Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: th14 drops, no new, troops no new spells, no new meta....

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #41
    Quote Originally Posted by ESCANOR0803 View Post
    Well instead of new max troops,my base is getting tripled by max pets and heroes at 5600 cup range.
    Maxed all your defenses yet ? Found the best ways to utilize builder huts already and changed base yet ?

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by APURV77 View Post
    So you want say there is no exclusive new meta possibility as of now for th14 which lower townhall cannot use?
    I am saying for TH13 and TH14 (not just TH14 alone, this is what it was for the last few TH levels when a New Max TH level was introduced).

Quote Originally Posted by APURV77 View Post
    A new troop is welcomed but pets have made heros much stronger so experiment with large housing space troops like super witch ,Golem,super valk ,etc have become possible and also clone buff with extra space can be meta changer.
    Lower townhall might have troops but cannot have such powerfull heros
    This doesn't make any sense..... Lower TH level have weaker defenses, and so having less powerful Heroes. The point is there are 2 types of meta changing, the first is additional levels to existing troops/heroes and additional capacity, this happen every TH level, as defenses get stronger, so we need higher level and more capacity. The second type is in the form of New Troop. Are you saying we don't need second type of meta changing just because the first type of meta changing is enough? I don't think so, because look at number of New Troops we have in TH9 to TH12.

TH9 - AQ - Baby Dragon, Witch, Lava Hound
    TH10 - none - Miner, Bowler
    TH11 - GW - Electro Dragon, Ice Golem
    TH12 - Siege Workshop - Yeti, Head Hunter
    TH13 - RC - none
    TH14 - Hero Pets - none

I don't consider Hero Pets enough since we have AQ at TH9, GW at TH11, Siege Workshop at TH12, in which arguably each of them is more meta changing that Hero Pets (my own opinion). And yet we have multiple New Troops added to the respective TH level when a New Max TH level is introduced.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:29 AM.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    Yes agreed about the pros are able to create/invent new metas from existing troops, but that means TH12-TH14 will have the same new meta, since the troops that these last 3 TH levels use are the same. We have also seen "plenty of those" get a new troop unlocked for Max TH level minus 1 when a new Max TH level is introduced, but not this time.

Yeah but we also have seen plenty of examples where nerf brigade starts crying regardless we are given the time to upgrade defenses or not. It's the nerf brigade after all. Shouldn't be the reason or deterrent to create a new troop or new meta at TH13 and TH14.
    Something about past results and future guarantees etc comes to mind.

Well itís not a given that TH12-14 will have the same meta. It is feasible (but we donít know that yet) a certain strategy might work because of certain pets which might not work at lower TH levels with lower level troops or something.
    Hogs are a TH8 troop. Miners a TH10 troop yet hybrid attacks were invented basically in the TH12 days of the game and was used mostly by TH12 and later TH13. You didnít see it that much in TH10.

I don't know what SC has planned but if I look at the update as a whole it was quite a large one. Those 4 pets and pet house etc is basically like designing 4 new troops. And some features in the update werenít for TH14 but just because we canít use them doesnít mean there was nothing the update. Some of it just wasnít for us. Like starter challenges etc. and all in all adding yet another troop in there feels a bit much already.

TH10 and 11 have been more staggered releases. TH12 they basically dumped a whole TH level into 1 update. Now it seems obvious theyíre going with a more staggered release, but if they have a new troop on the drawing board I donít know. But I will say that we just got 4 new ones in terms of the work that went in them.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #44
    This doesn't make any sense..... Lower TH level have weaker defenses, and so having less powerful Heroes. The point is there are 2 types of meta changing, the first is additional levels to existing troops/heroes and additional capacity, this happen every TH level, as defenses get stronger, so we need higher level and more capacity. The second type is in the form of New Troop. .
    No, there are more things that are meta changing. Of course a new troop is a dramatic one to change metas but thereís more.
    1) players create new bases and therefore new metas are invested with existing armies and troops. (Weíve gone over several examples in this thread.
    2) Troop AI changes or defense workings change.
    3) troops are nerfed or buffed and or defenses are nerfed or buffed or changed.

