Thread: Fox and Frog houses!

Fox and Frog houses!

I've been seeing some farmers not happy with foxes or frogs that like to overtake their farms, so I've come up with an idea/solution! What about having an item (a small hole with a bush next to it for foxes, and a cute pond for the frogs) that when you have it on your farm, you allow the spawn of foxes and/or frogs. If you do not have this item on your farm, the animals will not spawn to overrun your farm. It can also serve as a decoration to your farm as well.

Edit: The animal deco can either keep the animals around that item, or allow them to spawn freely, so you can decorate accordingly. To prevent an infestation, only allow a small cluster of foxes or frogs to spawn.
    Last edited by Fezzerz; April 21st, 2021 at 11:37 PM.

Credit goes to Be A Legend for this gorgeous signature! Thank you!!

Farm Level: 103
    Town Rep: 31
    Achievements: 148/150

Dairy Delights Owner/Founder

Not bad idea but removing foxes is on 'Ruled out for the time being' list so I think its not going to happen.

Good point! Then another idea is if you don't have the fox or frog item on your farm, the animals will roam freely like they do currently. If you do have those items on your farm, the animals will only be around that item without clogging up your farm.

It's been a wonderful 4 years here. Thanks everyone and stay in touch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezzerz View Post
    Good point! Then another idea is if you don't have the fox or frog item on your farm, the animals will roam freely like they do currently. If you do have those items on your farm, the animals will only be around that item without clogging up your farm.
    There are several threads discussing how to trap frogs/foxes. See if you can find them using the search function.

https://justhayday.boards.net/
    (Grand Opening 5/28/21)

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    There are several threads discussing how to trap frogs/foxes. See if you can find them using the search function.

Lol thank you, but I don't need it my farm's layout is where they can't spawn except outside my farm. I was just coming up with ideas for those that aren't in the same position as me.

It's been a wonderful 4 years here. Thanks everyone and stay in touch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezzerz View Post
    Lol thank you, but I don't need it my farm's layout is where they can't spawn except outside my farm. I was just coming up with ideas for those that aren't in the same position as me.
    Lol, When I re-read my post it kinda sounded like sarcasm, but it really wasn't meant to be

https://justhayday.boards.net/
    (Grand Opening 5/28/21)

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    Lol, When I re-read my post it kinda sounded like sarcasm, but it really wasn't meant to be
    Not at all! I did appreciate the thought though of wanting to help me. I've seen so many people with a fox or frog infestation and I was trying to figure out ways to help everyone lol.

I recently was introduced to the fox problem the first time, and found a lot of threads, videos on the internet. I wonder why this is on the no change list since years. I would not mind, if there are 3, 4 foxes, but 10 or even far more I have seen on friends farms?
    I figured out, now as tip, they spawn in the upper right corner of the river, there you should trap them with fences or production machines. If you leave a path at the riverside to the road they can leave single by single. Don't place Raspberries or appletrees near there or at the road, they are attracted to it.

But the idea with a fox house I find interesing.
    Frogs can be catched by placing a pond decoration.
    Last edited by ClaudiaX68; April 24th, 2021 at 08:34 AM. Reason: forgot something