the coleaders, Supercell will have “stolen” it from you.

I think that my proposal strengthens the community aspect because, instead of returning to a dead clan, you might return to find what other clashers have built upon the foundation you started.
    Last edited by Deafkate; April 24th, 2021 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chased123456 View Post
    I this idea goes against certain things supercell tries to do.

Currently clan name changes are ruled out in part so older players returning can have an easier time finding their old clan if it's still around and if the players are still the same. If supercell wants people to have a chance to return to old clans, this idea directly opposes this.

After 730 days, anyone can come in and take over the clan. If my friends and I saw there was a really cool update on that old game we used to play and want to start up our old clan that we left inactive, there's a chance we can't. We sign on to see that we have lost our leadership positions and kicked by someone who wasn't in our closed clan when we stopped playing. Now our lvl 10 clan is gone and we have to restart or do the same thing we dislike to someone else. The update might be really cool but how interested do you think these players would be if their "welcome back" moment is "welcome back we gave your work to someone else." Youll never retain returning players if they feel cheated the moment they sign in.
    This is neither an accurate description of how the current rules work nor my proposal.

First, I am proposing no name changes to clans. I did not realize that was already the case. I am glad you agree with my proposal on this matter.

Let me explain the proposal again. 365 days after the last coleader has been promoted to leader and has been inactive for 90 days does the “claim leader role” button appear. That gives the last leader 455 days to log into the game just once to reset the clock and prevent the “claim leader role” button from appearing. If the clan is set to “anyone can join”, then active clashers could resurrect the clan after 455 days if there was one leader and no other coleader to cycle through. More likely it would be longer to cycle through all the coleaders and elders. If the clan is set to “invite only” or “closed”, then only the existing members of the clan can resurrect the clan for no fee. If none of the existing members are interested after another 365 days, then the clan is reset to “anyone can join” and an active clasher can join and resurrect the clan after paying the resurrection fee. So at a minimum you and your friends should have 820 days to come back before an active clasher has the chance to try to resurrect the clan. If you come back later than that, then maybe you come back and find the clan active and vibrant with clashers happy to hear about the great history of the clan or at least a button you can tap to bring it back. However, under the current rules if you come back in that timeframe you will find all your clanmates demoted to member with an inactive leader who will be leader forever because there are no more coleaders to rotate to. I think my proposal is a better “welcome back.” My proposal fits perfectly with what Clash of Clans is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Deafkate View Post
    You still say “stolen” but it is not stolen if you pay Supercell for it. Under the current rules an inactive leader is demoted to member after 90 days. After cycling through the rest of the coleaders, Supercell will have “stolen” it from you.
    I like the OP idea, BUT I think the resurrection fee should be paid with actual money, something like 100$ for a dead level 10 clan. Otherwise you aren't making SC part of the market, but only gifting lots of dead clans to the black market.

With such a high price, the black market dealers wouldn't be interested in resurrecting clans. And possibly neither would be those same clans ex-members. But if they really care for that name and war log, "let them pay with a smile".
    Last edited by eitiel; April 24th, 2021 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deafkate View Post
    This is neither an accurate description of how the current rules work nor my proposal.

First, I am proposing no name changes to clans. I did not realize that was already the case. I am glad you agree with my proposal on this matter.

Let me explain the proposal again. 365 days after the last coleader has been promoted to leader and has been inactive for 90 days does the “claim leader role” button appear. That gives the last leader 455 days to log into the game just once to reset the clock and prevent the “claim leader role” button from appearing. If the clan is set to “anyone can join”, then active clashers could resurrect the clan after 455 days if there was one leader and no other coleader to cycle through. More likely it would be longer to cycle through all the coleaders and elders. If the clan is set to “invite only” or “closed”, then only the existing members of the clan can resurrect the clan for no fee. If none of the existing members are interested after another 365 days, then the clan is reset to “anyone can join” and an active clasher can join and resurrect the clan after paying the resurrection fee. So at a minimum you and your friends should have 820 days to come back before an active clasher has the chance to try to resurrect the clan. If you come back later than that, then maybe you come back and find the clan active and vibrant with clashers happy to hear about the great history of the clan or at least a button you can tap to bring it back. However, under the current rules if you come back in that timeframe you will find all your clanmates demoted to member with an inactive leader who will be leader forever because there are no more coleaders to rotate to. I think my proposal is a better “welcome back.” My proposal fits perfectly with what Clash of Clans is about.
    Never once did I suggest you ever were suggesting a name change. Thats a very tough interpretation to get to so I'm not entirely sure why you felt the need to add this.

Next im really not sure you understand what leaders can do. When someone is leader of a clan they can demote and kick anyone out. It doesn't matter if they were once leader or a very old co leader. The leader has the power to remove them. So back to my example.

My friends and I stop playing for +2 years and we come back because whatever. The following events could have happened under your idea:
    1) Our closed clan got set to anyone can join.
    2) a new player joined and got leader
    3) the new person kicked me and all my friends out of the clan
    4) we return expecting to be in the clan we made for our group of friends for us to be kicked and clanless

So again who is this idea actually good for? You make this sound like people should be happy they got their clan taken. And since you love saying supercell owns the clans so they can't be stolen, feelings do not have to follow a legal basis. They can feel like something was taken even if its not theirs. So if I came back expecting to still be leader of the clan dead clan and looking forward to reviving it with my friends and ut was taken by someone else, why should I be happy? Why should I be excited the thing I was excited to do was ruined? If the clan was closed and had always been closed because it was a friend and family clan, why should I be thrilled its thriving when it was never meant to have strangers? Your " welcome back" sounds like its just a slap in the face and we are expected to say thank you.

Lastly as I pointed out supercell has expressed they have an interest in returning players being able to find their old clans whether or not you believe this fact. How does this idea encourage this even if youre the only person left in the clan and you can have it taken while its closed?
    Last edited by chased123456; April 24th, 2021 at 03:46 PM.

This idea isnt great since you can probably take a brand new clan to lv 10 (or close enough to be acceptable growth) with b2b wars, CWL, and clan games in 730 days.

If you plan to rebut with, "a new clan needs 5 for war, 13 for clan games (to max), and 15 for CWL," consider you need the same number of players to do the same things in the clan you're trying to hijack, so what's the point of stealing a high level clan when you don't have enough players do anything with it?

Last edited by toofinedog; April 24th, 2021 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    What is the actual benefit of this suggestion?

What benefit is there to the game or the players in resurrecting a dead clan?

for example to take over an already started clan without starting it from scratch, I imagine that the coc servers have a cost and I would like the money I invest in the game to go to feed the game and not to keep a bunch of empty and non-empty clans recoverables that take up space and resources. If they could be recovered, the whole community would benefit

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by toxic82 View Post
    for example to take over an already started clan without starting it from scratch,
    That is the opposite of a benefit. That is BAD for the game. And it isn't good for any players except those few who are rich enough to buy the clans that would result (they would of course be snapped up by profiteering black marketeers, ordinary players wouldn't get much of a look in)

I imagine that the coc servers have a cost and I would like the money I invest in the game to go to feed the game and not to keep a bunch of empty and non-empty clans recoverables that take up space and resources. If they could be recovered, the whole community would benefit
    I genuinely cannot imagine how anybody can think that the whole community could benefit. There cis no doubt at all n my mind, it would be harmful for most of the community. The ONLY people who would benefit would be the lazy, selfish players, and the black marketeers/scammers.

The cost of keeping those dead clans is so miniscule that it is a complete irrelevance in the grand scheme of things. The cost of developing this system would undoubtedly be FAR higher, as would the cost of support calls resulting from it.