The upgradable builder huts and new bases that come with them has the potential to be meta changing. I do think people are severely underestimating the builder huts. We all have 5 of them. They have damage and HP close to an archer tower plus the builder repairs nearby buildings until his hut is destroyed.

The other day I saw a lonely maxed ice golem pounce an isolated builder hut upgraded 1 time (so not maxed yet). The builder hut was winning the battle. but I've hardly seen weaponized builder huts yet in battle not even to mention bases have been adjusted yet.. so all in all it is much too early yet to form any conclusions that this update isnít going to change metas.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Something about past results and future guarantees etc comes to mind.

Well it’s not a given that TH12-14 will have the same meta. It is feasible (but we don’t know that yet) a certain strategy might work because of certain pets which might not work at lower TH levels with lower level troops or something.
    Hogs are a TH8 troop. Miners a TH10 troop yet hybrid attacks were invented basically in the TH12 days of the game and was used mostly by TH12 and later TH13. You didn’t see it that much in TH10.

I don't know what SC has planned but if I look at the update as a whole it was quite a large one. Those 4 pets and pet house etc is basically like designing 4 new troops. And some features in the update weren’t for TH14 but just because we can’t use them doesn’t mean there was nothing the update. Some of it just wasn’t for us. Like starter challenges etc. and all in all adding yet another troop in there feels a bit much already.

TH10 and 11 have been more staggered releases. TH12 they basically dumped a whole TH level into 1 update. Now it seems obvious they’re going with a more staggered release, but if they have a new troop on the drawing board I don’t know. But I will say that we just got 4 new ones in terms of the work that went in them.
    I guess you haven't seen this summary I made of what was unlocked from TH9 until TH14.
    TH13 - RC - none
    TH14 - Hero Pets - none

Hero Pets are addition to your Armies, just like what AQ did at TH9, GW at TH11, Siege Machine at TH12.
    While talking about impact to meta, AQ, GW and Siege Machine arguably have more impact than Hero Pets, if you didn't think so because you haven't max them yet, sure, but I don't share that opinion. Is Hero Pets meta changing enough to impact your Armies selection? For sure. But let's not forget AQ at TH9, GW at TH11 and Siege Machine at TH12. The additions and new levels is in line with how the defense strength increase as we get stronger defenses as well.

While New Troops are those that you can choose for your current Army Composition, it's no longer about Levels and Capacity. And we have multiple new troops for each respective TH level at TH9 to TH12 even though there are AQ, GW and Siege Machine. The point is, Hero Pets are much more like Heroes / Siege as addition to the game, and not how New Troops could impact the meta. It's different kind of meta changing we are talking about, using a New Troop will impact to the rest of your Armies selection, as you need to remove some capacity to have the space to use the New Troops.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:45 AM.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    The upgradable builder huts and new bases that come with them has the potential to be meta changing. I do think people are severely underestimating the builder huts. We all have 5 of them. They have damage and HP close to an archer tower plus the builder repairs nearby buildings until his hut is destroyed.

The other day I saw a lonely maxed ice golem pounce an isolated builder hut upgraded 1 time (so not maxed yet). The builder hut was winning the battle. but I've hardly seen weaponized builder huts yet in battle not even to mention bases have been adjusted yet.. so all in all it is much too early yet to form any conclusions that this update isn’t going to change metas.
    You are repeating your point, but this time from the defensive end, while previously from offensive end with the Hero Pets addition.

Tell me about TH9-TH12 New Defense that we get as compare to Builder Huts? I think you have hugely underestimated X-Bows, Inferno Tower, Eagle, Giga Tesla.
    Then tell me about Hero Pets comparison to AQ, GW, Siege Machine.

You could think either way, it's fine with me. At the end, we still get few Multiple New Troops at TH9-TH12 though? But why not at TH13 now?
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:51 AM.

I guess you haven't seen this summary I made of what was unlocked from TH9 until TH14.
    TH13 - RC - none
    TH14 - Hero Pets - none

Hero Pets are addition to your Armies, just like what AQ did at TH9, GW at TH11, Siege Machine at TH12.
    While talking about impact to meta, AQ, GW and Siege Machine arguably have more impact than Hero Pets, if you didn't think so because you haven't max them yet, sure, but I don't share that opinion. Is Hero Pets meta changing enough to impact your Armies selection? For sure. But let's not forget AQ at TH9, GW at TH11 and Siege Machine at TH12. The additions and new levels is in line with how the defense strength increase as we get stronger defenses as well.

While New Troops are those that you can choose for your current Army Composition, it's no longer about Levels and Capacity. And we have multiple new troops for each respective TH level at TH9 to TH12 even though there are AQ, GW and Siege Machine. The point is, Hero Pets are much more like Heroes / Siege as addition to the game, and not how New Troops could impact the meta. It's different kind of meta changing we are talking about, using a New Troop will impact to the rest of your Armies selection, as you need to remove some capacity to have the space to use the New Troops.
    I like how you count yeti as a th12 troop when it was released with th13 and head hunter as a th12 troop when it was introduced 6 months AFTER the release of th13. Letís not try to pretend that this is all that we will ever get for th14.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #48
    You are repeating your point, but this time from the defensive end, while previously from offensive end with the Hero Pets addition.
    But why not at TH13 now?
    I keep repeating my point because apparently I read the same thing over and over again. And frankly Iím done with that now as I wonít continue arguing. Because all Iím really saying is that is just too damn early to form an opinion on this matter.

People seem to be under the impression that there are only 1 or 2 things can be meta changing and one of them is a new troop.
    I argued against that and the examples given serve the purpose of backing up that claim.

And again (a repetition of what Iíve said..) who says there wonít be a new troop at one point ?
    Obviously SC chosen a more staggered release for TH14.
    Plus 4 pets = 4 new troops. So yea I imagine they donít do a new troop this very same update.

TH13 - RC - none
    TH14 - Hero Pets - none

Yes Iíve seen the summary but again my point was a different one.
    The inventions of new metas did not coincide with the release of that new troop. Many of these metas were developed years later.

The trick with with pets will be combining the right Pet with the right hero and depending on your attack strategy the best combo might not always be the same one. Again too damn early to form conclusions.

Banned
    Perhaps ive derailed this thread a little by including the word meta, which i personally dont really use if im honest. What i really meant was attack strategy. Ill throw a few examples out there that might explain more about what i meant. Bowlers in your cc at th9 was pretty game changing, seiges at th10 was game changing, th14 release so far has no bearing on attack strategy as a whole unless your a 14 with the new pets. New th usually means new toys that not just the top th level can enjoy, previous th levels have usually delivered something straight away but this time sc have focused on de upgrades mainly ( something majority of 13s complained we had nothing to use de up on) Imo while the de upgrades are completely essential sc couldve done things differently, as example why not release 5 levels on pets with launch and give a new troop or spell or seige and add more pet levels later? th14 release so far has no effect on the game so far. I want to clarify here also that im not hating on the update, im happy for what we have been given but it really does seem like an oversight to me

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsjusmac View Post
    Perhaps ive derailed this thread a little by including the word meta, which i personally dont really use if im honest. What i really meant was attack strategy. Ill throw a few examples out there that might explain more about what i meant. Bowlers in your cc at th9 was pretty game changing, seiges at th10 was game changing, th14 release so far has no bearing on attack strategy as a whole unless your a 14 with the new pets. New th usually means new toys that not just the top th level can enjoy, previous th levels have usually delivered something straight away but this time sc have focused on de upgrades mainly ( something majority of 13s complained we had nothing to use de up on) Imo while the de upgrades are completely essential sc couldve done things differently, as example why not release 5 levels on pets with launch and give a new troop or spell or seige and add more pet levels later? th14 release so far has no effect on the game so far. I want to clarify here also that im not hating on the update, im happy for what we have been given but it really does seem like an oversight to me
    Because the pros knew hybrid existed all along. They just needed to wait for miners to be released.
    I found a response earlier interesting: you should know how painstakingly tolling the process of basebuilding, testing new strategies, practicing, etc. is. Just assuming that an attacking appears overnight once the troops necessary for it are released is naive at best.
    Last edited by Ostentatious; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:55 PM.